Tree House Brewing Company (2019)

Discussion in 'New England' started by bring, Jan 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bring

bring Zealot (686) Aug 17, 2005 Greenland
    Trader

Hours: Tuesday 2-8p Cans & Draft Pours, Wednesday - Friday 12-8p Cans Only, Saturday 11-7p Cans & Draft Pours (Last call 6:30 PM for pints), Sunday 12-5p Cans Only (as of 11/1/18)

OUR MONSON BREWERY IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED. PLEASE VISIT US AT 129 STURBRIDGE ROAD, CHARLTON.

Important links:

http://treehousebrew.com/on-tap/ also lists food truck and music for the upcoming day

http://treehousebrew.com/faq/

FOLLOW @treehousebrewco on Twitter for real time updates

@DigitalNate has been known to make occasional comments when speculation is not correct on this monthly thread.

Cans:

This week's canning schedule, not guaranteed:

+ Tuesday

+ Wednesday

+ Thursday

+ Friday

We are packaging into cans on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. Cans become available the day they are packaged. Thanks!

Pints:

As we settle into our new brewery, the availability of pints will be sporadic (except for Tuesday and Saturday) and dependent on the crowd. If we are too busy it is not possible to maintain an enjoyable and efficient experience for takeaway beer and serve pints at the same time. Stay tuned to Twitter to learn if and when pours are available.

Growlers:

While we transition to the new brewery, growler fills are temporary on hold. Fear not - they will be back. They are a huge part of what makes us Tree House.

New Glass 750 ML - $5 | 2L - $6

Parking:

REGARDING PARKING ON VERY BUSY DAYS, PLEASE HEED THE GUIDANCE OF OUR PARKING STAFF. ALSO, USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN ENTERING AND EXITING THE PROPERTY. THANK YOU!

Line:

There is just one line, the can line! You may order growlers (not available at this time) from the can line, when they become available at the new brewery. Our staff will assist you by handing out and collecting order cards for growlers while you wait for cans.

ABSOLUTELY no drinking in the line or on the outside grounds!

If you have to smoke, please step out far enough from the line so other people don't have to inhale your smoke. Thank you.

We make every effort to keep limits the same, and this is indeed the case 95% of the time. On rare occasions when we believe it will be beneficial to visitors, we will lower limits to spread the love around a bit.

ALL LIMITS POSTED ARE PER PERSON, PER DAY. No SECOND TRIPS THROUGH THE LINE during the same day even if they add new cans later in the day.

ALL WHO PURCHASE BEER AT TREE HOUSE MUST PRESENT A VALID AND CURRENT PHOTO ID, NO EXCEPTIONS.

BYOB:

The beer you purchase at Tree House can be enjoyed at Westview Creamery on East Hill Road, and at BT's Smokehouse in Sturbridge.

Nearby Bottle Shop:

Yankee Spirits in Sturbridge, is the closest. It's close to BT's Smokehouse.

submitted by @YS1977 (Yankee Spirits)

@yankeestur

Historical information on can/bottle releases:

Awesome Tree House can release spreadsheet done by @BeerTraveler33.

In his own words:

Feel free to remind me, @BeerTraveler33, to update this as I usually only update the file on my work PC and I forget to update the google doc.

He asks if anybody has any suggestions for his spreadsheet to write to him.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zWyBt7I2feobTsX5GcZvm91pn3fxuxEu-cI8oodXBi8/edit?usp=sharing

This is the spreadsheet that you seen cropped, cut, and pasted on posts. Full credit should be given to @BeerTraveler33 for creating and maintaining it.

A new spreadsheet link is below and was created (and maintained) by @jimmyfausto. Great job too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...7nENRkFSBx7NCVaSXbH9RYJ78/edit#gid=1336019541

Family history: (from @likeadabeer )

Julius Family:

Julius - Flagship IPA
    Jjjuliusss - Extra kettle/dry hopped Julius
    King Julius - DIPA version of Julius
    King Jjjuliusss - Extra kettle/dry hopped King Julius
    Alter Ego - Julius base w/ Mosaic and Amarillo in the dry hop
    Aaalterrr Ego - Extra kettle/dry hopped Alter Ego
    Doppelganger - DIPA version of Alter Ego
    Doubleganger - Extra kettle/dry hopped Doppelganger

Green Family:

Green - IPA with ‘mostly’ Galaxy hops
    Gggreennn - Extra kettle/dry hopped Green
    Very Green - DIPA version of Green
    Very Gggreennn - Extra kettle/dry hopped Very Green

Haze Family:

Haze - Flagship DIPA
    Very Hazy - Imperial version of Haze

Sap Family:

Sap - IPA featuring Chinook hops
    Sssappp - Extra kettle/dry hopped Sap
    Super Sap - DIPA version of Sap

Eureka Family:

Flagship hoppy blond ale featuring the following single hop varieties:
    Citra (most often)
    Mosaic
    Galaxy
    Nelson

Bright Family:

Flagship DIPA featuring an American ale yeast vs. traditional house and featuring the following single hop varieties:
    Mosaic (most often)
    Citra
    Nelson
    Simcoe/Amarillo
    Galaxy
    Centennial
    Bbbrighttt - Extra kettle/dry hopped Bright (and variants)
    Baby Bright - Single IPA version of Bright

The Weather Family:

Tornado - APA featuring Simcoe and Citra hops
    Hurricane - DIPA version of Tornado
    Super Typhoon - Extra kettle/dry hopped Hurricane
    Perfect Storm - Extra kettle/dry hopped Super Typhoon

The APA family:

Lights On - APA featuring Mosaic hops
    Lights Out - APA featuring Citra hops
    Pride and Purpose - APA featuring Galaxy hops
    East Hill - APA featuring Simcoe/Citra/Galaxy hops
    Present Moment - APA featuring Southern Hemisphere hops
    Dogs / Kids:

Children, dogs and families are always welcome at Tree House

Good Morning:

This has come up several times in the past. According to @DigitalNate, Good Morning has not been retired.

