Trade Value Thread (2020)

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by Michaelpro824, Jan 2, 2020.

1. jts211

jts211 Initiate (147) Aug 5, 2018 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Can anyone speak to the value of FOb4? For example, if a $24 4/pack of beer A was offered in return for 1 bottle of FOb4, is that a fair trade to both sides?

2. Thirst_trappist

Thirst_trappist Aspirant (294) Jan 18, 2016 Florida
    Trader

Well you detailed one part of the trade..let's get more specific on the other side

What is the 4 pack? That will help the thread give you advice

3. jts211

jts211 Initiate (147) Aug 5, 2018 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

4. rizzle2110

rizzle2110 Initiate (54) Nov 13, 2015 California
    Trader

I just snagged one the other day at K&L for 163.86 OTD. They went super fast though.

Rustytacos likes this.
  5. putonyourwalkingshoes

putonyourwalkingshoes Devotee (428) Jul 31, 2013 California
    Trader

Yeah the few times I've visited Seattle I recall those state owned liquor stores and the liquor in general costing more than placed like CA

Thanks for this insightful info. I had no idea the back story with the 3 Matts and Toronado.

jheimbigner likes this.
  6. TomFoolery_x

TomFoolery_x Aspirant (206) Oct 4, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Rare 15 for dfpf + Miami madness. I’m on the rare side, what/if anything do I need to add?

7. Hopelessly0

Hopelessly0 Aspirant (225) May 13, 2019 California
    Trader

Not too far off, maybe a 5th can at worst. FOb5 can be obtained on shelves, and FOb4 had a good amount too.

jts211 likes this.
  8. thankyouverylittle

thankyouverylittle Initiate (31) Nov 6, 2019 North Carolina
    Trader

Is Triple Barrel Circle of Wolves for Millerzzzz 1:1 fair?

9. TonyLuvsBeer

TonyLuvsBeer Aspirant (225) Mar 28, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

Not even close. TBCoW x 2 maybe.

10. MKE_Hopspur

MKE_Hopspur Initiate (60) Mar 15, 2017 Wisconsin
    Trader

Would Maman '19 + Maman '18 + Blue Ridge land a 4R SmBLE '19 (750 ml)? I'd be on the beer side.

rmpic82 likes this.
  11. not2quick

not2quick Devotee (494) Dec 1, 2015 Missouri
    Society Trader

Hoping to land a Black Agnes + Heart of Darkness in one trade. I am offering SP floue floue b2 + Fuzzyb4. Told I was off since HoD is a $100 bottle?!

What was Black Agnes retail? Does HoD trade for over retail? All I know is they are highly rated on untapped so I'd like to try them.

Any tips?

12. jheimbigner

jheimbigner Defender (698) Apr 18, 2015 Washington
    Society Trader

Black Agnes is $32 for a 375ml. I think you should be able to get this easily at a $4$ trade

does seem the latest 375ml batch of HoD does trade at its cost of $180.

Schramm's also ships to a lot of states, if you would rather wait and just purchase it yourself.

13. jheimbigner

Society Trader

I think that is overkill. Really a Maman + blue ridge should get it done...But 'bourbon tax' seems to be on the rise. For reference, they have been going for about 300 locally - which is about 50 over retail cost in Washington

rmpic82 and MKE_Hopspur like this.
  14. rmpic82

rmpic82 Devotee (472) Jan 27, 2017 Kansas
    Society Trader

From a secondary perspective, it’s over - I agree. Retail at 4R drop was around $150. It’s just a matter of finding someone who wants to give up their SMBLE. I have had all the liquids in the trade and its a tough call, which means it’s a pretty good offer. Retail matches up and secondary is ++. Good luck!

jheimbigner and MKE_Hopspur like this.
  15. mac_tre

mac_tre Initiate (36) May 22, 2018 California
    Trader

value check on Boutit Boutit? Specifically looking for lambic/funk.

16. spersichilli

spersichilli Aspirant (234) Apr 26, 2018 Florida
    Trader

what year? BA or non BA? Don’t think there’s much value either way.

17. mac_tre

Trader

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure what year, it was given to me. It's Maple Apple Brandy BA.

18. spersichilli

Trader

That’s this years. It’ll be cost or slight above, you could maybe trade it for shelf lambics

19. mac_tre

Trader

Thanks. I normally don't drink these kinds of beers so I never know if they're worth much or not.

20. spersichilli

Trader

the majority of the j wake wakefest bottles are pretty much cost except the BA big poppas. Large quantities, QC issues, took a while to sell out, some even got distro

mac_tre likes this.
  21. nmoe

nmoe Initiate (107) Dec 18, 2015 Minnesota
    Trader

How about the most recent Anabasis and BA CSV for 2 Green Assassin? Does the Assassin need to add? How much?

Thanks

22. Rustytacos

Rustytacos Aspirant (224) Mar 19, 2018 California
    Trader

Seems pretty straight forward 2:2 however based on the fact you would have needed to “win” 2 sets in order to get 2 green assassins maybe the other side would need to add if anything. Just my opinion

23. jheimbigner

Society Trader

Didn't two base(green wax) assassins come with the set?

