Trade Value Thread (July 2018)

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by blkhawk14, Jul 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aetherbulb

Aetherbulb Initiate (101) Oct 10, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Seems pretty close.

2. D09daryl

D09daryl Initiate (47) Mar 11, 2017 California
    Trader

I highly doubt it, seems far closer to a 1:1. They all trade around the Bottle Logic Ground State level from what i've seen

3. dkol1875

dkol1875 Initiate (19) Feb 12, 2018 District of Columbia
    Trader

I'm new to the whiskey game and have a Weller 12 that I'm sure I will enjoy but not appreciate. If I were to trade it, would it be close to a VR?

4. blkhawk14

blkhawk14 Initiate (90) Nov 14, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

Unless its a 1.75 no, you are short of a VR by a decent + even with bourbon tax applied

5. narddawg314

narddawg314 Initiate (131) Feb 6, 2015 Missouri
    Trader

Trying to close a beer for not beer trade and not sure how many VR's these bottles are going for these days

BAA '18, BBT, Carpathian

Thanks!

6. cmukid87

cmukid87 Aspirant (243) Jan 30, 2017 Michigan
    Trader

I think both of those is overkill. If anything one of the barrel aged and one of the non (buckley/bark lord) as a plus. Territory was ticketed to the public with 4 bottles pp limit. If I did the trade for Canuckley and Bring the Ruckley I would definitely feel like I was winning.

7. Aetherbulb

Trader

BAA & Carpathian - 2 VR Units

BBT - 2-1/2 VR Units

8. narddawg314

narddawg314 Initiate (131) Feb 6, 2015 Missouri
    Trader

I think you're off on Carpathian seeing as there were less than 300 bottles total made, and it's trading equal or higher than BBT. Not trying to shit on your opinion and thank you for the response!

9. CWC177

CWC177 Initiate (24) Apr 6, 2018 New Jersey
    Trader

Thanks, glad to have some input from MI! Was just curious as I haven't seen what these have closed for.. I'd have no problem adding a plus on my end to get it done (Prairie BA bottles like Pirate Bomb, Pirate Noir, Other Half hops, etc.)

blkhawk14 likes this.
  10. cmukid87

Trader

I can speak for those Transient bottles, although slightly bias, that they are absolutely fantastic.

11. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus Devotee (432) Apr 8, 2017 Indiana
    Trader

BAA at 2 VR units? That's exceptionally high. Like twice as high almost. 2 VR units puts it in BBT territory, and it's not near BBT.

BAA wasn't even 2 VR units before the 2018 release, and since then has only decreased.

Not trying to be rude, but that's a SUPER high valuation. Anyone that put up FT BAA ISO 2 VR would get crickets, and anyone putting up FT 2 VR ISO: BAA would have their inbox flooded.

Chuck2319 and croush like this.
  12. Pup21

Pup21 Initiate (118) Mar 4, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Was thinking of offering a jk omniscience (2017) for a ba (rum or bourbon) hardywood gbs. Thoughts?

13. OverTrainOverGain

OverTrainOverGain Initiate (87) May 11, 2017 Oregon
    Trader

Why not

14. 7irondave

7irondave Disciple (383) Jun 22, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

I have no idea what A Deal With De Molen trades for. Would:

• Trillium and Tree House cans land one $4$?
    • Trillium (stouts/sours) or Hill Farmstead (sours) land one 1:1?
    Thanks

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  15. Aetherbulb

Trader

Understand you logic, but you also have to look at the tax of trading up as well. It is probably a little under 2 VR units, but still seems to fall in the somewhere around there. Thanks for the feedback.

16. Thirst_trappist

Thirst_trappist Initiate (196) Jan 18, 2016 Florida
    Trader

Could some combination of AC RR , cycle rare noa, Fremont coffee kds, bcbcs get me a coconut+ bourbon midnight still?

17. mrtomatohead49

mrtomatohead49 Aspirant (263) Apr 9, 2013 Georgia
    Trader

How much of a plus on Assassin 2018 to get either BAA 2018 or Hung drawn and quartered?

Figured I was at 2.4 imaginary beer units with the assassin and both of the other two were at 3 units. Am I off? Anyone have plus suggestions?

jhavs likes this.
  18. Beer_Economicus

Trader

Honestly, I think you are best off by listing every plus you would be willing to offer, and say "pick 1."

What you need is someone who wants an Assassin and will give up a BAA. The average joe probably wants a FO B3 type of add, but it should not require that much. You're more likely to find someone that has a more obscure want in the range of ground state, I think, if you offer all your potential pluses and give them the option.

19. blkhawk14

Trader

Honestly seems like BAA and Adsassin 18 are sitting about 1:1 right now. Hung drawn needs a + on assasin end, somewhere around .5 IBU (new term for imaginary beer units)

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  20. blkhawk14

Trader

This ones still totally up in the air value wise far as I can tell. Their first collab was rough but totally different style. May go $4$ with more limited trill or treeehouse. Same with hill stuff, maybe 1:1 with ba Dorothy or something like that but can't imagine going 1:1 with Anna or Arthur

Beer_Economicus and 7irondave like this.
  21. 7irondave

7irondave Disciple (383) Jun 22, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

Definitely would not expect 1:1 with HF shelfies. Should have been more specific.

