Tree House Brewing Co. (November 2015)

Discussion in 'New England' started by eb1610, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOneTC

TheOneTC Zealot (718) Aug 23, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Conservative estimate of ~550 fills of Good Morning left.

Also, Only filling 300 cards on Thursday. Anyone arriving after #300 has the option to purchase cans only. (Four canning runs planned this week as well)

Mikeypnh likes this.
  2. paddyfrankie

paddyfrankie Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2015 New York

Any guesses as to what may be canned for Wednesday? I am thinking some variation of Eureka (hopefully a case limit) and something else.

3. Krecster

Krecster Initiate (0) Feb 18, 2015 New Hampshire

What is the latest you think I can get there on Thurs. and be inside the 300 people getting a card? Really want to get GM, kicking myself for just not trying to make it this past Sat.

4. icfpny

icfpny Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2015 New York

With the options right now for growler fills, I imagine they'll try to can two hoppy beers.

5. Hophead717

Hophead717 Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2011 Massachusetts

Why are they stopping at 300 fills? Is that just what they are able to fill their general hour time-frame?

I'm guessing this means low can limits for Wed/Thur to make sure people arriving after #300 on Thursday can leave with something.

6. skleice

skleice Maven (1,271) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

It's due to GM. They said on Twitter that last time they had it, they were filling until 10pm.

7. Evmo31

Evmo31 Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2015 Connecticut

Yep i was there that night. I was also there this saturday, which I believe was the most tickets they ever went through in one day. People like to come later in the day thinking that the wait will be shorter, but that isn't the case when good morning is pouring. Unfortunately the 300 fill cutoff will probably mean close to 200 people in line by 5 this week. I might be assuming the worse here, but i bet it will be nuts.

Mikeypnh likes this.
  8. mewithstewpid

mewithstewpid Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2015 Connecticut

you good morning people are crazy. **pops open double shot**

9. paddyfrankie

paddyfrankie Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2015 New York

I hope that isn't true, although they did make a point to say that there would be cans ALL weekend.

10. Fahmie25

Fahmie25 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2008 New York

as others have said it's because of GM, but my guess as to the reason for the 300 number is that they have said in the past that they generally have the ability to get through ~100 tickets per hour, so being open for 3 hours/understanding that every ticket will in all likelihood have GM on it and clog up the lines that those are on made them come up with the 300 number...

11. jomobono

jomobono Savant (1,114) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

On accepting 300 tickets:
    @TreeHouseBrewCo: time and efficiency. For last batch of Good Morning we filled until 10 PM. Expected far later this time without adjustment.

Also there will be four canning runs this week.

12. icfpny

icfpny Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2015 New York

Especially since Julius and Alter Ego will probably both kick before 5pm.

13. Ktrain31

Ktrain31 Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2014 Illinois

Sorry to random post on this. I'm not sure where I should properly post this. I'm from Chicago and visiting boston. Is there anywhere I need to hit specifically. Bar/restaurant/brewery/bottleshop

14. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Pundit (955) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

for better of for worse, Tree House is only available at the Brewery in Monson. You might have the best luck setting up an in person Trade with some Boston folks.

15. BAMF

BAMF Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2007 Massachusetts

16. dolomite128

dolomite128 Crusader (468) Sep 17, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Just out of curiosity (and this might be aimed @DigitalNate or @jomobono )

Why doesn't Treehouse just pre-fill growlers of Good Morning and sell them in the can line? I know a lot of people already have growlers, but I don't think anyone would complain about the extra growler if it contained Good Morning? Just roll it into the price...I'm sure it would be worth it to save on the 2 hours of wait time.

Just a thought / suggestion...I don't run a brewery or brew beer nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

freshcarl, colby600 and edallolie like this.
  17. kylem2586

kylem2586 Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2014 Massachusetts

I had this thought as well....

18. TheOneTC

TheOneTC Zealot (718) Aug 23, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Couple of reasons...

I would think the logistics of filing and storing 300-700 growlers prior to sale would make this impossible. How are you going to store that many filled growlers, keep them cold, and keep them protected? The don't really stack up nicely like the cans do and glass is much more fragile.

Also, there's the fact that it's still going to take hours for the crew to fill those growlers beforehand. And then they'll still have to spend their regular hours filling growlers of Julius, Alter Ego, etc. So they'd be tacking on many extra hours of work just so we don't have to stand in line for little while.

Plus having to make everyone buy another growler? I'm sure the people who don't visit as frequently wouldn't mind, but there are regulars who already have more glass than they can fill in a day, and with MA growler laws, I don't think anyone wants more glass if they don't need it. At that point you should just bottle the beer.

The crew at Tree House already does a fantastic job getting everyone in and out as quickly as possible with so much awesome beer. There's plenty of places out there who don't have it together like Tree House does, where a release of this magnitude with this many people showing up wouldn't be possible. I think we should just continue to thank the guys and gals for their awesome work, instead of trying to figure out how they can save us even more time.

Ken_P and jkane101 like this.
  19. kylem2586

kylem2586 Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2014 Massachusetts

Don't take it the wrong way - I wasn't criticizing the TH staff. I'm more than a regular (as my checking account would show), have about 17 TH 750's as well. They have a walk-in cooler where the cans are stored (mind you I don't know how big it is). It was just a thought...no need to get all defensive

20. dolomite128

dolomite128 Crusader (468) Sep 17, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

I think @TheOneTC makes some valid points.

Keep in mind the growlers could be put back in their case for storage in the walk-in and would stack up nicely.

Either way, it's not a shot at saving me (or regular patrons) time, necessarily but enhancing the visit by getting the highly sought-after brew a little more efficiently. I'm sure they could fill quite a few growlers in a couple hours before open as opposed to staying a couple hours later in the evening after close to finish up the list.

Again, just thoughts and suggestions - I could very well be wrong...my wife says I am most of the time anyway!

freshcarl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.