Transportation around Ebenezer's Pub

Discussion in 'New England' started by AlcahueteJ, Mar 20, 2017.

1. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ Defender (637) Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts

This is a long shot, but I'm attending a bachelor party in Parsonsfield, ME and we were wondering if there was anyway to order a shuttle bus of some sort to transport us back and forth to Ebenezer's for dinner.

I figure the answer is likely, "hahaha...no", but figured I'd ask.

Thanks in advance.

2. duchessedubourg

duchessedubourg Aspirant (233) Nov 2, 2007 Vermont
    Beer Trader

Contact the Maine Brew Bus out of Portland - they may do a custom shuttle for you. No cell service around Eb's = no Uber service.

AlcahueteJ likes this.
  3. dantonbrown

dantonbrown Initiate (186) Feb 24, 2011 Maine
    Beer Trader

Googling around the only taxi service I could find with the type of vehicle you're looking for is FastTaxi in North Conway, NH. Worth giving them a jingle.

AlcahueteJ likes this.
  4. AlcahueteJ

Thanks for the suggestions, I also found some limo services near Portland (further than N. Conway) for bachelor parties. Might try to obtain a quote from them too just to see how much it would be, or if they'll do it.

5. Seacoastbrewer

Seacoastbrewer Aspirant (212) Jun 5, 2012 New Hampshire

That's a long haul from Portland, I can't imagine what that would cost, not to mention you'll need them to hang while you spend time at Eb's. Might be easier to just move the bachelor party?

Also, you going to Nerax in a couple weeks?

6. AlcahueteJ

Well, their service has pick up locations, round trip times...so I'd have to see how far they travel. They mention extra cost if it's not near them, so maybe they'll go that far, who knows. And their minimum is two hours, so they'd likely wait. They do proms so I assume they have to wait until the prom is over.

Yup, definitely going to NERAX, Saturday day session. You?

7. brewandbbq

brewandbbq Poo-Bah (2,240) Apr 24, 2003 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

Not sure if this gentleman is still offering rides.
    [​IMG]

eaglephile, MyIronLung and jhavs like this.
  8. Seacoastbrewer

Seacoastbrewer Aspirant (212) Jun 5, 2012 New Hampshire

Yeah I'm aiming for the Saturday day session as well.

9. LukieBL

LukieBL Initiate (174) Jun 10, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Why in gods name are you having a bachelor party in Parsonsfield Maine?

10. Leebo

Leebo Initiate (136) Feb 7, 2013 Massachusetts

Rent a van, get a driver?

11. AlcahueteJ

Awesome, shoot me a PM next week, I'll be with a small crew of people.

Well, I'm not, I'm just going. That's where the wedding is, the bachelor party will be in the area, starting in Portsmouth, NH for lunch, then migrating out that way for paint ball, and then dinner.

If we have to, we can have two or three drivers. That would really suck for them though, especially considering most haven't been to Ebenezer's. Not that you need to get hammered, but if you've never been there, you probably want more than one Belgian treat and shouldn't be driving.

12. MyIronLung

MyIronLung Aspirant (259) Oct 28, 2011 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Get a friend to DD.

Leebo likes this.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.