Thanks for the input

Beer_Economicus and blkhawk14 like this.
  22. dxtxxii

dxtxxii Initiate (33) Dec 1, 2016 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Took me a couple weeks offering Assassin+ to get BAA, and eventually had to use FOb3 as my + to close it. Unfortunately, Assassin '18 doesn't seem to have as many people searching for it considering what it goes for.

23. Dactrius

Dactrius Meyvn (1,100) Apr 23, 2012 Wisconsin
    Trader

Full disclosure, I brought a couple bottles home with me but it's not for trade.

I'm not sure this is helpful, but I assume the new De Molen would trade in line with what adwtd do trades for, maybe slightly higher due to the 6 bottle limit on the DM but perhaps slightly lower due to it not having the pedigree. Also probably a bit harder to nab the DM since there are likely just less bottles of it floating around, especially in the lower 48 since it's not like the adwtd release where a bunch of people flew up there specifically for the release.

24. Beer_Economicus

Trader

My guess has been lower since there have been only a hand full of ISOs. When ADWTD gets released, it's like seeing a big BA stout release from perennial, TG, SP, etc. everyone wants it. So far, does not appear to be the case with either of these anchorage releases from Saturday.

Just my 2cp.

25. cmukid87

Trader

FWIW, I saw a post on a social media site looking for a 4:2 ratio and was offering Rocky Road, Big Poppa, Boss Tycoon and Perennial 17 for De Molen

26. Thirst_trappist

Trader

How many VR units is,Veil ba sleeping forever Kentucky reserve?

27. KevinJohnson2

KevinJohnson2 Disciple (378) Jul 8, 2013 Michigan
    Premium Trader

I have a ‘16 St Lam that’d i’d to turn into LPF... Would I have to add or would i’d be looking 1:1?

Thanks for the feedback! Cheers!

28. colby600

colby600 Devotee (472) Mar 24, 2015 Massachusetts
    Premium Trader

I traded BA Affogato + RFI : for Kentucky box with the glasses two months ago. So roughly 1.5 VR units.

29. blkhawk14

Trader

Normally i'd say the St. Lam has to add but with the scarcity of St. Lam this year its gone up a bit in trade value. Because of Venn Diagram issues (ie lots of folks with lpf have st lam) you may have to add something like an RdG or equivalent.

KevinJohnson2 likes this.
  30. Thirst_trappist

Trader

Hmm...my mistake,..I don't care about the box or glasses.

What's your feeling now?

31. colby600

Premium Trader

I don't feel feelings anymore. I can't give an accurate answer to your question.

32. colby600

Premium Trader

I like the glasses more than I liked the beer if that helps.

core42 likes this.
  33. Thirst_trappist

Trader

Haha I had it and liked it is the reason I ask

colby600 likes this.
  34. blkhawk14

Trader

The guidelines for this are the following:
    1. Under no circumstances should cash value, offers to exchange cash for beer, offers to exchange beer for cash, offers to exchange cash for prime grade A sirloin or really anything involving cash at all be mentioned. This will lock the thread immediately and you will be shamed. If you have to use a reference, I would recommend the gold standard of RVRU (relative vanilla rye units)
    2. Don't be vague. No one really knows if you're ISO or FT. No beer has a singular value, so asking "what can I get with X?" will result with a million answers. "What does it take to land Y?" Again please help give us an idea of what you have FT or where about you're at to give an idea of locals, etc.
    3. The purpose of this thread is to help users out and introduce some dialogue and conversation into the merits of a particular proposed trade. It is meant to help users new and old and be a bit more dynamic than the "completed trades" section.
    4. Have fun with this!

35. jones7981

jones7981 Initiate (50) Jan 7, 2016 Kansas
    Trader

Looking for Holy Mountain Guava Gin Table and Barrel Aged Abraxas '18.

Should SP Jammy with 2 other bottles from SP or HF pull either of the above? Should I be looking at 4:1 instead of 3:1? Or do I need a bigger bottle to start from?

Side Project
    --Jammy
    --Pulling Nails 5
    --Oude du Ble b1

Hill Farmstead:
    --Civil Disobedience 15
    --Civil Disobedience 16
    --Civil Disobedience 18

Appreciate the feedback.

36. Thirst_trappist

Trader

Looking for a fou Fone

Could some combination of Rocky road, Fremont coffee kds, Horus goshawks grasp

37. Aetherbulb

Trader

I think you may need a bigger anchor for the BAA. Dont know enough about Gauva Gin, but you may be able to pull it with the right set of eyes.

38. Aetherbulb

Trader

Yes, I think RR with a small plus would get it. Goshawk Grasp should be similar. Not sure about coffee KDS. You definitely have the ammo to get it.

Thirst_trappist likes this.
  39. blkhawk14

Trader

GGT is essentially unobtainable at this point. BAA is bud light in comparison. I would think you are looking at a solid 3:1 with regards to BAA as the BAA person is "trading down". This seems especially true if you are trading across styles (ie stout for AWA et cetera) as the comparative values are harder to assess.

40. Thirst_trappist

Trader

Cool thanks. What kind of small plus? If you can give a couple examples

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.