Toppling Goliath in Little Rock

Discussion in 'South' started by beeragent, Feb 27, 2019.

1. beeragent

beeragent Meyvn (1,312) Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Society

I’ll be passing through Little Rock this weekend, and was wondering what my chances were of finding any bottles/cans of Toppling Goliath beers? The liquor stores I’ve called so far are currently out of stock, so I was hoping someone may know where I can find some. Thanks,

2. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (9,092) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Trader

Divert to Fayetteville there's plenty...

3. ElChuques

ElChuques Initiate (90) Oct 8, 2014 Arkansas

There’s a ton at Ace Liquor in Cabot, that may be a few miles out of the way depending on where you’re headed.

What’s your route?

4. ElChuques

ElChuques Initiate (90) Oct 8, 2014 Arkansas

Did you find any? Are you coming back through? Don’t leave me hanging in suspense!

5. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Poo-Bah (1,665) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Legacy and Colonial still have some, but it's from the original drop. Most 2-3 months old now.

ElChuques likes this.
  6. beeragent

Society

Sorry, I already completed the trip so I forgot to check back on this thread. I went to Colonial and they had a great selection of, relatively fresh, Toppling Goliath. Everything was canned within the last three months. The only bad part was the amount of $$$ that I spent, but with a long drive and kids in the car, the beers were awesome! I'll be heading back though again in August, so hopefully they'll still be well stocked.

jvgoor3786 and ElChuques like this.
  7. russpowell

Trader

They are staying steady in Fayetteville, any empty slots are getting re-filled

8. beeragent

Society

On my second pass through of the year, through Little Rock, I was sad to see that Toppling Goliath has been temporarily pulled from the shelves. I’ve been told it’s a problem with the distributor and I’ve also been told it’s a brewery issue. Regardless, it’s not available around Little Rock. I did find a place just outside of Little Rock, in Bryant, that still had some. Even though it was old stock (past it’s best-before date), I found a place that still had some, and after getting a slight discount, decided to pick a few 4-packs up. Even a bit old, their IPAs are still quite tasty!!!

jvgoor3786, russpowell and AlanFTani like this.
  9. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Poo-Bah (1,665) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Apparently Arkansas is on some list that only gets their beer if they extra stock one all the primary distributors get theirs. Oh well. The fact we see it at all is pretty great.

russpowell and ElChuques like this.
  10. russpowell

Trader

Was up in Springfield MO yesterday & there was some in the two stores I checked, but it looked to be a similar situation.