Dismiss Notice
We're bringing our Belgian Beer Fest back to Boston June 22nd & 23rd!

Learn More

Tree House Brewing Co. (November 2015)

Discussion in 'New England' started by eb1610, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skleice

skleice Aspirant (226) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Got there at 12:20 and there were 100+ in line. They opened at 1:50 and I was in my car at 2:15. Line went through parking lot, up driveway and down the street. Cars down both sides of road for quite a ways. First people in line said they got there at 8:30! Very happy with my 30 cans, but would not want to be there now with that line and quantities rapidly dropping.
  2. JJGittes

JJGittes Initiate (15) Aug 17, 2015 Connecticut

Thanks for the answers on aging Green. That's what I have found as well, but I was a little confused by wording.
  3. BAMF

BAMF Initiate (170) Jul 11, 2007 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

God I love Haze.
    skleice, Tbub18 and colby600 like this.
  4. pattyp82

pattyp82 Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2015 New York
    Beer Trader

Hey yall, going to Treehouse for the first time Friday. I saw the wait was an hour and a half today, is that the norm at open?
  5. BAMF

BAMF Initiate (170) Jul 11, 2007 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I don't know, looks as though between 7 and 8 you could just walk in and grab a case and growlers with no wait. Kind of wish I had waited.
  6. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Aspirant (296) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

true story
  7. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Aspirant (296) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

all bets are off this week.

typically, Fridays are mellower than Thursdays but with so many people having this Friday off, it's anyone's guess. There will still be Julius, both in cans and for fills, and it's always nutty when that dude's around. The leftovers of Green and Haze in cans, as well as a pretty deep line-up for growlers, will make this Friday a wild card.

I'd still go! Defintely go! If you went after 6, you could be out in a matter of 10 minutes or so with cans (though you'd risk some cans running out. check the site for qtys on hand). A bit longer if you want fills. If you show up at 4, then get out by 5:30, it'll probably be 90 minutes...but it's an easy 90 minutes. (ymmv)
    BAMF likes this.
  8. skleice

skleice Aspirant (226) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I usually try to show up towards the end, but had to be at a Thanksgiving thang. I now have Julius, Green, and Haze in my belly with my first Single Shot on deck. Plus, I just had to slam the fridge door closed to cram everything in :slight_smile:
    darkandhoppy and Tbub18 like this.
  9. ct8468

ct8468 Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2014 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Anyone else think this batch of Green is just off the charts? I mean I know this is just perpetually an amazing beer, and people are always on about "this batch is better" and the like, but DAMN, I'm really feeling it. I guess to try and put a finger on what I'm liking better, I would say that I'm getting way less bitterness than I remember, and just an extra layer of this overripe stone fruit and pineapple thing.
  10. slengteng

slengteng Initiate (158) Apr 9, 2014 Massachusetts

Yes. The latest two batches have been off the charts.
    ct8468 likes this.
  11. ct8468

ct8468 Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2014 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Glad to see someone agrees. Think I'm gonna have to crack a second one tonight.
  12. Sweatshirt

Sweatshirt Aspirant (247) Jan 27, 2014 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

Im feeling green and lights on more than in the recent past. Both are on point right now.
    Shwilly_Vanilli and paddyfrankie like this.
  13. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (1,600) Apr 16, 2015 New Hampshire
    Premium Member Beer Trader

Zero wait at 7:30 last night. Got can and growler max. In and out in 15 minutes.
    bruindre likes this.
  14. Skwalk47

Skwalk47 Aspirant (239) Aug 31, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Anyone have a good idea how crazy tree house is going to be today?
  15. Burntfoot

Burntfoot Aspirant (218) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

making my first visit Saturday.. can not wait!!
    Tbub18 likes this.
  16. mrl491

mrl491 Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2015 New Hampshire

SPECIAL HOURS THIS WEEK: 11/29 - 12/5

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are normal hours.

jomobono and Burntfoot like this.
  17. chrisfromboston

chrisfromboston Initiate (156) Feb 20, 2009 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Drove by at 1:30 last Wednesday - so nuts. All lots filled, cars lining the road diagonally past Tree House, some parking in the farm way behind Koran's Farm Gift Shop. Lady friend wasn't interested in waiting.

Came back at 4:30, slightly less crazy. Line no longer in the road. Took 70 minutes, just like they said on Twitter. I think they had three people w/ iPads? Worked well I thought! Bang up job by Tree House.

Hit up Armsby later that night for some Madness & Solitude.
    jomobono likes this.
  18. ppoitras

ppoitras Poo-Bah (3,839) Jan 15, 2004 Massachusetts

For the record, my experience of Thanksgiving weekend finds that now Tuesday is the bigger travel day. My commute on Tuesday PM at 4PM from Auburn to Worcester was over an hour. My commute on the dreaded Wednesday PM, again at 4PM, was 35 minutes. Seems like maybe we have a new normal for traffic T-day week.
  19. Evmo31

Evmo31 Aspirant (261) Feb 3, 2015 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Last batch of haze is tasting more incredible than usual imo.
    HeyHayward likes this.
  20. RichD

RichD Champion (818) Mar 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

Hoping to swing by on Wednesday for cans. How has the wait been on Wednesdays? Also hoping there's more than 1 option for cans.
  21. Newport_beerguy

Newport_beerguy Zealot (551) Feb 24, 2011 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

The pattern recently is if TH posts available cans by tomorrow afternoon, you should be good for another packaging by Wednesday at open. It has never taken me more than 10 minutes to get my cans, but have only been Wednesdays on 2 different occasions and there may be a longer "normal" wait time with the holiday season here.
  22. paddyfrankie

paddyfrankie Initiate (155) Jan 14, 2015 New York
    Beer Trader

2 weeks ago there was about a 25 minute wait at open.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.