Tree House Brewing Co. (February 2016)

Discussion in 'New England' started by Dsteyer27, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dsteyer27

Dsteyer27 Initiate (77) Dec 14, 2015 New York
    Trader

I'm planning on going to tree house this week but I can't find any info on what cans they have available.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New month new thread

Always check http://treehousebrew.com/on-tap/ for whats available

CURRENT REGULAR HOURS: Wednesday from 12-6 PM for Can Sales Only. Growlers & Can sales Thurs. & Fri 5-8 PM & Saturday Growlers & Can sales from 11 AM - 6 PM.
    *** IF TURNOUT IS SUBSTANTIAL THE TOTAL BOTTLE LIMIT COULD BE REDUCED TO 2 to 4 GROWLERS PP TO EXPEDITE THE FILLS **
    New Glass 750 ML - $5 | 2L - $6
    **CAN LIMITS POSTED ARE PER PERSON, PER DAY**

For this week:
    3 Canning run this week
    SPECIAL HOURS THIS WEEK January 31st - February 6th: Open Wednesday from 12-6 PM for Can Sales Only. Growlers & Can sales Thursday and Friday from 3 - 8 PM. We will be closed Saturday.
    Info courtesy of @BAMF

#1 Dsteyer27, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
    NiceBeerCans likes this.
  2. Sweatshirt

Sweatshirt Disciple (328) Jan 27, 2014 New Hampshire
    Deactivated

Changes every week. Show up and be happy with what they have.

David_CT, DZachariah and HeyHayward like this.
  3. Ultra-Plinian

Ultra-Plinian Disciple (307) Mar 1, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

Check theit website the day before you go. They don't let you know until about 24 hours before.

4. Dsteyer27

Dsteyer27 Initiate (77) Dec 14, 2015 New York
    Trader

Any idea on the wait times are like during the week?

5. BAMF

BAMF Initiate (122) Jul 11, 2007 Massachusetts

Sheppard likes this.
  6. Scottp123

Scottp123 Initiate (29) Nov 14, 2014 Connecticut
    Trader

You won't know till Wednesday. Then they update their website how much they have left at the end of the day. I've gone on a Friday at 5 and was there for 20 mins and have gone on a Wednesday at 12 and was there for 45 mins with just julius cans available. It's hit or miss.

7. AshlandNacho

AshlandNacho Initiate (167) Apr 14, 2013 Massachusetts

Ohhhh you're a week too late. AB InBev bought them over the weekend and now that location is the local production facility for Post Road Pumpkin Ale only. Have fun though!!!

8. BAMF

BAMF Initiate (122) Jul 11, 2007 Massachusetts

Can't wait for beechwood aged Julius.

edward_boumil likes this.
  9. Jmr85

Jmr85 Aspirant (278) Nov 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

What are we thinking here boys? Another curiosity? Ma? Dr.j?

10. JGLittle

JGLittle Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2012 Massachusetts

Seems like Alter Ego and Lights on would be up in the normal rotation... but this isn't a normal week.

11. Jmr85

Trader

Anyone remember when they brewed east hill? I'd love for them to brew that again and can it......one of my all time favs

Tylerhurlburt likes this.
  12. jomobono

jomobono Aspirant (259) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

April 2014

Tylerhurlburt likes this.
  13. skleice

skleice Aspirant (286) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

I would be sad to see MA on the list because I plan to stay very far away from TH this week and it's one of my favorites. I don't think it ranks highly to the masses though, so I wouldn't expect to see it during EBF week.

14. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (369) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

I'm getting the sense that people are expecting a lot this week and will be disappointed if something big doesn't get released. Pretty unfair to the TH crew in my opinion.

happyreefer likes this.
  15. NYMike0802

NYMike0802 Initiate (0) Sep 30, 2015 New York

there will always be people who feel entitled. If TH drops their "normal stuff" people won't stop coming lol. TH is a top 5 brewery IMO, they won't be strapping for customers.

16. Jmr85

Trader

I'm just trying to spark some conversation has to what people think treehouse will can this week. Regardless of what they brew I will be there because my beer fridge is almost empty (couple sap cans left).

17. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Initiate (65) Sep 4, 2014 Connecticut

Not my favorite Tree House beer but they will can Julius for all those traveling and hoping(expecting) for it.

Rysk22 likes this.
  18. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Initiate (65) Sep 4, 2014 Connecticut

Otherwise it would be like going to a concert and the band doesn't play their biggest hit. As business owners they probably have no choice. The bigger question besides cans will be if they silently release Good Morning.

happyreefer likes this.
  19. NYMike0802

WOW. No more GM at EBF!

