Trade Value Thread (August 7-14, 2018)

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by blkhawk14, Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkhawk14

blkhawk14 Initiate (76) Nov 14, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

The guidelines for this are the following:
    1. Under no circumstances should cash value, offers to exchange cash for beer, offers to exchange beer for cash, offers to exchange cash for prime grade A sirloin or really anything involving cash at all be mentioned. This will lock the thread immediately and you will be shamed. If you have to use a reference, I would recommend the gold standard of RVRU (relative vanilla rye units)
    2. Don't be vague. No one really knows if you're ISO or FT. No beer has a singular value, so asking "what can I get with X?" will result with a million answers. "What does it take to land Y?" Again please help give us an idea of what you have FT or where about you're at to give an idea of locals, etc.
    3. The purpose of this thread is to help users out and introduce some dialogue and conversation into the merits of a particular proposed trade. It is meant to help users new and old and be a bit more dynamic than the "completed trades" section.
    4. Have fun with this!

Thirst_trappist likes this.
  2. LuckyOneSix

LuckyOneSix Initiate (150) Aug 11, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Would Flora b7 be enough for any two fruited Floras? Going with a 750 for two 375's mentality here.

3. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus Disciple (343) Apr 8, 2017 Indiana
    Trader

Having recently tried to procure a Flora for a dear friend (who ultimately settled for a fruited flora), I will give my experience not knowing the "true value":

There's not a lot of the last batch of Flora running around it seems. Some people definitely let me know they were looking for VR type trades for it, while others at the minimum of something more like Rare 15. That said, I did talk to a few people that were willing to do lesser trades for theirs. However, it either became clear to me how much it meant to them that I didn't want to trade it away from them, or they simply didn't have it after they checked.

If you were looking at relative values, I'd say you could get it done NP if you didn't have a venn diagram problem. With that, I just don't know how much those that go to HF frequently would be interested. Literally, I don't know - that's what I feel like this is dependent on.

LuckyOneSix likes this.
  4. LuckyOneSix

Trader

Yea, that's an interesting point I didn't think about. Chances are the folks with multiple Flora's are the ones that frequent HF enough that they probably already have one or more b7's stashed away. On the bright side, this was just a curiosity and not a burning ISO:FT. That, and I saw an empty thread that needed some love :grin:

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  5. Leftofthedial

Leftofthedial Disciple (345) Nov 17, 2011 California
    Trader

I've got a bottle of Elmer T. Lee (ETL) bourbon. Would it be reasonable to ask for a Lou Pepe Gueuze or a Broken Truck 4, or would I be needing to add?

6. boarder1999

boarder1999 Initiate (31) Dec 16, 2014 California
    Trader

Would I be able to get a FOb4 for a BA Caffe Americano 1:1?

7. blkhawk14

Trader

I think you might be able to pull BT 4, perhaps with a smaller +. LPG i think would take a bit more but the bourbon tax is pretty nebulous. Worth putting it up and seeing what happens, think its close enough to try for sure

8. Thirst_trappist

Thirst_trappist Initiate (176) Jan 18, 2016 Florida
    Trader

It feels like it shouldn't but then again CCB doesn't seem to have much trade value.

1 small plus should be a easy close

boarder1999 likes this.
  9. flat_lander

flat_lander Disciple (392) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Premium Trader

First post to TVT, so be gentle. I'm looking to trade a 4 pack of Mikerphone's BA ISLBS for a bunch of fresh WW Juicy Bits. Do you think the 4 pack for a case is possible? I realize the shipping cost is way lopsided on the WW side. Or to bring shipping cost down maybe a 12 pack of Juicy Bits with some WW stout(s) in the mix... Thoughts? Thanks for any insight.

maltznhopz and Beer_Economicus like this.
  10. Aetherbulb

Aetherbulb Initiate (85) Oct 10, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Case should be attainable. The issue is the shipping. You might be able to find someone. The nice part is they are cans. Think post and see what you find. Maybe post 2 instead for 12 pack. Think you could easily get it done that way as well

flat_lander likes this.
  11. Thirst_trappist

Thirst_trappist Initiate (176) Jan 18, 2016 Florida
    Trader

Yeah maybe splitting it up. Two for twelve

flat_lander likes this.
  12. flat_lander

flat_lander Disciple (392) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Premium Trader

Thanks all. I'll probably post it today as 4 for a case, or an option of 2:12 and expanding to some Medianoche for more bottles of BA ISLBS.

13. Jaredf916

Jaredf916 Initiate (23) Oct 29, 2016 California
    Trader

Would I be able to get a BT4 for FOb3 1:1? Or would I need a +? Thanks!

14. OverTrainOverGain

OverTrainOverGain Initiate (76) May 11, 2017 Oregon
    Trader

Probably a small plus, couple monkish cans or something. Could try 1:1 and see what happens, it is a fair ask IMO. Lot more BT this time around from what I heard. GL.

Jaredf916 and blkhawk14 like this.
  15. LuckyOneSix

Trader

What is BT4?

16. OverTrainOverGain

Trader

Broken Truck Batch 4 from de Garde

17. LuckyOneSix

Trader

Thanks. My acronym game is off today!

18. dranthony2012

dranthony2012 Initiate (157) Dec 12, 2013 California
    Trader

How many FOb4 to land to a 50N4E most recent batch?

19. OverTrainOverGain

Trader

I would not have let any of mine go for 2. I essentially traded all mine away for about 2.5 a piece which I felt was fair considering it was all stateside. The issue I have been seeing is people with them over here ask for the equivalent of 3 or even 4. So you could try going the 2+ route but I wouldn't hold your breath. GL.

20. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus Disciple (343) Apr 8, 2017 Indiana
    Trader

To add to this, if I had one and I was trading it away for FO, I would certainly not let it go for less than 3. Even Batch 3 valuation, since roughly 2 Batch 3 was a VR, and 50N > VR, let alone the demand for 50N. With B4 Values, I's be looking for 3 minimum. More than likely, I'd be looking for 4 where I offer a small plus to even it out slightly if I got no bites after a couple weeks.

The "Lambic Tax" when trading stouts for Lambic seems every bit as real as the "Bourbon tax".

21. 7irondave

7irondave Disciple (334) Jun 22, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

Trillium Permutation 23, 52 or 57 for Henna b3

Would any of the Trill Perms get me close?

22. Curedmeatncheese

Curedmeatncheese Initiate (73) Aug 9, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

I don’t think if you offered those 3 Trill bottles you would get any bites. Definitely no one single bottle would do it.

7irondave likes this.
  23. Piromnyk

Piromnyk Initiate (30) Mar 22, 2018 California
    Trader

How many FOB4 should I expect to give up for a EOCb2? Would a mix of other BL help? (GS or FS)

24. blkhawk14

Trader

FS will help. With venn issues, not sure any reasonable amount of FO will close eoc

Thirst_trappist likes this.
  25. Bum4ever

Bum4ever Devotee (405) Jan 18, 2017 California
    Trader

I don’t think too many people were able to pick up in person in both Santa Cruz and Anaheim. There pretty far apart.

blkhawk14 likes this.
  26. blkhawk14

Trader

The window for FO pick-up is pretty wide too from what I understand. Still relatively local and a lot more FO in california generally than the rest of the US. FS is also in a tier above FO and would definitely help when trading up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.