Tree House Brewing Co. (August 2015)

Discussion in 'New England' started by MarkJC1018, Aug 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SenorQuesadilla

SenorQuesadilla Initiate (77) Jul 18, 2014 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

How about that whole "currently turning over their entire capacity in a few days without having to worry about people drinking too much on property" angle?

Brian_Burke likes this.
  2. skleice

skleice Aspirant (232) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I heard they are building a tasting room across from the brewery to the left of the koi pond. I don't know how involved it will be, but they've definitely shown that they are investing $$$ into their product, as well as the Tree House experience. These guys seem to do everything right IMO.

Belimo3102 and Ken_P like this.
  3. MartyMarrr

MartyMarrr Initiate (91) Nov 29, 2014 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Mass has crazy liquor laws. Like no happy hour because it promotes binge drinking. Not that has anything to do with treehouse. But they HAVE to have food available the moment any liquor or beer is sold on premise, they can't just get a permit to sell draft beers and not have food. It's all logistics and I'm sure that's the eventual plan and it'd be sweet but it's gonna take a while

4. Brian_Burke

Brian_Burke Aspirant (239) Feb 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I'm not sure that is true. If you are a "Farmer Brewer" with a taproom, no food is required. Jack's Abby has a pouring license and no food (in their current location, that's about to change).

ppoitras, Rysk22 and BAMF like this.
  5. jomobono

jomobono Aspirant (247) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Correct, Medusa in Hudson has a tap room and they do not offer any food except for a pretzel.

bruindre and CTJman like this.
  6. CTJman

CTJman Crusader (799) Jan 14, 2013 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I like pretzels

bruindre, Hiwattowner and jomobono like this.
  7. BAMF

BAMF Initiate (170) Jul 11, 2007 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

[​IMG]

8. jomobono

jomobono Aspirant (247) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

No you gotta do it like this.
    [​IMG]

9. abagofit

abagofit Aspirant (236) Oct 31, 2014 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Harpoon taproom also just sells pretzels

jomobono likes this.
  10. Ken_P

Ken_P Devotee (433) Dec 31, 2013 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Didn't I hear tell of wood fired pizzas coming to Tree House? Pretty sure that was mentioned in the expansion blog post last year.

11. CTJman

CTJman Crusader (799) Jan 14, 2013 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Thats it! We need Pretzels

12. adventurtons

adventurtons Initiate (39) May 30, 2015 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

They are adding capacity as evidenced by the giant tank outside. I have the feeling if they follow a similar model to Bissell Brothers they will be fine. Laws are different in Maine but BB has a casual atmosphere, food available and cans available every day.

13. dmolz

dmolz Aspirant (203) Dec 2, 2014 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

150+ in line already. 3 growler limit.

Evmo31 likes this.
  14. SteveCarrozza

SteveCarrozza Disciple (377) Aug 19, 2014 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

Over/under 500 people tonight?

15. jweave16

jweave16 Disciple (330) Jul 31, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

Can they serve 500 people in 3 hours is the question?

16. skleice

Beer Trader

Holy shit?!?!

17. Evmo31

Evmo31 Aspirant (263) Feb 3, 2015 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Not in three hours. i bet they could push 500 people through the growler line tonight at 3pp. But they would be filling growlers way past 8. Might be a new record for busiest day at treehouse, 500 through the growler line is a huge number, my guess is it will be closer to 400, but who knows! I might have to go find out for myself.

Ken_P likes this.
  18. Evmo31

Beer Trader

Twitter update:

@TreeHouseBrewCo: 204 cards passed in. Serving #100 at the moment. For wait guesses - we filled ~100 orders in 50-55 minutes

19. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Disciple (311) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Holy crap... is this madness for Julius or Good Morning?

20. skleice

Beer Trader

I wonder what will be added for growlers. My uniformed guess is for a Curiosity tomorrow. But, who knows....it still says "more to come".

21. skleice

Beer Trader

Both

22. SteveCarrozza

SteveCarrozza Disciple (377) Aug 19, 2014 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

Julius down to 200 cases. Started at 330 so in less than an hour and a half they went through 130 cases. At 6 pp that's a MINIMUM of 520 people. Dean and the crew is doing work!!!

23. dmolz

dmolz Aspirant (203) Dec 2, 2014 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

they were flying. I was 144 and out round 6. cards were over 300 before I left. I'd say 530 pm give or take. so they could make 500. hats off to them tho during the madness. side note I saw least a dozen or more get just good morning for growlers. maniacs lol.

