Travel snifters?

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by Curb71, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curb71

Curb71 Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2012 California

For all the different events and shares and hotel rooms I always find myself bringing at least a couple snifters but since they are glass they are not the easiest to transport. I put each one in a thick sock and then in a small box with some packing materials and leave that in my truck. Anybody else have "travel glassware" or a better way of doing it? Nothing worse than bringing a few great beers to a friends house and he pulls out the giant beer mugs or plastic cups. lol

NeroFiddled likes this.
  2. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (2,908) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

Curb71 likes this.
  3. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2009 New York

twice i have ordered a case of mini snifters from elysian (those pumpkin minis are the best) so i use the case boxes when going to tastings and bringing a lot of glasses. if traveling with just one or two, i use the cases that the utopias glasses came in. mini snifters fit in those nicely (1 per).

mythaeus and Curb71 like this.
  4. AlexM

AlexM Zealot (539) Jun 9, 2011 California
    Trader

I picked up a 4-pack of Govino wine glasses at Total Wine for $12 ... they are AWESOME ... already used a few times for camping and they will accompany me on all future travels ... highly recommend -> http://govinowine.com/

Vondiggity and sharpski like this.
  5. Curb71

You just keep them in the box you bought them in?

6. Curb71

I went a little overboard and basically bought a $25 case to protect a $2 snifter :stuck_out_tongue:

Pelican 1150

64vdub, Jwale73, PapaGoose03 and 2 others like this.
  7. imamutant

imamutant Initiate (0) Apr 6, 2014 Texas

Did you cut the inserts yourself? That's legit cool and hilarious to me at the same time. $25 seems like a good deal for something that looks that high quality.

Curb71 likes this.
  8. Curb71

It's Pelican's patent foam called "Pick N Pluck". It was worth it to me cause everything I put them in before wouldn't last like a box getting wet from cleaning them and not drying them out perfectly or wouldn't keep them from breaking if I pack them in let's say, luggage.

Jwale73 and imamutant like this.
  9. AlexM

AlexM Zealot (539) Jun 9, 2011 California
    Trader

When I travel it's usually alone so I just need one of the glasses and it get's thrown into my carry-on bag in a zip lock bag.

Curb71 likes this.
  10. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Defender (612) May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Trader

I have a bunch of cheap, disposable snifters. They are called Dixie cups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.