However all beers, including Good Morning, on this BA site that are listed as "limited" or in this case "rotating" and have not been released again eventually gets moved to the "archived" list, if not re-released over a period of time (forgot how long). It has nothing to do with whether or not it will actually be brewed again despite the red "This beer is retired; no longer brewed." which is added automatically by the site. This line sometimes confuses people but disappears when the beer is moved back to the "current" list.

Shuttle bus:

If you find yourself parked in the lower lot, we now provide shuttle service that runs thru every 5 minutes or so...now you don't have to exercise to get up that hill (although some of us could use the workout). :stuck_out_tongue:

Trull likes this.
  2. msiegel04

msiegel04 Initiate (0) Oct 5, 2017 Connecticut

Crazy to see super sap at a case limit. Hoping (expecting) this trend will continue on the non-core beers.

3. BriDrinksBeer

BriDrinksBeer Initiate (0) Jul 18, 2018 New York

I had my first Tree House experience yesterday. Arrived 11:30 with a line of about 40 people. It moved pretty quickly and I was able to purchase everything I wanted (see below). Overall I was very impressed with the process, grounds and staff. Cant wait to go back.

Green
    Lights On
    BBBright Citra
    Snow
    Double Shot

#3 BriDrinksBeer, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    alaskameyers likes this.
  4. CTHopman

CTHopman Initiate (0) Jul 22, 2016 Connecticut

I suggest you try the appropriate BA trading forum or online FB trade groups.

5. JLK7299

JLK7299 Pooh-Bah (2,729) Apr 21, 2016 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

If NFL Playoffs weren’t today I’d totally be there

6. just_another__lurker

just_another__lurker Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2018 Massachusetts

Got there at 3 today and waited maybe 5 minutes for cans. Draft line was a different story though, I had to skip that insanity...

7. Joeybones3

Joeybones3 Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2012 Vermont

What did you come away with can wise?

just_another__lurker likes this.
  8. Joeybones3

Joeybones3 Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2012 Vermont

Thinking of driving tomorrow morn. Should have all but green.

9. robo55

robo55 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Was passing through the area after picking up the wife in NYC. Can Line was just outside and moved quickly. Nice variety, but we’ll see how they’re doing consistency wise.

They’re doing a lot of construction outside the building too

10. just_another__lurker

Got two mixed cases of all the cans (stocked up on super sap, then a bunch of green and Julius, and a few bbrighttt, snow, and lights on each), plus the four DS bottles. It was a sweet haul, especially for the non-existent wait time.. That may have been the quickest I was ever in and out, and it was a Saturday too!

11. just_another__lurker

Yeah was surprised to cross the bridge under the pavilion to enter into the side of the building today. Not sure how long they been doing that, but I went in the main door about two weeks ago when I was there last..

robo55 likes this.
  12. gruffyboy

gruffyboy Aspirant (296) Oct 10, 2014 Massachusetts

I also made the trek today; great to have such a short wait time and a significant haul. Loving the Super Sap and Double Shot; not too impressed with this batch of Julius though, seems a bit flat on the flavor, no peach/mango that I'm used to. Am I alone in this opinion?

13. robo55

robo55 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Ugh, haven’t opened Julius yet, but fortunately only bought, (had to check) 8. I knew I should have bought less! Last two times I bought a case of Julius and was very underwhelmed. Agree with the Super Sap and Green is great too. Only bought two double shots and didn’t even want that.

14. Dukies222001

Dukies222001 Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2016 New Hampshire

Going on Friday is there any chance Double Shot would still be available.

15. pointbreak

pointbreak Aspirant (257) Dec 16, 2017 Massachusetts

Saturday was great minus the rain, barely any line all day for cans and the pour line was moving swiftly. Would be pretty ideal if it was always like that, it was busy but super manageable. Super Sap is fantastic too

16. JLK7299

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

No

17. TreeHouse_Erection

TreeHouse_Erection Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2018 Connecticut

DS is great but I actually like last weeks HOTS a little better. DS strawberry was as good as it gets, they need to bottle that!

This was one of the best weeks to go. Pours every day and no lines. Don’t get used to it

18. Pudgemaster

Pudgemaster Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2018 Massachusetts

Stopped by today around 1pm. Best experience I’ve had there. Small line for cans got a nice selection or 2 bottles and 12 cans. Pour line was short as well. Had one pour of single shot Gracenote, first draft beer I’ve had there. Great beer! Sad to have not tried double shot with strawberry though. Hope it stays like this

19. BasedPham

BasedPham Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2018 Massachusetts

Random question, but I totally missed the "Do Not Cellar" on my stout bottles - is this really going to affect the beer long term? I store them in a wine fridge at cellar temps. Should I just move them over to my regular fridge?

20. JLK7299

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I’ve wondered this about TH Stouts as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.