Toppling Goliath (2020)

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Lorddevn, Jan 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorddevn

Lorddevn Initiate (69) Mar 10, 2019 Wisconsin
    Trader

Cibsie likes this.
  2. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (8,425) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

3. Cibsie

Cibsie Initiate (173) Jan 10, 2015 Minnesota
    Trader

Lorddevn likes this.
  4. Lorddevn

Trader

Agreed on all accounts. Shipping is high, was easy to get looks like they must have a made a lot with how long it was open for.

Cibsie likes this.
  5. eawolff99

eawolff99 Meyvn (1,149) May 10, 2010 Minnesota
    Trader

Would anyone be willing to mule some TG growlers for me? PM me please and I’ll make it worth your while!!

6. Lorddevn

Trader

7. mdg164

mdg164 Initiate (90) Mar 28, 2017 Pennsylvania
    Trader

ISO: assassin proxy, will make it worth your while. PM me to discuss.

If I win, I’ll cover all the cost and shipping, and will provide thank you beers and/or a donation to your local first responders, we can work it out via PM.

#87 mdg164, Apr 13, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  8. Lorddevn

Trader

TonyLuvsBeer and forum8417 like this.
  9. sordyl

sordyl Initiate (149) Jan 20, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

They're allowing proxy pickups but the page doesn't say how they're preventing fake name entries, I imagine they're doing something, but it doesn't say.

10. forum8417

forum8417 Initiate (182) Feb 1, 2011 New Jersey
    Trader

ISO: A Proxy. I Will pay for shipping, Give you a bottle of assassin as well as a thank you box. let me know

donnysaur, Chilmer, Zdarby11 and 2 others like this.
  11. Lorddevn

Trader

They say they’re checking IP addresses. So I’d imagine if you enter 5 from the same IP they’d catch on. I know VPNs could fix that issue but I hope people have some respect for the system

eppie82 and stmoorea like this.
  12. eppie82

eppie82 Meyvn (1,406) Apr 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Unfortunately, that's never going to happen.

13. Lorddevn

Trader

I know but we can always dream.

eppie82 likes this.
  14. eawolff99

eawolff99 Meyvn (1,149) May 10, 2010 Minnesota
    Trader

They should bump up the names against names in the lottery, eliminate duplicates and then potentially have proxies provide both their ID as well as a copy of the ID of the lottery winner. Just an idea. Or if you're using a proxy, you have to send a photocopy of your ID to Toppling. Some way of forcing you not to just register using everyone in your family on every device you own.

15. Affinity

Affinity Aspirant (258) Nov 24, 2018 Missouri
    Society Trader

People already ISO proxies for this and negotiating thank you beers. This is crazy to me. With the unreal allotment that was described and the wide time window for enrollment into the lottery I am guessing thousands of people will enter. I am wondering what the odds of actually winning are. Anyone know how many approximate allotments there are? What have they done in years prior?

rmpic82 likes this.
  16. Lorddevn

Trader

Not sure the exact amount usually would say close to 1500-2000. However yea this is going to be a crazy small chance to win.

Securing proxies now just means if you win you have someone to get you the beer. If you lose nobody is out anything.

forum8417 and Affinity like this.
  17. WIexile

WIexile Initiate (74) Jul 20, 2017 Michigan
    Trader

I will be down in Decorah multiple times during May, I may be able to help a few folks out.

Ckoz, Slack, JayCheG and 2 others like this.
  18. gatornation

gatornation Poo-Bah (6,755) Apr 18, 2007 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Many will enter the lottery,how many will pull the trigger of those for $255.00 on 4/17 -4/19?

19. Lorddevn

Trader

Cool story. Not any that I’ve had, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

thedaveofbeer likes this.
  20. thedaveofbeer

thedaveofbeer Aspirant (249) Mar 25, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

This is actually probably the most polite response I could get. Mine was definitely a bit trolly, so I deleted it. Cheers to you!

Lorddevn likes this.
  21. Lorddevn

Trader

I kind of figured. But it wouldn’t be the first time on BA someone came in to say that. I don’t take anything on this site too seriously as we’re all here to enjoy good beer and help each other out. Cheers to you as well.

eppie82 likes this.
  22. Sabtos

Society Trader

There's usually a ton of entries into their BA lotteries because they make a whole event of TG releases in Decorah, lots of draft events and bottle shares, official and unofficial, and Pulpit Rock will have releases too.

