Top Shelf Brewing

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by Boto, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boto

Boto Apr 26, 2003 Connecticut

2. edallolie

edallolie Oct 12, 2015 Connecticut

hmmmm well thats gross. I used their cans as extras for a couple months before I had one and I was actually shocked at how good it was! I had Marathon and thought it could become my #2 local after Hag. I haven't seen any cans since the summer though. They tout their new space on social media quite often though, showing the construction progress.

3. Lupin

Lupin Jun 4, 2006 Connecticut
    Society Trader

I had the coffee cake porter at the two roads fest recently and enjoyed it, but other friends and I have run into infected bottles from them a few times and have been generally avoiding them as a result since.

4. BigDog33

BigDog33 Apr 9, 2010 Connecticut

5. plutoniumpete

plutoniumpete Oct 21, 2008 New Jersey

Yea it sounds pretty shitty on the landlords part, but glad the news covered the follow-up. Could have been detrimental to TS's future at their new place, which sounds like a great move. Is he pissed at them moving and him losing the revenue? Was he really just honestly concerned it was mold? I don't know what his original basis was for reporting his concern, so that's just my 2 cents. Glad to see them persevering though! I wish a new brewery would move into the old John Harvards, loved that place when it was open.

6. blackngold41

blackngold41 Jun 15, 2012 Connecticut

I went about 1.5-2 years ago and sampled everything they had on tap that day. It was by far the worst beer I had ever tasted. I wish I was exaggerating. Hopefully they've improved since then; judging by a couple of the comments above, it seems like they may have.

7. edallolie

edallolie Oct 12, 2015 Connecticut

That's how I feel about Stoney brook.

8. PenningtonNY10

PenningtonNY10 Nov 20, 2009 Connecticut

Agree about how they were tasting 2 years ago or so but yeah they definitely have improved. Marathon is a solid IPA and the saison is nice too. Apparently they've made some pretty good brewery only bottles too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.