total wine coupon

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by danfinegan3, Sep 18, 2013.

1. danfinegan3

danfinegan3 May 5, 2010 Florida
    Beer Trader

2. jcb7472

jcb7472 Jul 13, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

3. adam42381

adam42381 Oct 10, 2005 Florida
    Beer Trader

Thanks for posting. I printed a few of them. Too bad they don't do them for large format bottles anymore.

Rizalini likes this.
  4. Stugotzo

Stugotzo Jun 13, 2012 Florida

They probably will.

Used to be a month straight of $1 off 4 or 6 packs of $6.99 or more (limit 4), then a months straight of $1 off 22 oz or larger bottles of $6.99 or more (limit 12).

5. skateclutch

skateclutch Apr 11, 2012 Florida

I think they will still do big bottles as well. I always use this coupons when I can. Month back I printed the coupon and their were two coupons..$1 six packs and 10$ off wine...Cashier scanned the wrong one and I got $10 off my beer..didn't notice until I was home and saw the receipt

Score!

6. Stugotzo

You're gonna regret that post. ;)

El_Zilcho likes this.
  7. adam42381

adam42381 Oct 10, 2005 Florida
    Beer Trader

This is the opposite of beer advocacy.

Stugotzo likes this.
  8. RayUF07

RayUF07 Sep 22, 2012 Florida

I can't believe their POS didn't recognize your order did not meet the requirements and reject the coupon.

Makes me wonder, i bet i could make a ton of money for TW if i worked for them. That shit wouldn't happen for sure. Very poor software.

9. Stugotzo

The coupons aren't scanned. There's a 4-digit code that is typed in by the cashier.

Not that the method of entering a coupon should make a difference though.

10. skateclutch

skateclutch Apr 11, 2012 Florida

Like I said in the original post I didn't notice it until getting home and my girlfriend asking how much I spent. It was actually the first time I had ever even been to a Total wine,usually shop at luekens since it's a stones throw away....I also spent around 150-180 there so 10 bucks wasn't noticable....jeez no wonder I stay off the internet

11. Stugotzo

Told ya you'd regret that post. :p

12. Stugotzo

13. SILVER

SILVER Jan 3, 2007 Florida
    Subscriber

Hey, they didn't send me one this time!
    Thanks.

14. Stugotzo

I didn't get it either... but I did get a long e-mail about wine class schedules. o_O

15. jcb7472

Beer Trader

I think I got that wine classes email yesterday so maybe your email is a little slow LOL and you will get this one tomorrow.

16. SILVER

SILVER Jan 3, 2007 Florida
    Subscriber

Yeah, my email was slow also. I have the coupon in my email now.

17. Saudereth

Saudereth Feb 21, 2013 Virginia
    Beer Trader

Is there a new one yet? I don't know if I just have the wrong store set as my store, but I live in VA and am not getting these in my inbox, just fliers for other stuff.

18. jcb7472

Beer Trader

I haven't gotten another one yet. I hope one is coming. :)

19. antilite

antilite Jan 1, 2012 Florida

I haven't got a coupon with my emails for quite a while. Months, actually. I have a TW account. I sent TW corporate an email asking why, and I received a very quick and cordial reply telling me they will be using different types of "regional promotions". I miss the coupons. They offset the cost of 60 miles in gasoline for my trips over. There is a "contact us" link on their homepage. A little pressure might help. I have to admit to a little stretching of the rules. I would place an online order for 4 sixers, pick it up and stow in my car, and go back in for 4 more and go through checkout using the printout. Is this not kosher? I always felt a little guilty. But I got over it.

jcb7472 likes this.
  20. Kevinhcraig

Kevinhcraig Jan 19, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

Anyone have an updated coupon? Would like to use them to get a few 4 packs of breakfast stout today.

21. Stugotzo

Haven't gotten one in forever.

When I used the last one posted at TW Clearwater, it wasn't recognized by their registers. Link clearly showed it was before the due date, proper items purchased, and valid in FL. Manager had to come over and do an override.

So frustrating when there's other customers in line behind you, and you can tell they're annoyed.

22. jcb7472

Beer Trader

Maybe they brought them back one time to appease the people that complained, and then pulled them again. Hopefully we get another one in our inboxes soon - fingers crossed - but sounds like TW wants to get rid of these. If they do, I will be shopping more at ABC and Crown.

gjoker321 likes this.
  23. Stugotzo

+1

gjoker321 likes this.
  24. jmm380

jmm380 Jul 8, 2013 Florida

It's nice to say, but neither Crown or ABC carry any where near the numbers that TW does.

