Trade Value Thread (TVT) Quarter 4 2018

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by blkhawk14, Oct 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curedmeatncheese

Curedmeatncheese Initiate (113) Aug 9, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

I think you are pretty damn close. I think it’s a nice offer.

Slack and blkhawk14 like this.
  2. jheimbigner

jheimbigner Crusader (712) Apr 18, 2015 Washington
    Society Trader

Would a BA Dorothy B2 get me to a 2018 MS variant or ADWTD DO?

3. dranthony2012

dranthony2012 Initiate (184) Dec 12, 2013 California
    Trader

Haven’t traded for lambic in awhile and I’m looking for a bottle of Nath. I have bottle logic paisley cave for trade. Since it’s a first time release and was considered to be the best beer by many at week of logic, it’s hard to put a value on it. It could be anywhere as low as FOb4 or as high as FOb3/Number Crunch. Assuming it’s FOb4 or b3 level....what ratio are we looking at? I stopped trading before Nath was released so I’m not so sure how high Nath is trading.

4. putonyourwalkingshoes

putonyourwalkingshoes Devotee (471) Jul 31, 2013 California
    Trader

You wont know until a few weeks after bottles have made their way through circulation. Either way BL has been churning out way too much beer recently and while I agree that this was a great WOL beer, the fact that it has blueberries in it does the trade value a great disservice. I personally loved this more than JTR but ended up not picking up bottles. It's no FO.

5. santig0nzalez

santig0nzalez Initiate (78) Mar 28, 2016 Paraguay
    Trader

I have a Fou 17 to trade,
    Which of this I would be aviable to get with a trade 1:1?
    - MD b4 or b5
    - IGCCS or BAIGCCS
    - Westly
    - IWAAD
    - DDG

6. TylerJ

TylerJ Disciple (340) Apr 10, 2016 Iowa
    Trader

These are my guesses on that:

- MD b4 (Probably, but this batch wasn't very good, you could get 2 Morning Woods which is thinner but much better in flavor) or b5 (Close, but may need a small plus)
    - IGCCS (Yes, maybe even small plus on AC side) or BAIGCCS (No)
    - Westly (No)
    - IWAAD (No)
    - DDG (Yes, assuming 2016)

7. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (8,096) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Holy shit wow! Do not listen to this insanity @santig0nzalez . b4 was excellent, and Morning Wood, while tasty, is a far cry from MDb4 in every regard.

ColomboLQ and santig0nzalez like this.
  8. TylerJ

Trader

I mean it was a good beer for sure. But I tried it side-by-side with 2017 Morning Wood and thought MW was smoother and had better flavor. MW is pretty thin, and TG is always thick AF, but the MW had way more maple. I've also had MD B2 and B5. B2 was the most maple-forward beer I've ever had (after 3 years of aging), but B5 is much closer to that than B4. I also thought B4 was very dark fruit forward where B2 and B5 (and Morning Wood) were more chocolaty which to me, works better with the maple and coffee.

Beer_Economicus and atl_mandm like this.
  9. Sabtos

Society Trader

I mean that's cool and all but you literally said "this batch wasn't very good" which is disingenuous, at the very least. It was very good. How much did you have? A 2oz pour? I've had multiple full bottles and multiple pours on draft, of multiple vintages. b4 was a huge step up from the previous years. It's far from "not very good" and also a completely different beer from Morning Wood. Our palates are personal experiences obviously but MW just doesn't even compare to MD for me, what with it giving off cola elements here and there.

Additionally, most people aren't looking for something with "way more maple" than MD, once it gets to that point it becomes cloyingly artificial tasting, if not blatantly so. Along with the thicker body, the smokiness of MD's maple is what makes it, and there's an insane amount of maple flavor in that as it is.

10. TylerJ

Trader

The MD b4 and the most recent time I had MW (17) were both in bottles and split 3 ways. I guess "not very good" was more in relation to other batches I've had and MW. It is still a very good beer. I've had MW several times and have never gotten that "cola" element you're talking about. And yeah, not everyone is necessarily looking for more maple, and I do agree that the maple smokiness in MD is unique. The bottle of B2 I had was split between me and a friend back in July so we both had basically a full pour. Again, I think what made me like MW more than B4 was the dark fruits in the base in B4. The dark fruit-forward base in this year's Assassin was amazing, but maybe I just didn't like that with the maple and coffee as much as the more chocolaty base in MW (and MD b2).

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  11. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (1,960) Apr 16, 2015 New Hampshire
    Society Trader

How many of these would be needed for a Maman 18?

Aaron B3, Aaron B4, BgE, Florence Puncheon, Arthur Puncheon

12. santig0nzalez

Trader

Thanks for the reply.
    Do you think I can trade Fou17 for MDb4/b5?

13. santig0nzalez

Trader

Thank you!

TylerJ likes this.
  14. Sabtos

Society Trader

Yes aside from his tasting notes I agree with how @TylerJ assessed your FTs against your ISOs

TylerJ and santig0nzalez like this.
  15. David55555

David55555 Initiate (123) Jan 20, 2017 Texas
    Trader

So I'm trying to figure out the value of a '16 Handjee. What's the valuation VR wise?

16. Curedmeatncheese

Curedmeatncheese Initiate (113) Aug 9, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

About 6

TylerJ and David55555 like this.
  17. BFresh84

BFresh84 Initiate (60) Jan 28, 2010 Colorado
    Trader

Looking for value of 10/2015 Pretty Things Babayaga in terms of Cantillon

18. blkhawk14

blkhawk14 Initiate (108) Nov 14, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

is it seriously that high? Dang, was thinking it was closer to 3.5-4

19. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus Defender (623) Apr 8, 2017 Ohio
    Trader

Me too

putonyourwalkingshoes likes this.
  20. David55555

Trader

I would think it would be higher since there are less in the wild now. As time goes by, the most sought after Handjee would only go up in value, right?

TylerJ likes this.
  21. Bum4ever

Bum4ever Defender (604) Jan 18, 2017 California
    Trader

Last time I saw one move it was about 4.5 times a VR.

22. David55555

Trader

How long ago was that?

23. Bum4ever

Trader

About 2 months.

24. dranthony2012

dranthony2012 Initiate (184) Dec 12, 2013 California
    Trader

Ok how about in terms of just FOb4 then....what’s the ratio for a bottle of NATH?

25. MKE_Hopspur

MKE_Hopspur Initiate (64) Mar 15, 2017 Wisconsin
    Trader

I would think this would be 2:1 FOb4 to Nath, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. Someone could argue that Nath may need a small plus, but since you'd be trading up I don't see Nath needing one. Just my 2 cents.

santig0nzalez likes this.
  26. JFresh21

JFresh21 Disciple (331) Mar 6, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

3-4 if you are patient.

David55555 likes this.
  27. odcardinal

odcardinal Aspirant (225) Apr 12, 2015 Florida
    Trader

The issue is there are only a handful left and those holding them have traded for them to drink or are waiting to drink them. So it’s going to take something special for them to trade it.

David55555 likes this.
  28. WIBeerSnob

WIBeerSnob Initiate (148) Jan 31, 2017 Wisconsin
    Trader

Would a FO be comparable to a Black Gold? Trying to get an unbiased opinion. So if you're from California and you say "hell no!!!", don't bother. :grin:

29. blkhawk14

blkhawk14 Initiate (108) Nov 14, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

FOb4? At the rate it's going now I'd say it's closer to 2 FO: 1 BG or 3:2

TylerJ, MKE_Hopspur and colby600 like this.
  30. WIBeerSnob

Trader

Interesting. Good to know.

31. Beer_Economicus

Trader

I'd say that these values may change, so be cautious. I don't think you'll get anyone to bite at 3FO. However, at 2 you will if someone wants it for sure. Buuuut, it seems like BG has been going for the same this value for the past year - so once the new batch gets released (not for a couple weeks, right?), I'd expect BG value to drop at least a little unless this year is just somehow spectacularly better than past years. So, I'd say you maybe could get 2 FO now, but depending on the dip in value after release, you may or may not.

Personally, I don't see 3 FO going for BG at all. That's valuing FO at essentially retail, which seems low to me - even taking into account the recent dips in value. This is just from trade values I've seen. I'm not in tune with other valuations, so value this information how you wish.

32. WIBeerSnob

Trader

Value wise is FOb4 > Roll for Initiative '18? If so, then I imagine 1 BG for those two bottles might be equal value, right?

33. WIBeerSnob

Trader

BG event is this Saturday.

34. WIBeerSnob

Trader

I'll probably just be looking for just one FO. If the value of a BG is higher maybe I can squeeze a Roll for Initiative in there as well? 2:1 BG?

#74 WIBeerSnob, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  35. Beer_Economicus

Trader

As I understand it, and as @putonyourwalkingshoes aluded to previously in this thread (or perhaps it was another...think it was this one) RFI is presently approaching the value of what FOb3 was before B4 came out. So, I suspect you'd be looking at closer to 1:1 with RFI and BG. However, you could probably find someone that would do BG + for RFI+FOb4. Personally, if you want to try both, I'd look for that. The only issue you'd probably have with that is finding someone with RFI. I'm sure plenty still do, but that's obviously the harder of the two to track down.

WIBeerSnob and TylerJ like this.
  36. WIBeerSnob

Trader

Thanks, good to know. I know little of a Bottle Logic other than what I read here. Getting a haul of BG in a few days, I would like to land some FO and maybe some RFI if I can. I just to try something new that's suppose to be really good.

TylerJ and Beer_Economicus like this.
  37. Bum4ever

Trader

RFI definitely trades higher than FOb4. Basically if you had an FOb4 and wanted an RFI you would get crickets. However, if you offered an RFI for the FOb4 it would close in minutes. This is because limits were one less for RFI and it sold out very quickly.

You could easily get FO with a BG. Probably get them to add a plus too. I don’t think you could pull 2 FO, but maybe.

I think RFI would be 1:1 for BG, but RFI isn’t moving so much anymore and so I’m not sure.

Good luck though!

38. TylerJ

Trader

Another hypothetical, so I most likely won't attempt this. What combo of these Bottle Logic things (if any) could mayyybe land a KBBS 16?

Fundamental Forces
    Fundamental Summation
    FO 17
    FO 18
    Resplendent Angel
    Ground State 18
    Reaction State
    Mxyzptlk
    Roll for Initiative
    DSN
    REN
    Staff of Asir

39. UnholyDemon8

UnholyDemon8 Initiate (72) Feb 28, 2017 Missouri
    Trader

all of them could maybe do it. FF + fs is a good start, but usually traders would want bigger bottles since most of those can be gotten much easier. Right set of eyes I guess

TylerJ likes this.
  40. needMIbeer

needMIbeer Crusader (775) Feb 5, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

Only recently began trading for bourbon and looking for some guidance. I’m curious to get opinions on the ability of Prairie Member bottles (releases and sinner barrels) to pull a bottle from the BTAC line or perhaps OFBB.

Would quantity (12+ bottles) be able to pull any of these bourbons?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.