So I wonder how many more will enter because proxies are allowed, or if it's a wash because there's no chance of going to have a good time this time around.

23. Bojandjakovic

Bojandjakovic Initiate (0) May 2, 2017 Illinois

If anyone, who wins, needs a proxy PM me. I can help some people out!

24. Affinity

Affinity Aspirant (258) Nov 24, 2018 Missouri
    Society Trader

I guess I just don't see the point in counting your chickens before they hatch. People be giving up Assassin bottles like its a White Claw.

25. KevinJohnson2

KevinJohnson2 Devotee (459) Jul 8, 2013 Michigan
    Society Trader

I'm with you... It cluttering up the trading boards and is completely unnecessary at this point. Plus after being home for so long, I'm looking forward to the drive if I'm lucky enough to get a package.

26. Sabtos

Society Trader

I love how all the ISO posts have now transformed into FT posts. Think there's gonna be a lot of disappointed people on both ends of these deals, but just thought that immediate switch to opportunism was pretty funny. Don't see that very often in real time on here anymore.

27. Lorddevn

Trader

It’s not the people that are like hey I don’t have to travel from Cali to get there so I’ll enter. It’s the people like I’ll travel either way but I’m going to enter my mom/Gma/gpa/baby mamas cousin and if they win I’ll be there proxy, that worries me.

12ArmedGoon likes this.
  28. Ckoz

Ckoz Aspirant (271) Feb 15, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Pretty amazing to me people are asking for and receiving a bottle of assassin just for proxying. That’s wild. Seems a bit steep. But if you’re desperate you’re desperate I guess.

29. Lorddevn

Trader

Just looked at the FT threads. Yea that’s just dumb what’s happening there. If you want to post here sure but clogging up that forum is silly.

30. Sabtos

Society Trader

I had some time off in May for DLD...still waffling on actually entering, but if I do, and win, I'll probably go. Maybe stop at some kind of park or other on the way there or back, if they're open. With my Vader mask.

ECOBOOSTINST likes this.
  31. ECOBOOSTINST

ECOBOOSTINST Aspirant (261) Jul 7, 2016 Iowa
    Trader

I'd rather take the $36 bottle of Zeelander off of peoples hands.......lol.......

maximum12, Sabtos, Bruno415 and 3 others like this.
  32. TurkeysDrinkBeer

TurkeysDrinkBeer Initiate (92) Sep 8, 2018 Virginia
    Trader

If I win a chance to purchase the package I would give you the Zeelander and Norseman bottles to proxy

33. Stevedore

Stevedore Poo-Bah (5,941) Nov 16, 2012 Oregon
    Society Trader

It's not like beer nerds on each corner of the IA-MN-WI-IL border have anything better to do... the amount of people willing to offer proxy services will be unreal. Just make sure you choose someone that you can trust!

34. MNPikey

MNPikey Devotee (438) Feb 27, 2011 Minnesota
    Trader

Beer ratings = Marketing + Rarity^(Price paid)

ECOBOOSTINST likes this.
  35. DogfishRyan

DogfishRyan Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2011 Minnesota

For a bottle of Assassin, I'm certainly available to proxy for someone.

Bojandjakovic likes this.
  36. jeevo

jeevo Initiate (0) Nov 1, 2012 Pennsylvania

Hoping these emails get sent early and everyone gets notified together but knowing TG, half of the winners will be notified at 11:58 pm tonight and the other half won’t be notified until next week because their server crashed or some shit.

37. Lorddevn

Trader

What they have been doing the past few lotteries is sending out the winners. Usually there’s a 2 hour window of people being notified and then a second round of emails for the people who won but didn’t claim their ticket.

38. kreg02

kreg02 Disciple (363) Nov 19, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Im in the not getting an email mindset because of the 100k proxy entries from everyones extended family, neighbors, co-workers, beard-oil salesmen, deceased relatives, etc.

Qian_Xiao, Vitacca, eppie82 and 8 others like this.
  39. forum8417

forum8417 Initiate (182) Feb 1, 2011 New Jersey
    Trader

I keep checking my email. wonder when they start popping up

40. Lorddevn

Trader

In the past it’s usually 11-12 cst but usually they’ll post on the tweeter or the instergrams they sent out emails.

Affinity and forum8417 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.