Trade Value Thread (Q3 2018)

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by blkhawk14, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkhawk14

blkhawk14 Initiate (88) Nov 14, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

Ill open a winter TVT whenever it feels like winter as a new thread. Rules are the same, will bump the guidelines every now and again. Re-structuring based on feedback.
    All are encouraged to participate. Stop lurking start posting if you have questions about relative value of bottles. Hopefully this helps some newbies get a fair shake as well.

The guidelines for this are the following:
    1. Under no circumstances should cash value, offers to exchange cash for beer, offers to exchange beer for cash, offers to exchange cash for prime grade A sirloin or really anything involving cash at all be mentioned. This will lock the thread immediately and you will be shamed. If you have to use a reference, I would recommend the gold standard of RVRU (relative vanilla rye units)
    2. Don't be vague. No one really knows if you're ISO or FT. No beer has a singular value, so asking "what can I get with X?" will result with a million answers. "What does it take to land Y?" Again please help give us an idea of what you have FT or where about you're at to give an idea of locals, etc.
    3. The purpose of this thread is to help users out and introduce some dialogue and conversation into the merits of a particular proposed trade. It is meant to help users new and old and be a bit more dynamic than the "completed trades" section.
    4. Have fun with this!

2. ktr5010

ktr5010 Initiate (73) Dec 12, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

I'm ISO of a Backyard Rye. The completed trades doesn't have anything super helpful in the past year or so. Would a '16 Prop, FOb4, and PW Barrel Aged The Abduction be in range?

3. Aetherbulb

Aetherbulb Initiate (100) Oct 10, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Think you would need to add. Backyard seems to be going up, so you may need a better anchor plus most of the people holding backyard are probably still in the Illinois area and have access to 16 Prop and BA Abduction. Think you would need around 2 FOb3 + another stasis bottle to get it done to give you an idea.

ktr5010 and eppie82 like this.
  4. blkhawk14

Trader

Although backyard sits a little below VR trade-wise its pretty darn close. I don't think you have the anchor to land a backyard with that trade. You'd likely be better off putting up multiple FOb4 and seeing if that has what it takes

ktr5010 and eppie82 like this.
  5. ktr5010

Trader

Thanks for the input!

Thirst_trappist and blkhawk14 like this.
  6. Vitacca

Vitacca Defender (670) Sep 15, 2010 Wisconsin
    Premium Trader

I I traded away a Backyard plus Fuzzy for two West Ashleys a few months ago if that's any help to ya.

7. ktr5010

Trader

Unfortunately no. I had to look up what West Ashleys even were, which in turn means I do not possess them. :wink: Appreciate the feedback.

8. Curedmeatncheese

Curedmeatncheese Initiate (82) Aug 9, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

I just traded my Backyard and a Treehouse Impermanance for 7 bottles from the new EL Catador set. It definitely had a value that’s on the way up.

9. nickfern

nickfern Initiate (77) Oct 17, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

What could I expect as a return for a 3F 2014 DL?

10. blkhawk14

Trader

.20-.25 VR units

11. SouthernSips

SouthernSips Initiate (61) Aug 7, 2018 Mississippi
    Trader

Sorry for the uneducated question, but where does this come from or reference? I did several searches and didn't see anything like that (admittedly not an experienced trader though)?

12. Bum4ever

Bum4ever Devotee (464) Jan 18, 2017 California
    Trader

VR’s secondary price is pretty well known and stable. Since we aren’t suppose to refer to exact dollar amounts, we use VR units. Admittedly if you don’t know VR’s value, it’s tough.

13. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus Devotee (414) Apr 8, 2017 Indiana
    Trader

Vanilla Rye (and hence Vanilla Rye units, or relative Vanilla Rye Units, or RVRU or VRU) is a very well established value bottle. The value changes very little, and is commonly used as a form of currency. Even when not, it is so well established that you can refer back to it to compare values of other items.

You may prefer numeraire in certain disciplines, where values of other items are all pegged to that one, where it is valued at "1," and you can then say another good is valued relative to that good. So if something is worth 2, it is worth 2 times the numeraire.

SouthernSips and nickfern like this.
  14. HOPTOMIC_BOMB

HOPTOMIC_BOMB Aspirant (273) Feb 18, 2014 California
    Trader

Lookin to go after non adjunct midnight still or Antead with some FO. I’m assuming I’d have to add?

15. AyatollahGold

AyatollahGold Crusader (763) Nov 28, 2016 Indiana
    Trader

Would anyone have any idea what the original (I think 2012?) Bo & Luke is going for, as far as VR?

