Trade Value Thread (May 2018)

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by Aetherbulb, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aetherbulb

Aetherbulb Initiate (98) Oct 10, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Yeah it will go with those. It will go 1:1 with some of the lesser BL. Close but probably not on FO or FS level.

blkhawk14 likes this.
  2. blkhawk14

blkhawk14 Initiate (84) Nov 14, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

Agreed--prop is def down a bit in trade value but not enough to make them 1:1

3. blkhawk14

Trader

A lot of variation in AC bottles but not sure how many AC you could pull 1:1. Cycle I would think you could pull any of their recent bottles 1:1, even the more limited like DBVDBR et cetera

4. LuckyOneSix

LuckyOneSix Initiate (156) Aug 11, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Did 1:1 with FOb3, so yes.

5. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus Devotee (402) Apr 8, 2017 Indiana
    Trader

I'd argue that you are the exception, not the norm. I've only see. BA Sunday brunch close twice for that high, but seen it close many times more for 3/4-4/5 of that value.

6. LuckyOneSix

LuckyOneSix Initiate (156) Aug 11, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Maybe, but I'd argue it's a completely fair 1:1. Both were lottery if I'm not mistaken. Both had the same allotment at 3pp, and both were in the same price area (off by a few dollars). I can't speak for FO's release, but I'm assuming that it sold out instantly, as did BA SB. What am I missing?

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  7. Beer_Economicus

Trader

Not saying it is not fair. Anything that close along all dynamics is, in my opinion, fair. I think myself (and others) are alluding to the average trade and relative valuation in terms of trying to pull one. You can not necessarily expect to pull a FO with a BA SB, but you can expect to pull a BA SB with a FO, on average.

cavedave and dranthony2012 like this.
  8. boarder1999

boarder1999 Initiate (31) Dec 16, 2014 California
    Trader

Trading my FOb3 for a BA Affogato. I don't know much about Affogato's value (or BA of it), so would I get a plus on that? What about my DSN for Pastry Method?

9. Beer_Economicus

Trader

If you are getting the BA Affogato, you're getting a great deal.

SagittariusA and blkhawk14 like this.
  10. NoleBeerNoleFun

NoleBeerNoleFun Aspirant (285) Aug 17, 2015 Florida
    Premium Trader

Space Trace Batch 1(2016) for Fundamental Summation..fair?

Thirst_trappist likes this.
  11. efrankmcguire

efrankmcguire Aspirant (293) Nov 22, 2015 Georgia
    Trader

Looking to ascertain the value of my GNVP B2 and 4 Roses Black Magick. I have tried to use these to get a conversation started for a BAA, but I haven't even had a "close but" or "you need to add...". Any insight would be great.

12. NoleBeerNoleFun

NoleBeerNoleFun Aspirant (285) Aug 17, 2015 Florida
    Premium Trader

You need a Whale to pull a BA Abraxas..was discussing with someone recently that the days of pulling a Whale with a large quantity of good beers seem to be over at least on BA..its strictly whale for a whale now

efrankmcguire likes this.
  13. blkhawk14

Trader

Venn diagram issues aside this is probably relatively even

14. Beer_Economicus

Trader

That's not always true, but yes, most people get so few "big beers," that they want to try to use their big beers to try other big beers that they cannot get. So, it's a continuous problem.

That said, there's a lot of GNVP out there. It wouldn't be hard to pull one - if you want one - with 1 or a few quality choice beers. Same with the black magic.

That's the issue with everyone offering VR, FO B3, etc. it's not hard to track one down, so why should I accept your offer, at "fair market value?" When I could go next door and get the same thing?

IMO, unless you find someone with the right set of eyes, you're going to usually have to add if you have 1 or more beers that are always on the trade boards, AND you're trying to trade up. You'll have to go over by (IMO, up to 33%) depending on what you are offering in order to get a bite.

cavedave and NoleBeerNoleFun like this.
  15. catscadia

catscadia Initiate (72) Feb 25, 2016 Washington

Would a 2015 First Nail have any value anymore? Or would it be way passed its prime? Perhaps as a fun + with a 16 and 17 rusty nail?

16. Jafix

Jafix Initiate (59) Feb 7, 2016 California
    Trader

Can I 1:1 EOC for Brew 1K? I'm on the EOC side.

KevSal likes this.
  17. blkhawk14

Trader

I think you'd get some attention with a combo of those 3 for sure. Put up an ISO and see what happens!

18. KevSal

KevSal Savant (973) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Trader

great idea for a thread!

i’m interested in finally striking down marshmallow hanjee after this saturday’s release. my plan is. a westly 17 and west ashley

think it could happen?

19. KevSal

Trader

i think that’s overkill on your end, but 1k has blown up recently. i got mine with an omega point twice (they were released around the same time)

20. Aetherbulb

Trader

That's a tough one, but I think you have enough with the westly to start the conversation. It really depends on bottle count and how good it is. Best to strike early with it though.