24. Evmo31

Beer Trader

Yep, looks like they will. Over 430 cards in now.

25. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (352) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

They are filling the 280s now. Slips in the 450s

26. MA_hops

MA_hops Aspirant (287) May 18, 2015 Vermont
    Beer Trader

I had Good Morning last Thursday…it was a glorious beer, but my favorite TH stout is still Double Shot w/ Sumatra. Anyways, thanks for the line # count guys, i'll just wait for Good Morning next year…the parking lot must be a mess?

27. Gunboat82

Gunboat82 Aspirant (202) Jul 3, 2012 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I want to shoot myself for driving here.

CTJman, patrickcmcd, BigHoppy and 3 others like this.
  28. HugeBulge

HugeBulge Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2012 New York
    Beer Trader

Today was my first time there for growlers. I got there around 330 and was out by 520. Thought they did an excellent job with the crowd.

jomobono and dmolz like this.
  29. cbutova

cbutova Poo-Bah (3,497) Oct 10, 2008 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Yea. I got my cans at around 7:30 and ran away as fast as possible. I think it was when order 280 was filled and the pile of new slips looked to be the size of Moby Dick. Get some Good Morning next time around. I live reasonably less than 45 minutes away so at least its not a huge deal.

30. skleice

Beer Trader

2 hours for me. Cool to run into friends to make the wait easier.

31. patrickcmcd

patrickcmcd Initiate (96) Dec 25, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Showed a bit past 7 for cans...wow. But this Alter Ego is excellent.

32. Hophead717

Hophead717 Zealot (579) Oct 21, 2011 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

So much for getting cans around 2pm on Saturday. Oh well. Maybe next week.

33. RichD

RichD Champion (821) Mar 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

Showed up at around 3:45 and was not expecting to be number 150 in line. Even when King Julius and Julius were on a few months back, I was only in the 80s when I showed up at the same time.

The crew at Tree House is top notch as always. They decided it was best to open early at 4 and continued to churn out growlers fills at crazy speeds.

Crazy what the hype machine has done to this brewery though.

dmolz likes this.
  34. mcd432

mcd432 Initiate (147) Jul 23, 2015 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Curious to hear what the average wait was? I know the gang at TH are busting their asses trying to appease the masses and I am not trying to down their sales approach but it seems like alot of time needs to be invested in exchange for a 6 can PP return.

35. Shwilly_Vanilli

Shwilly_Vanilli Aspirant (213) Dec 20, 2013 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

The can line is always quick and efficient. Maybe 20 min on the busiest days. Well worth Julius and Alter Ego.

The Treehouse crew were phenomenal tonight. Responded to the massive turnout by opening their doors at 4:10. I was #87 and had my growlers filled by 5:05. Every time, these guys over-deliver on their beer, and their customer service. Great experience tonight.

skleice and jomobono like this.
  36. skleice

Beer Trader

Got my cans in 5 mins at 7:00.

37. mcd432

mcd432 Initiate (147) Jul 23, 2015 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Hope is now returning. Heading up there next month for a wedding and was really starting to rethink even entertaining stopping by... Though I would like to try their beer.

38. ppoitras

ppoitras Poo-Bah (3,725) Jan 15, 2004 Massachusetts

So I wonder if the planned expansion of hours to Wednesdays would be just cans. That would be so slick considering how in-and-out easy these random Wednesdays have gone. I worry that a full-service (including growlers) Wednesday would just become the new Thursday...

39. Mr2Saint

Mr2Saint Initiate (0) Feb 10, 2015 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

"Whoa. You all humble us! 144 cases of Alter left. 122 cases of Julius. Still a bunch of GM. More info tomorrow. For now we sleep.. thank you!" - Tree House BrewingCo Twitter - 10:51PM ET

40. PeteKuncis

PeteKuncis Initiate (42) Dec 6, 2014 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I got there at 6:20. Filled out slip. I was #363 (holy crap!). I think they were filling #150's at that time. Got through can line in about 3 minutes. Went off for some shopping and a bite to eat. Got my growlers back at 8:30. Good job lowering the limit to 3 growler fills. Whole thing was flawless. World class production they've got going on. I do think they need to make another door so you can get to the cans easier than walking through the growler chaos though.

ajcuster89, ppoitras and bruindre like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.