16. SouthernSips

SouthernSips Initiate (61) Aug 7, 2018 Mississippi
    Trader

Thanks for the help! I not remember seeing that somewhere but it meant nothing to me so I didn't realize it. Makes sense now. Cheers!

17. Aetherbulb

Trader

Essentially it goes $4$. Not a whole lot of want for DL even vintages.

nickfern likes this.
  18. Aetherbulb

Trader

Think it may go about .25 VR units. Bo & Luke is an acquired taste, so it isn't super sought after.

AyatollahGold likes this.
  19. Aetherbulb

Trader

FO should be close, maybe need a small plus.

20. AyatollahGold

Trader

This is correct. I didn't close, but had a conversation with someone with a '14 (just as recent as January) and he said he'd be good with an Upland PawPaw (about $25)

21. tgrwillki

tgrwillki Initiate (15) Aug 6, 2018 California
    Trader

Value-wise, am I super crazy for asking for 2 six-packs of Spotted Cow for a bottle of FO?

22. Aetherbulb

Trader

I would think you could get a case, especially since it is in cans. Shipping might be the only issue since it costs more to ship quantity versus one bottle. @blkhawk14 can probably help you out.

Beer_Economicus and tgrwillki like this.
  23. Vitacca

Premium Trader

DM me for Cow.

24. RichardMckeever6

RichardMckeever6 Initiate (49) Jan 18, 2018 Kansas
    Trader

Thoughts on Prop 17 for Weller 12?

25. Thirst_trappist

Thirst_trappist Initiate (187) Jan 18, 2016 Florida
    Trader

What's the correct ratio for for b4 to land jwb sipping yak

26. Aetherbulb

Trader

1:1 with W12 750ml

27. Aetherbulb

Trader

2 Fob4:1 Yak would be my best guess.

Thirst_trappist likes this.
  28. jones7981

jones7981 Initiate (50) Jan 7, 2016 Kansas
    Trader

SP Jammy + OdB b1 for SARA Recency and FP3? I'm on the Jammy side. Is this even at 2:2?

29. AyatollahGold

Trader

I know it prolly depends on which bottle, but just in general on average, where do the Dawgs releases sit? Around 1 VR, or higher?

30. TylerJ

TylerJ Aspirant (263) Apr 10, 2016 Kansas
    Trader

I'd say it's something around 3 FO to 2 Yak. So maybe one FO and a less sought after Stasis bottle would get one.

David55555 and Thirst_trappist like this.
  31. Aetherbulb

Trader

I personally feed like the SARA side needs to add quite a bit, from what i Know about Jammy and Odb.

32. Aetherbulb

Trader

On average they sit close to around 0.3VR units, or a stasis bottle like REN. Some of they would command 0.5VR units or FOB3 level like Stuft or pandjee.

33. dxtxxii

dxtxxii Initiate (32) Dec 1, 2016 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Stuft and Pandjee went 1:1 with VR at their peak some months ago, it's crazy. Hype will probably go up again in a few months when the new dawg bottles come out.

34. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (5,056) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Trader

$200 they just don't want to say it.

And falling...! :money_mouth::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

35. juablu

juablu Initiate (125) Jul 10, 2016 California
    Trader

How many FOb4’s would be fair for a Fou Foune? I’m on the bottle logic side

36. TylerJ

TylerJ Aspirant (263) Apr 10, 2016 Kansas
    Trader

1.5 to 2 FO's or so. Certainly no more than 2.

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  37. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus Devotee (414) Apr 8, 2017 Indiana
    Trader

Value wise it is probably 1.5-1.2 to a Fou, but frequently when trading for lambic there is a "lambic tax." I haven't seen anyone else use this term, but if you are not trading a rare stout for a rare lambic, it seems hard to not have to go over value for lambic. The reason being that regardless of what the value is, there just really is not that much around. It IS difficult to trade for.

So, realistically 2 would get it done instantly, but if you find someone that wants a FO, I would think you would just need a plus they are interested in that is around 0.5 the value of a FO.

38. Vitacca

Premium Trader

Am I off base offering the latest New Glarus R/D's for Beatification. 2:2. Or is this just a "right set of eyes" kinda trade?

AyatollahGold likes this.
  39. KevinJohnson2

KevinJohnson2 Disciple (377) Jul 8, 2013 Michigan
    Premium Trader

I’m looking to land a Cable Car... How big of a plus would I need to add to a ‘16 St Lam?

Thanks for the feedback. Cheers!

-Kevin

BEERschlitz likes this.
  40. efrankmcguire

efrankmcguire Aspirant (296) Nov 22, 2015 Georgia
    Trader

Looking for an updated value for Angry Chair IGCCS. Specifically, what would be the appropriate ration with respect to FOb4?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.