Transient Artisan Ales (2020)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by CityFarmer, May 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CityFarmer

CityFarmer Zealot (673) Mar 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Been off the boards for most of the lockdown period, curious if there’s been any info about 2020 Buckley release and BA bottles? Need more kentuckley in my life! Apologize if there’s already a thread on this, couldn’t find one.

2. bread_c

bread_c Pundit (868) Feb 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Not sure if anyone even made a 2020 Transient thread. The Buckley release has been delayed, don't think they've given any indication of when it would be.

3. Rkitchen

Rkitchen Pundit (824) Feb 18, 2017 Michigan
    Trader

First variant has been bottled and going up for members today. Sounds like public online release will be 6pm Friday. Couple different BA No Cakes coming out along with this.

QUARANTUCKLEY: Imperial Stout with Violet Sky Cocoa, Marshmallow, Vanilla, Corn Flakes, Milk Sugar, Cinnamon, Maple Syrup 13.5% Limit TBD

When I was there last weekend, sounded like they hadn’t bottled the other Buckley day beers yet and were understandably unsure when a Buckley day might happen. If restrictions start to ease more, maybe a fall festival is possible with the release, but if I had to bet, I’d say unknowns are too great to plan a beer party and we’ll see an online release this summer.

DragonflyJones likes this.
  4. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Pooh-Bah (1,776) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

They should probably add a couple more adjuncts...for science.

5. DragonflyJones

DragonflyJones Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2018 Illinois

Saw the presale starts tomorrow for 3 BA, and Kentuckley isn't one of them :slight_frown:

6. bread_c

bread_c Pundit (868) Feb 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

If there’s a Kentuckley this year it’ll probably be whenever they actually do Buckley Day

Edit: also only 2 BA beers, Quarantuckley isn’t BA

DragonflyJones likes this.
  7. jmarkh

jmarkh Crusader (402) Jan 12, 2013 Michigan
    Trader

In one of the member emails, they said that they still want to do a Buckley Day party and are holding off on releasing them until they can figure out how and when they may be able to do it.

8. Ferocious

Ferocious Pundit (840) Nov 17, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

There's no other Transient threads for 2020, so I'll use this thread to say this: Can I Borrow A Filling is the balls. Probably my favorite pastry stout so far this year.

9. ClarkstonMark

ClarkstonMark Crusader (491) Feb 21, 2016 Michigan
    Trader

Not Buckley, but I ordered (and it is still available) some BA stouts made with Phase 3 Shaun.
    Our 3 bottle Phase Three collaboration set of Breakfast Sauce #1, #2, and #3 will go live at 6 PM EST in our online store ONLY. They will not be stocked on the shelf in our taproom.
    https://transient-artisan-ales.square.site/shop/reserved-stout-release/14
    BA BREAKFAST SAUCE #1: Imperial oatmeal stout with vanilla, Tugboat coffee, black tea, cinnamon, and chai spices aged in Parker Heritage rye whiskey barrels and Blis maple syrup bourbon barrels, 13.5%
    BA BREAKFAST SAUCE #2: Imperial oatmeal stout with vanilla, Tugboat coffee, and hazelnuts aged in Parker Heritage rye whiskey barrels and Blis maple syrup bourbon barrels, 13.5%
    BA BREAKFAST SAUCE #3: Imperial oatmeal stout with vanilla, Violet Sky cocoa nibs, cinnamon, ancho and guajillo chilies aged in Tequila and Henry McKenna bourbon barrels, 13.5%
    -One set per person, $65/set
    -Additional bottles of #1 are also available, $21, limit 1
    -PICK UP WINDOW: Wednesday July 8 to Friday July 24 [This is a one day extension from our previous post]

10. ClarkstonMark

Trader

Buckley and variants now on sale.
    2 available packages (can buy one of each).

Set One: 1 each Buckley, Kentuckley, Bring the Ruckley, Bark Lord, Canuckley ($92)
    Set Two: 2 Buckley, 2 Kentuckley, 1 Bark Lord, 2 Canuckley ($126)

11. JoeSpartan22

JoeSpartan22 Devotee (302) Apr 23, 2017 Illinois

Much obliged! Still available as of 10 minutes ago.

12. TonyLuvsBeer

TonyLuvsBeer Pundit (816) Mar 28, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

Got Set 2. Easy peasy.

13. BillMueller

BillMueller Zealot (534) Nov 27, 2011 Indiana
    Trader

I think these are still available fwiw

mbockstruck30 likes this.
  14. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Pooh-Bah (1,776) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Online beer sales are the single greatest positive to come from this pandemic. This is the first time I’m getting Buckley bottles (mainly because I’m not waiting in line for them). I happen to be camping in SW Michigan next week, so timing was perfect!

15. JohnnyHopps

JohnnyHopps Grand Pooh-Bah (3,036) Jun 15, 2010 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

This.

And I hope things never change back, lines suck. ... Lines at Transient go around the building, under the railroad tracks, and through middle Earth. Avoiding that fate is a Godsend.

16. Zorak2

Zorak2 Devotee (329) Nov 5, 2016 Michigan

Same here! I just happen to be on this side of the state next week for a wedding and with the online orders and month long pickup window, I can easily swoop in to pick them up at my convenience. Otherwise I would never spend over half my weekend to drive across the state to wait in line and hope to get something.

They also must have made a ton this year if it is still available. My liqour store in Livonia even got a keg of Buckley this week for crowler and growler fills.

GuyFawkes and mbockstruck30 like this.
  17. GuyFawkes

GuyFawkes Grand Pooh-Bah (5,364) Apr 7, 2011 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm not really a Transient fan in particular, but overall I'm getting way more "hard to get" beer than I was before, since sitting in a line on at 6am on a Saturday morning getting 1 oz pours of "whalez" isn't my idea of a fun weekend.

Now I just have to give a shit enough to be on-line for 2 minutes when tickets go on sale. If I score, great! If not, I move on.

This pandemic sucks in about a million ways, but I hope some of the positive business models (to me, at least) stick around for the long haul.

18. Wolvmar

Wolvmar Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

any chance you can let us know the store? And, if you know, do they have any left?

19. Wolvmar

Wolvmar Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Not Transient related but a couple of great growler fills Available now are Quad Barrel Hipster Brunch Stout and No Rules (2020) at Barrels & Vines on Woodward in Royal Oak.

GuyFawkes likes this.
  20. ClarkstonMark

Trader

I picked up my Buckley yesterday (nice that the 2 packages made 12 bottles that fit perfectly in the boxes). After hearing stories of the long long pickup lines at Transient for some releases, this Buckley release was just awesome.
    I arrived at 12:57, walked in at 1:00, and was in my car at 1:03PM.

Unfortunately I couldn't stick around as it was an amazing day to be outside drinking, and the tap list was pretty killer. I think most if not all the Buckleys were/are on tap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.