KevSal likes this.
  21. KevSal

Trader

cool thats my plan actually, and take my chances that its a great year.

appreciate the feedback

22. state08

state08 Initiate (73) Feb 4, 2016 New Jersey

FWIW I also did this same trade.

LuckyOneSix likes this.
  23. Glover

Glover Initiate (0) May 9, 2018 Massachusetts

I have a couple of Triple Shots and an Impermanence from Treehouse that I am looking to trade, and I want to get a sense of how much value I have here.

My main ISO's: Stay Puft (both the regular and PB variant)
    Hill Farmstead IPA's and Some of the Floras
    Tired Hands Milkshake IPA's

My ISO's will probably change as a I see more interesting beer, but if I could get some help on the value I have in relation to these ISO's I'd appreciate it!

24. BeerBaron666

BeerBaron666 Aspirant (213) May 13, 2009 California
    Trader

Highly unlikely IMO

25. MCMASTERSANCHEZ

MCMASTERSANCHEZ Aspirant (285) Jun 28, 2012 Indiana
    Trader

Tete v15 for OFBB?

26. state08

state08 Initiate (73) Feb 4, 2016 New Jersey

I can't speak for all your ISO's, but I think you'd be able to get several shakes pretty easily for your TH stouts. I know if I currently had some, I'd offer in a heartbeat.

27. RobinRuHood

RobinRuHood Initiate (33) Apr 12, 2018 Michigan
    Trader

I know I'm a day late, but any insight would be help.

I been trying to land a Assissin, for name sake, I doubt it will be worth it.

Space Trace, ISLBS regular, 1 BA ISLBS, CBS, and 1 BDCS for Assassin. How far off am I?

28. dleiner

dleiner Defender (698) Jan 24, 2014 New York
    Trader

I just got a bottle of Bokkereyder Pjassel, I am trying to figure out what the trade value might be, thoughts?

29. Beer_Economicus

Trader

Paging @PSU_Mike . Can you help with this question? I seem to recall that you're deep into the lambic game.

cavedave likes this.
  30. blkhawk14

Trader

please try to limit to specific ISOs

31. dleiner

dleiner Defender (698) Jan 24, 2014 New York
    Trader

I’ve been trying to land some of my bigger lambic wants like the Drie Seasons or A&T, etc. I am just not sure where to start. Seems like Seasons and A&T trade in the $250-300 range. Thanks

32. MCMASTERSANCHEZ

MCMASTERSANCHEZ Aspirant (285) Jun 28, 2012 Indiana
    Trader

Doable? Off? Who would need to add

33. Aetherbulb

Trader

Still short IMO. Most people with an assassin don't want to trade for a bunch of beer. They want a big anchor with a plus. CBS saw regular distribution, so carries no real value. Its a good throw in for a trade like this.

34. Aetherbulb

Trader

VR: Fou + Nath

VR: FS + FOb3

VR: Casey Jammy batch 1 + Atrial

Fair?

35. Beer_Economicus

Trader

Fou + Nath - If someone is looking for these 2, and wanting to try them, it'll get done. probably quick. That said, the value is less than VR IMO, but because they are so uncommon, people will trade "down" slightly to get them. If someone is not especially looking, it'll take a small plus.

FS + FO - Fair, sure, but may or may not get done. You can get a FO or FS easily, so it just depends if someone is looking. May take a plus, or may just take several weeks of posting.

No idea on the Jammy + atrial. That said, with how fruit forward both are supposed to be, unless someone is looking for Jammy B1, or B1 is supposed to be superior to B2, I personally would rather have the most recent release of Jammy and wait for the next release of Atrial (should be soon?). That said, next release of atrial will likely cause depressed values.

36. Beer_Economicus

Trader

I agree.

The only real trade bate there is Space Trace, BA ISLBS, and BDCS. The 1x BA ISLBS and 1x BDCS might equal 1x Space trace or FO, or 1/2 VR. Either way, those 3 put you around a VR total. You need about 50% more (total value) to land one given you're trying to trade bulk. Maybe 25% if you had something desirable, but uncommon, with a lower trade value.

Just my opinion.

37. Beer_Economicus

Trader

Beer for Bourbon is still new on BA, so I think a lot of us are not in the know. I am not. That said, I feel like I've seen posts suggesting OF Birthday Bourbon is around (but more than) VR? I think? Tete V15 is around VR as well (i think). I think you need a plus (especially with the "bourbon tax"), but I could not tell you how large.

MCMASTERSANCHEZ likes this.
  38. blkhawk14

Trader

i would think this is doable for sure but the bourbon tax is dumb so if you want to close fast throw in a SP fruit and should get done

MCMASTERSANCHEZ likes this.
  39. Aetherbulb

Trader

Hill Farmstead IPA would probably go 6-8 for Triple shot. Probably closer to 8.

Floras would be 1:1 depending on the flora. Some you may need to add and some they may need to.

Milkshakes would think would be around 4-6 cans.

Glover likes this.
  40. PSU_Mike

PSU_Mike Crusader (799) Sep 6, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I admittedly don't know much about Bokke. All I know is they are all like one off Cantillon level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.