Tree House Brewing Co. (October 2015)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by ajcuster89, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajcuster89

ajcuster89 (290) Apr 14, 2014 Vermont
    Trader

Post away, ladies and gents!

2. RuckIt

RuckIt (563) Apr 29, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

600+ people through the line yesterday? Killing it!

If (when) these Wednesday hours become permanent, I'd hope they start to drop 2 canning runs later in the week too. No chance AE lasts until the weekend, and if C22 sticks at 8pp tonight it won't last til Saturday either.

Tbub18 likes this.
  3. Jsanchez1

Jsanchez1 (0) Nov 25, 2014 Connecticut

There was actually a note on either the website or twitter yesterday that referenced they are close to making Wednesday can hours regular but not quite there yet. Also mentioned 3 canned beers per week being the goal

SRBush1974 likes this.
  4. RuckIt

Trader

They did say "3+ beers a week in cans" so I know they're trying to get to that level of production. Also glad they're starting with 4pp limits on the 200-case runs so they last a few days. I just get jealous when I see stuff packaged Tuesday/Wednesday and know I've got no shot at it when I arrive Saturday.

5. JGLittle

JGLittle (0) Mar 24, 2012 Massachusetts

Not to tell them how to run their business, and I like the Wed runs, but wouldn't it make some sense to just increase the Thursday and Friday hours to counter the initial 5p crush of people. Open at 3 pm each of those days and then have cans all weekend? Just my 2 cents.

Fitzy2 likes this.
  6. skleice

skleice (459) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

I love the can only days. In and out so quick. I look toward to the days when we can get something like 8 Julius, 8 Green, & 8 Haze all in one trip. I don't want a case of any single beer, but I'll gladly take a variety pack.

colby600 and SRBush1974 like this.
  7. oldbean

oldbean (0) Jun 30, 2005 Massachusetts

My guess is that spreading things out over more days does more to counter the rush than increased hours in fewer days would. Plus things just run smoother when it's cans only, so it's a better situation for people who only want the cans. Plus, more days gives more people an opportunity to get out there.

JGLittle likes this.
  8. TheOneTC

TheOneTC (0) Aug 23, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Tbub18 likes this.
  9. Tbub18

Tbub18 (0) Oct 31, 2014 New York

Any chance Green and Curiosity 22 go on for growler fills?

10. skleice

Oh man, I should've waited until today. I've been dying for some Green, but don't think I can make it 2 days in a row. Maybe Friday night...

New cans look awesome too!

11. RuckIt

Trader

C22 limits dropped to 4pp, and website still says "More to Come" for cans.

AE Cans should be gone tonight, Green should last most of the night Friday, possibly some C22 cans available at open Saturday with I'd imagine a 2pp limit.

12. DigitalNate

DigitalNate (0) Dec 20, 2010 Massachusetts

Done packaging cans for the week - sorry 'bout that.

13. RuckIt

Trader

Assuming normal crowds tonight and tomorrow, what are your thoughts on my can prediction? I'll be there regardless for some growlers Saturday, so maybe the lack of cans will keep the line shorter in the morning?

14. Rysk22

Rysk22 (0) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Annnnd Green is in it's new home. What are the chances Alter Ego cans are around at open tomorrow?

Green - Limit 4 cans PP (~190 cases available)

C22 - Limit 4 cans PP (~240 cases available)

Alter Ego - Limit 4 cans PP (~90 cases available)

tregan_20 likes this.
  15. steelerguy

steelerguy (0) Nov 15, 2002 New York

How are the lines generally on a Thursday? I plan on getting there around 4:30 or so. Hopefully my dogs can wait in line with me...or I can at least hold a place for my wife while she keeps an eye on them.

16. dwmetsfan13

dwmetsfan13 (463) Jul 22, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Thursday at open is usually very busy, especially with 3 different cans available. If you only want cans you'll probably be out by ~5:30, if you want growlers as well it'll be closer to 6:30 I would think.

17. chewy527

chewy527 (0) Apr 1, 2014 Connecticut

Do the math -- approx 540 people would have to get Ego for it to kick. I'd guess it'll run out tonight, but impossible to know for sure. THB provides good updates on Twitter, or worst case they will update tonight/tomorrow AM.

18. BrewRaider

BrewRaider (0) Feb 7, 2015 Minnesota

Hello,

I am interested in hearing how available Tree House Brewing's products are, specifically, the canned Julius? I am from Minnesota and am very interested in acquiring some Julius in a trade, but have not had any luck so far. The competition on the Trading forum for Julius is fierce. I know that Tree House is a small brewery in Massachusetts, and I assume that, like the Alchemist's beers in Maine, their product is not available outside of their region but I don't know for sure. (Presumably, if someone in Boston or NYC could get it, it would be pretty available on the trading forum.) Can anyone shed any insight on availability, and trading strategies? I am hoping that the release of Surly Darkness at the end of the month here in Minnesota might provide me with a bargaining chip.