25. Kevinhcraig

Beer Trader

Agreed. Breakfast stout is $13 per 4 pack at ABC. TW has it for $10.50. LIL was $25 at ABC, TW had it for $21. You get the idea...

azorie and jmm380 like this.
  26. Andreias21

Andreias21 Feb 3, 2011 Florida

Yeah, the main benefit to ABC is they often have stuff you can no longer find at TW. I know an ABC that still have Old Rasputin XV and a full row of Fruet on the shelves..

Kevinhcraig likes this.
  27. jivex5k

jivex5k Apr 13, 2011 Florida

Yeah that's the only good thing TW has nowadays.
    They can't keep CCB stuff in stock for the life of them. I'll gladly pay a small premium to be able to walk in buy new releases like DHOTHS after work, not worry about rushing to get it from behind the counter.

jcb7472 and Kevinhcraig like this.
  28. jmm380

jmm380 Jul 8, 2013 Florida

For my area that's the only benefit. The ABC's and Crown's around me don't get shite for new releases from CCB.

29. jcb7472

Beer Trader

+1. If it's something I know they have at TW, I'll buy it from them. Problem is, they get limited quantities, keep it behind the counter, and it's gone the day it comes in. At least I can get the stuff I want at ABC or Crown.

Andreias21 likes this.
  30. closisinthehouse

closisinthehouse Jun 10, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

For the past 3 years, I have made a point to support the small beer shops, even though I paid a bit more. The great customer service kept me coming back. As of late, those small shops no longer get anything from CCB besides the regulars and I now find myself at Total Wine. I must that TW's prices are much better than any ABC or small beer shop, but I'm to the point that when I go to TW, I don't bother going to the beer aisle, I just go right to the customer service desk and ask what goodies they are hiding. A little over 4 weeks ago they had Jose Marti behind the customer service area at ONE BOTTLE per person.
    Sorry to get off topic friends.
    I have yet to see a new coupon come out.

gjoker321 likes this.
  31. jcb7472

Beer Trader

No worries. I can one-up you on that story about Total Wine. A couple of months ago I went there and asked at the service desk if they had any Cigar City beer behind the counter? All they could give me was ONE BOTTLE of Patio Pils! LOL. Of course I bought it, but that was pretty lame.

closisinthehouse likes this.
  32. chardlogic

chardlogic Feb 18, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

IS there some sort of general memo that NO Cigar City is to be put on the shelves anymore?

33. jcb7472

Beer Trader

They put some of it on the shelves at the TW near me. For example, they don't keep Maduro, Helles, or FL Cracker behind the counter, so if they have it, it's on the shelf. Lately they just started putting like one sixer of Jai Alai on the shelf, but then they have a box of it behind the counter and I think they may still limit to one per person. Cucumber Saison was on the shelf for awhile...seemed like it was not selling. However, all other CCB they keep behind the counter. Only referring to the Fort Lauderdale store here.

34. valrxman

valrxman Jun 30, 2010 Florida
    Beer Trader

Where can I get another Fruet?

35. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Feb 16, 2011 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

36. jcb7472

Beer Trader

Agreed, and not everything at ABC is priced higher than TW. A few months ago I bought Terrapin WnB and it was $3 cheaper than TW. Jai Alai is $9.99 at ABC and $10.49 at TW. There are a few other examples of this, where ABC is slightly cheaper than TW. I will agree with you that, across the board, TW has better prices but sometimes it's just easier to find stuff (and actually on the shelf) at ABC.

37. jivex5k

jivex5k Apr 13, 2011 Florida

Yeah Jai Alai is always cheapest at ABC.
    Even crown is higher.
    I haven't been to TW in months, yet I go to ABC yesterday, oh look, Dry Hopped on the High Seas? Awesome!
    Good Gourd! Sure, why not? Oh, and about 4 sixers of Jai Alai, don't mind if I grab one.

I go to TW:
    Uh....Florida Cracker....Hello? Even you are gone?
    Well there's gotta be some Helles at....no? Oh...

38. jcb7472

Beer Trader

I bought some Breakfast Stout at ABC yesterday and it was $10.99, not $13. Also, in case anyone is looking for it, they had several 6-packs of CCB Dry Hopped on the High Seas. The one on Federal Hwy in Ft Laud.

SILVER likes this.
  39. Kevinhcraig

Beer Trader

Hmm, I am in Orlando so maybe the price is different here? I will have to call them back and see if they lowered it. Or maybe the rep told me the wrong price when I initially called.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe