Transient Artisan Ales (2019)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by DragonflyJones, Feb 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HazeBro83

HazeBro83 Initiate (99) Mar 14, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Honest question and I'm not trying to be a dick, but why do you care if a blurb that was published in the newspaper is discussed on this forum? It appears a brewer & business owner broke into an acquaintances' house and was shot. It's at the very least an interesting story.

2. croush

croush Crusader (776) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

I'd agree that this is worthy of discussion, assuming it is the same person. I am hesitant to think that linked blurb is a smoking gun (pardon the pun), but the name, town, and age all seem to match up...so it seems likely. Hopefully it's not him and all is OK.

GuyFawkes likes this.
  3. lloydboss

lloydboss Disciple (302) May 9, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

Yes, they released a special beer for their wedding I believe in June. She also works in the taproom.

4. lloydboss

Trader

I appreciate you sharing the link & you're obviously free to patronize any brewery you'd like for any reason you like. Although he's charged with home invasion he allegedly went to the house of a man, his wife was allegedly inside & that man allegedly shot him.

That doesn't necessarily make me not want to patronize his business. It's not like he allegedly broke into a house like a crackhead to burglarize it. Opinions can obviously change as more facts come out & the wheels of justice turn.

5. whatruDOINdragic

whatruDOINdragic Initiate (154) Aug 22, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Right. Inferring the obvious, it kinda makes me want to patronize it more.

Kraz, lloydboss, AnchorDrops and 2 others like this.
  6. William_Navidson

William_Navidson Aspirant (200) May 1, 2015 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I can definitely see the difference between the scenario in the article and the hypothetical you posed. Personally I think that based on the mere facts in the article -which I realize might change, but I’m fine taking them at face value now- reflect pretty poorly on him nonetheless. That’s why I posted the article and let people come to their own conclusions, instead of posting the article along with a “OWNER INVADED HOME, GUY SHOT. DON’T GO HERE” type of comment.

7. William_Navidson

Trader

Why?

croush likes this.
  8. emerge077

emerge077 Poo-Bah (11,662) Apr 16, 2005 Illinois
    Society Trader

GuyFawkes likes this.
  9. bread_c

bread_c Initiate (82) Feb 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

The Buckley/Bark Lord Day release was 5/19.

7/28 was Smuckley/Prince of Barkness. Given that the article references multiple beers released at Bark Lord Day and neither of the two from 7/28 it's more likely the interview was early June.

Kraz, kbergen28, stevegoz and 4 others like this.
  10. emerge077

emerge077 Poo-Bah (11,662) Apr 16, 2005 Illinois
    Society Trader

So much for being an internet detective. Thanks for the correct info.

Kraz, makdeco and GuyFawkes like this.
  11. Chris_H_2

Chris_H_2 Zealot (531) Jan 3, 2013 Illinois
    Society Trader

C'mon guys, you know the old saying: "Let those among us who haven't started their own brewery, climbed through a window on private property in the middle of the night, got into an altercation in the context of a 'domestic situation,' been shot in the leg, and then been subsequently arraigned on first-degree home-invasion charges cast the first stone."

12. Nbrock24

Nbrock24 Disciple (385) Mar 11, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

I deleted as it’s in bad taste not knowing enough facts

William_Navidson and GuyFawkes like this.
  13. William_Navidson

Trader

Don’t get me wrong I didn’t want to sound too judgmental... it’s in bad taste, but I meant more in the sense that it’s far too obvious as well lol.

Nbrock24 likes this.
  14. mlobster

mlobster Initiate (61) Dec 30, 2012 California
    Trader

On the question of ID, I unfortunately think that the man charged in the home invasion and the brewer at Transient are the same individual based in part on this article.

15. PhilBallins

PhilBallins Aspirant (226) Nov 29, 2016 Illinois

Well hopefully this challenging time in his life will be very... transient.

croush likes this.
  16. Bburns87

Bburns87 Initiate (152) Jun 11, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Lol you honestly care this much about someone getting in an argument about their friend fucking their new wife? I never really understand people who have to proclaim that they won't go to a place they formally enjoyed because someone that owns it did something dumb.

Do you think you will put him out of business? Do you think that others will pat you on the back for not going? Why not just go and enjoy the beer?

17. Bburns87

Trader

I think the only logical conclusion to this is for him to do a collab with the guy who was fucking his wife.