Cheers!
    BrewRaider

breadwinner likes this.
  19. BAMF

BAMF (0) Jul 11, 2007 Massachusetts

Julius is only available at the brewery, which is in western Massachusetts (about an hour and 45 from Boston). It is released every 3 weeks or so, some in cans, some for growlers. When cans are released, the per person, per day limit is usually somewhere between 6 and 12. There is a Tree House thread for each month of this year, you should be able to find them with the search function. Take a look through those if you want a good idea of what it takes even for a local to get Julius.

(also, ahem greenisbetter ahem)

Rysk22 and smutty33 like this.
  20. ILOVESTOUTS

ILOVESTOUTS (422) Apr 13, 2006 Connecticut
    Trader

If you will be at Darkness Day, I promise you will drink Julius.

Shoot me a PM for details

21. jeff_mc33

jeff_mc33 (0) May 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Anyone running the 5k?

22. dmolz

dmolz (0) Dec 2, 2014 Connecticut

yessir. if we're not swimming it hahaha.

23. PeteKuncis

PeteKuncis (0) Dec 6, 2014 Massachusetts

Had an amazing visit today. In and out with 12 cans and 5 growlers in 28 minutes.

24. brikelly

brikelly (0) Apr 11, 2010 Massachusetts

Apparently we had identical experiences. Awesome place, beers, vibe, service.

25. RuckIt

Trader

My math says ~500 people through the can line last night. Looks like C22 will last into Saturday with a limited supply - maybe enough so they keep the limits at 4pp? Hope they consider dropping the limits on Green tonight so there's a few left for tomorrow... 2pp tonight & tomorrow would make it last through the rush Saturday!

As currently posted:
    Green - 83 cases @ 4pp (~500 people)
    C22 - 150 cases @ 4pp (~900 people)
    Alter Ego - 8 cases @ 4pp (~50 people)

Taps:

C22 (went on last night)
    Green (went on last night)
    Lights On
    Alter Ego (went on last night - I think? Or is this the last batch?)
    Double Shot - Burundi Bukeye
    Eureka w/ Mosaic (w/ Citra on deck)

26. chewy527

chewy527 (0) Apr 1, 2014 Connecticut

Fridays are usually quieter than Thursdays, so if about 500 went thru last night, the odds are decent green will survive tonight even at 4 pp.

27. KindOfBlues71

KindOfBlues71 (0) Aug 2, 2007 Connecticut

What is the wait like on Wednesdays? What time should I plan to get there for the noon opening?

28. brendanryan1234

brendanryan1234 (0) Jan 28, 2014 Massachusetts

The wait is virtually non-existent.

Wednesday is cans only, so you're in and out in minutes.

29. skleice

If they are open on Wednesdays, you're typically in and out with cans in minutes.

30. jomobono

jomobono (315) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

Wednesdays are not officially on the books yet, they announce day before or day of if they are open that day.

31. skleice

Quick trip tonight. In at 7:40 and out at 7:50 with cans and growlers. Sipping on Green right now. This is officially my favorite IPA. Perfect. New cans are awesome too!

Horbar, BAMF and pjs234 like this.
  32. Heady_Eddy

Heady_Eddy (0) Mar 31, 2015 Massachusetts

Some friends and I are heading out to Tree House next weekend. Have never been, what time do you suggest being at the brewery so we can have a chance at some cans? I've seen a few posts about how fast everything canned sells out.

Thanks

33. dmolz

for starters, I'd wait til thurs or fri b4 racking your brain about it as the limits change week to week. no need to plan for something that may change. if they set it up so that a bunch are left though, little over an hr be4 open and you'll be in decent shape in most cases. it'll be a little easier now that it's starting to get cold again.

34. NAPO

NAPO (0) Jan 7, 2014 Massachusetts

Lol. It will not get easier. Cold weather has never stop the crowds.

35. dmolz

I've gone plenty of times in both. never said it won't stop everyone. but some will wait or go later in the day if it's not a breathtaking lineup. even 10 min less is 'easier' if you're cold. never said there's not gonna be a line lol.

NAPO likes this.
  36. skleice

Damn, I wish I grabbed a growler of Traverse last night. I saw it on the board and quickly overlooked it to get my Green & Double Shot. After reading the description, I wanna drink Traverse right now.

37. mschofield

mschofield (0) Oct 16, 2002 Massachusetts

Is Traverse the first lager they've brewed? Have a growler waiting in the fridge.

38. Bcelos

Bcelos (0) Mar 24, 2015 Connecticut

Anyone ever blend Sip of Sunshine with Julius? Thinking about getting real weird later tonight

39. jomobono

Nope, I believe this is the 4th.

Trailbreaker: Kellerbier
    Trail Magic: German Pilsner
    Fall Line: Monson Lager

mschofield likes this.
  40. jomobono

Don't forget the mashed potatoes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.