Total Wine Braintree

Discussion in 'New England' started by brewme, Jul 14, 2019.

1. brewme

brewme Crusader (729) Mar 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

I work nearby, so will be checking it out soon on a (liquid?) lunch break. Looking for feedback/recommendations.

2. Nestor87

Nestor87 Initiate (71) Jun 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

They have the same stuff most everybody else has — fewer options than a place like Fort Point Market or CBC, actually — for slightly less money. Almost none of their stock is refrigerated. Unless you’re excited to save 25 cents a can on warm Boom Sauce, it’s pretty underwhelming.

3. Rysk22

Rysk22 Aspirant (219) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

I’ve never been very impressed with Total Wine. They may have been nice years ago before local stores had good craft options but now I just don’t see what’s so special. Lots of old cans on those shelves.

SunDevilBeer likes this.
  4. jbertsch

jbertsch Meyvn (1,174) Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts

There’s enough reason to go for wine, liquor, and lower-priced common beer (i.e. a sixer of JA House Lager for a little cheaper than other places). Other than that, don’t get too excited.

meefmoff likes this.
  5. TreeHouse_Erection

TreeHouse_Erection Aspirant (205) Aug 7, 2018 Connecticut

Total Wine is not an option for buying beer. Their scotch selection/prices however....

6. gatornation

gatornation Poo-Bah (5,191) Apr 18, 2007 Minnesota
    Trader

I Buy Titos and Hamm's at TW. I will also new craft beer items from local/regional/national brand (i know they are fresh). They also have some nice bourbons that they put out sporadically on the shelf.. like Blanton's/Weller/Elijah Craig. Overall it is worth a visit for sure from time to time.

soheadyithurts likes this.
  7. nathanb47

nathanb47 Initiate (162) Dec 14, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

The nice thing is they have mix a six but like someone else said majority is warm or outdated. They only care about wine/liquor and at that only their brands they entice you with being cheaper than the big name brands. I’d rather spend my money at CBC Braintree, better selection, better people and cold beer ready for my belly

8. oldbean

oldbean Disciple (350) Jun 30, 2005 Massachusetts

Yeah, I'd rather spend a couple extra bucks and avoid supporting a store that I actively hate.

SouthAtholSuds likes this.