18. William_Navidson

Trader

Once again, I’ll reiterate that I don’t know the whole story. And no, I don’t think this is a huge concern by any means (and my comment doesn’t imply that I thought it was). This thread is filled with petty concerns because, you know, it’s a thread about a brewery. It’s not much, but it’s enough to make me not want to patronize it... and no, I wasn’t looking for a pat on the back, but I wanted to let others know the news in case they felt similarly. I said this in my comment, so I’m a little confused as to why you thought you had to guess at my motives.

And no, as I explained in my comment (did you read it?), I didn’t “formally enjoy” Transient, I was going to check them out in a few weeks when I’m in the area on business. This isn’t global warming, but it’s enough issue to sway me to not make the trip. I think others probably feel similarly.

And to clarify, my issue is more with the “home invasion” part than it is with the “getting into an argument” part, as you very accurately characterized it. Thanks for your thoughts...

19. AnchorDrops

AnchorDrops Aspirant (246) May 11, 2013 Michigan

Since "Home Invasion" is a felony, would this potentially have implications relating to the licensing of the brewery with the state, if there is a conviction?

20. ClarkstonMark

ClarkstonMark Initiate (87) Feb 21, 2016 Michigan
    Trader

he can just put it in his wife's name :slight_smile:

21. ClarkstonMark

ClarkstonMark Initiate (87) Feb 21, 2016 Michigan
    Trader

I am sorta curious how a guy from PA who was only planning a visit came across that article you linked yesterday.
    Did you see it on another beer site or what?

lloydboss and GuyFawkes like this.
  22. William_Navidson

Trader

Glad that this is worthy of public discussion now :wink: ...

Kraz, BLA1R and GuyFawkes like this.
  23. William_Navidson

Trader

Yes!

24. lloydboss

Trader

This is just screaming for a Mikerphone collab & an homage to side 2 of Abbey Road. He Came In Through the Bathroom Window.......

25. GuyFawkes

GuyFawkes Poo-Bah (4,583) Apr 7, 2011 Illinois
    Society Trader

I am finding the restraint showed by @HouseofWortship seriously impressive...

26. AnchorDrops

Since the topic clearly isn't going away, I thought I would pose a legitimate question related to the brewery operation.

William_Navidson likes this.
  27. HouseofWortship

HouseofWortship Crusader (798) May 3, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Not a fan of Transient hops and don't drink enough stouts to justify purchasing Transients tasty options so I don't even bother with this thread, but no ill will is wished.

28. GuyFawkes

Society Trader

I have a vague memory of you & the Transient guy tangling on here...it may be that I'm now dreaming of the BA board?

Pardon me whilst I try to get my life back on track...

jaysker95 and dukeandduke like this.
  29. Kraz

Kraz Initiate (122) Feb 12, 2018 Indiana
    Trader

Hey Guys

Crunchable is back!

AnchorDrops and GuyFawkes like this.
  30. Bburns87

Trader

He does a background check on the owner of any brewery he is going to.

31. FleskBrewFan

FleskBrewFan Initiate (113) Aug 4, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

“Just a flesh wound” or “‘Tis but a scratch”

HazeBro83 and GuyFawkes like this.
  32. Nbrock24

Nbrock24 Disciple (385) Mar 11, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

I can’t speak to that, but it isn’t hard to imagine the ownership of the brewery potentially being at risk from multiple angles (based on the speculation so far)

HouseofWortship likes this.
  33. William_Navidson

Trader

That’s just the start, I also camp out at breweries a week before entering to listen to police dispatch on my scanner.

34. HouseofWortship

HouseofWortship Crusader (798) May 3, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Or Pat Benatar- "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"

35. Gunslinger711

Gunslinger711 Initiate (191) Apr 16, 2010 Indiana

Has Mr Home Invasion himself tangled with folks on the BA forums? I must know where this is at...for research purposes of course.

36. GuyFawkes

Society Trader

37. Gunslinger711

Gunslinger711 Initiate (191) Apr 16, 2010 Indiana

dukeandduke likes this.
  38. Kraz

Kraz Initiate (122) Feb 12, 2018 Indiana
    Trader

Has anyone been up there this weekend or headed today? I want to make the drive for cans for Labor Day but I have no idea what’s available. The once a month updated page on their site is offline

39. core42

core42 Zealot (539) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

Facebook is the only decent way to keep up & even that is hit or miss. If it has been released in the last month & isn't a stout then it is still available because even The Juice is Loose takes a month or so to sell out now

Nbrock24 likes this.
  40. AnchorDrops

Facebook has regular updates. In fact there was a post today indicating a can release. I have found in the past they also respond well to FB messenger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.