I think the assassin side would have to add a plus, something around an MD b6

24. Rustytacos

Trader

You’re right, I stand corrected. The set did come with 2 regular assassins and yes the assassin would need a plus.

25. nmoe

nmoe Initiate (107) Dec 18, 2015 Minnesota
    Trader

This is actually what I was thinking. Thanks for the feedback guys.

26. ikaika122

ikaika122 Initiate (137) Apr 16, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

Been out of the trade game for awhile so I’m a bit rusty on trade value. Would BCS 2 year reserve + Prop 19 be in the ballpark for a Midnight Still?

27. D09daryl

D09daryl Initiate (107) Mar 11, 2017 California
    Trader

I think that would close 2:1 - maybe a small plus on the MS side to even out the cost

Affinity, jheimbigner and ikaika122 like this.
  28. ikaika122

ikaika122 Initiate (137) Apr 16, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

thanks!

29. mrtomatohead49

mrtomatohead49 Disciple (327) Apr 9, 2013 Georgia
    Trader

How close is Assassin 2020 + Flora b8

to

Starry Noche?

30. Qu3st

Qu3st Initiate (56) Dec 4, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

I have a few aged Sierra Nevada Big Foot, very aged. (2)2011 and (3)2015. I have them stored in the same place and pretty much never have moved them. I opened one of the 2011 around December and it was well carbonated, no off taste, and simply great.

Do these have value or way to niche?

I'll just drink them myself at some point if they don't, so I'd need them to bring in something difficult to find to make it worth giving any up, 5-10 years of good aging is not an easy find.

Was going to look for something like Westvleteren 12, Pliny Young, a rarer Cantillon etc.. Need some perspective here, I think these are worth such asks, but maybe I've lost it.

31. MattOC

MattOC Disciple (386) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Bigfoot is a seasonal shelf beer at this point, has been for awhile. Unless someone is missing a year for a vertical tasting, bottles don’t hold much value. It’s extremely unlikely you could trade any for the beers you listed. It’s a classic. Drink and enjoy.

32. SierraNevallagash

SierraNevallagash Crusader (730) Sep 23, 2018 Maine
    Trader

Personally, I think you'll have a hard time with that one. I could see someone who really wants vintage Bigfoot doing a Westy 12 for some, but I don't think it'll pull Cantillon, and Pliny The Younger is so past its prime at this point, you wouldn't want it anyway.

They definitely have some value - particularly to someone who's amassing a Bigfoot vertical, but with two '11s and three '15s, I wouldn't aim too high.

To put this into perspective, I've offered some lesser Side Project, BA Fayston Maple, tons of Bissell, vintage Allagash, and a slew of well-respected bottles, and I've gotten very little Cantillon. I think you could maybe get a 375ml of Lambic, Classic Gueuze, Kriek, or Rosé de Gambrinus for them at $4$, but as far as the season Cantillons, you would need someone hell-bent on getting some '11 and '15 Bigfoot to have a chance at that.

In any event, I wish you the best of luck! Being in Massachusetts, I'm sure you'll manage to pull something off eventually. Cantillon is just a bitch to get! I'd enjoy the Bigfeet if I were you.

unlikelyspiderperson likes this.
  33. narddawg314

narddawg314 Initiate (174) Feb 6, 2015 Missouri
    Trader

Anyone know where B2 SR-71 is at these days? I've posted a few FT and not a single reply. List of beers like this

Stagg Jr
    Blaeber '18 375ml
    Nath 750ml
    Kriek 375ml
    Iris 750ml
    KdF
    Tete v16
    Couer de Cuvee
    OdB
    Floue Floue
    Coexpressionalism
    Brooklyn Vibes
    BA Fat Elvis
    Modem Tones with Vanilla

34. Rustytacos

Trader

Not to far back it closed 1:1 and I know it’s gone up a little more but that should do it.

35. Qu3st

Qu3st Initiate (56) Dec 4, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Thanks for the feedback!

MattOC likes this.
  36. odcardinal

odcardinal Aspirant (214) Apr 12, 2015 Florida
    Trader

I recently closed one on FB for DoT 1,2,4,5, Scoopcake (375 ml), Double Nilla (375 ml), and Double Chocolate (375 ml). Hope it helps! Maybe a little over but I was motivated to close. Good luck!

37. craftnewb

craftnewb Initiate (85) Apr 9, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

Does the Other Half mixed stout set (40 degrees, Pastrinauts, and Banana Latte) carry some trade weight? Looking to see if the set will land the recently released Aslin stouts - West Chester (1/pp) and Norwa (1/pp).

So essentially 3:2. I am on the OH side.

38. Slack

Slack Savant (928) Feb 14, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

Need to wait until people pick up & open their Aslin bottles

39. traction

traction Zealot (533) Dec 4, 2010 Georgia
    Society Trader

Anyone got a VRU value (clearly I haven't been in a trade value thread in a while) for the Angry Chair Puffs (Blue, Purple, Yellow) set? Trying to trade for one close to $4$ but I don't know the original brewery cost.

40. jamvt

jamvt Disciple (385) Aug 5, 2005 Massachusetts
    Trader

Looking to score Pliny for Pres. Will a Flora B4 do it?