• Give Me Truth
    • Doppleganger
    • King Julius
    • Triple Shot
    • Vanilla Bean Triple Shot

Edit: I think even with the exclusion of GM, I am more excited about Triple Shot than anything!

20. jomobono

jomobono Aspirant (259) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

21. mrl491

mrl491 Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2015 New Hampshire

Maybe I'm just naive but I don't get why they need to actually factor EBF into any of their decisions. They brew whatever they want to brew and sell out of everything no matter what, why should this week be any different? If anything, they're trying to avoid any EBF crazyness by closing on Saturday.

22. Jmr85

Trader

Vanilla Bean triple shot!!!!!(mouth watering)

23. troupos40

troupos40 Aspirant (203) Aug 12, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

My guess is that this week will be Green, Julius, and Lights On for cans, maybe something small batch for growler fills, but I think if anything, they would release something big next week if it's left over from EBF, and when all the hype has died down, but just a guess

24. dbphoto04

dbphoto04 Initiate (32) Nov 22, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

sad to see good morning off the list, but holy crap that Give me Truth is gonna be nuts! and the Vanilla Bean Triple Shot!!

25. purephase

purephase Initiate (151) Feb 23, 2008 Connecticut
    Trader

That might be the case given their current situation, but I don't think that's how they've done it before. I believe two years ago Juice Machine and Double Shot were both available the same week as EBF, as was Good Morning last year.

26. manbrick

manbrick Initiate (35) Nov 12, 2014 New York

Could GM off the EBF list mean that it's on for growler fills only?

NYMike0802 likes this.
  27. mrl491

Huh? If a batch of Good Morning was ready for packaging this week you better believe they would have it on tap at EBF. I don't know why they would tease it and then take it away for only the brewery.

28. Shwilly_Vanilli

Shwilly_Vanilli Initiate (156) Dec 20, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

I highly doubt it. I'm sure GM was what they intended to brew for EBF. For whatever reason - perhaps availability of local maple syrup - it didn't get made. I'd be shocked if they pulled GM off for EBF just to hold it back for the taproom. That updated Treehouse EBF list looks spectacular anyway.

29. mrl491

I'm fortunate to have had tried GM in the past so I'm actually happier about this. GM is amazing but it's just a beer and I'm looking forward to trying some new ones.

Having said that, I could understand some disappointment from someone who has never tried it and is possibly even flying out to EBF and had it on their must-try list.

30. manbrick

manbrick Initiate (35) Nov 12, 2014 New York

Haha yeah, I just can't think of why they would scratch it like that at the last moment. Maybe the triple shot was supposed to be on for fills, GM for EBF, and pulled a last minute switch? Who knows...

31. dans1055

dans1055 Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2015 Massachusetts

Regardless of what's available you will not be disappointed. Everything I've ever had from them is delicious.

32. NYMike0802

one can only hope. that or it just wasn't ready yet.

33. IPAkindaguy

IPAkindaguy Aspirant (242) Aug 20, 2010 Florida

I would go to EBF just for Give Me Truth. Sounds amazing. If that was ever put on at the brewery the line would be days long.

mjord23 likes this.
  34. mjord23

mjord23 Initiate (133) Jan 3, 2011 Connecticut

You might even be understating the line there...

35. CD00

CD00 Initiate (0) May 30, 2013 Massachusetts

Anyone have ideas on how long an unopened growler from Tree House lasts? I got a few last week and then immediately came down with a cold the next day, and it's dragging on. I'm trying to balance my currently diminished taste buds with when the beer will start to fade in quality to pick an optimal drinking day...

36. Jmr85

Trader

They will last a few weeks no problem

CD00 likes this.
  37. troupos40

troupos40 Aspirant (203) Aug 12, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

Green cans tomorrow, 6 PP

38. rm3

rm3 Initiate (98) Mar 26, 2015 Pennsylvania
    Trader

depends on beer, size of growler and temp subjected to. they've tweeted in response to this question 10-14 days their beers start to fall off. Ive had a 3 week old green 2L that was perfect but a month old double shot 750 that was less than optimal.

CD00 likes this.
  39. JoeB51982

JoeB51982 Initiate (185) Jan 10, 2008 Rhode Island

I wonder why the limit on Green cans for Wednesday is 6 PP... I believe it was 8 PP last week with the same amount of cases available. Possibly a change to accommodate the EBF crowds for Thursday and Friday?

40. chewy527

chewy527 Initiate (56) Apr 1, 2014 Connecticut

I'm guessing they want cans to last until Friday. They will sell out regardless, so why not spread it out? Probably 6 cans of something else tomorrow too (Julius is my guess)

taylordane and colby600 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.