Tree House Brewing Company (June 2018)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Aspirant (247) Mar 16, 2013 New York
    Trader

New brewery location is now open.

Hours: Tuesday 4-8p Cans & Draft Pours, Wednesday - Friday 12-8p Cans Only, Saturday 11-7p Cans & Draft Pours (Last call 6:30 PM for pints)

OUR MONSON BREWERY IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED. PLEASE VISIT US AT 129 STURBRIDGE ROAD, CHARLTON.

Important links:

http://treehousebrew.com/on-tap/ also lists food truck and music for the upcoming day

http://treehousebrew.com/faq/

FOLLOW @treehousebrewco on Twitter for real time updates

@DigitalNate has been known to make occasional comments when speculation is not correct on this monthly thread.

Cans:

This week's canning schedule, not guaranteed:

+ Tuesday

+ Wednesday

+ Thursday

+ Friday

We are packaging into cans on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. Cans become available the day they are packaged. Thanks!

Pints:

As we settle into our new brewery, the availability of pints will be sporadic (except for Tuesday and Saturday) and dependent on the crowd. If we are too busy it is not possible to maintain an enjoyable and efficient experience for takeaway beer and serve pints at the same time. Stay tuned to Twitter to learn if and when pours are available.

Growlers:

While we transition to the new brewery, growler fills are temporary on hold. Fear not - they will be back. They are a huge part of what makes us Tree House.

New Glass 750 ML - $5 | 2L - $6

Parking:

REGARDING PARKING ON VERY BUSY DAYS, PLEASE HEED THE GUIDANCE OF OUR PARKING STAFF. ALSO, USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN ENTERING AND EXITING THE PROPERTY. THANK YOU!

Line:

There is just one line, the can line! You may order growlers (not available at this time) from the can line, when they become available at the new brewery. Our staff will assist you by handing out and collecting order cards for growlers while you wait for cans.

ABSOLUTELY no drinking in the line or on the outside grounds!

If you have to smoke, please step out far enough from the line so other people don't have to inhale your smoke. Thank you.

We make every effort to keep limits the same, and this is indeed the case 95% of the time. On rare occasions when we believe it will be beneficial to visitors, we will lower limits to spread the love around a bit.

ALL LIMITS POSTED ARE PER PERSON, PER DAY. No SECOND TRIPS THROUGH THE LINE during the same day even if they add new cans later in the day.

ALL WHO PURCHASE BEER AT TREE HOUSE MUST PRESENT A VALID AND CURRENT PHOTO ID, NO EXCEPTIONS.

BYOB:

The beer you purchase at Tree House can be enjoyed at Westview Creamery on East Hill Road, and at BT's Smokehouse in Sturbridge.

Nearby Bottle Shop:

Yankee Spirits in Sturbridge, is the closest. It's close to BT's Smokehouse.

submitted by @YS1977 (Yankee Spirits)

@yankeestur

Historical information on can/bottle releases:

Awesome Tree House can release spreadsheet done by @BeerTraveler33.

In his own words:

Feel free to remind me, @BeerTraveler33, to update this as I usually only update the file on my work PC and I forget to update the google doc.

He asks if anybody has any suggestions for his spreadsheet to write to him.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zWyBt7I2feobTsX5GcZvm91pn3fxuxEu-cI8oodXBi8/edit?usp=sharing

This is the spreadsheet that you seen cropped, cut, and pasted on posts. Full credit should be given to @BeerTraveler33 for creating and maintaining it.

A new spreadsheet link is below and was created (and maintained) by @jimmyfausto. Great job too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...7nENRkFSBx7NCVaSXbH9RYJ78/edit#gid=1336019541

Family history
    (thanks to @jomobono)

Julius, IPA
    • JJJuliusss, IPA. Additional hops in the kettle and dry hopping
    • King Julius, DIPA. The Imperial Version of Julius
    • King JJJuliusss DIPA. The Imperial Version of JJJuliusss
    Alter Ego, IPA The same base beer as Julius but dry hopped with mosaic and amarillo
    • Doppelganger, DIPA. The Imperial version of Alter Ego
    • Doubleganger, DIPA. Additional hops in the kettle and dry hopping of Doppelganger
    Sap, IPA
    • Sssappp, IPA. Version of Sap that utilizes larger kettle and dry hop additions
    • Super Sap, DIPA. The Imperial version of Sap

Dogs / Kids:

Children, dogs and families are always welcome at Tree House

Good Morning:

This has come up several times in past months. According to @DigitalNate, Good Morning has not been retired.

However all beers, including Good Morning, on this BA site that are listed as "limited" or in this case "rotating" and have not been released again eventually gets moved to the "archived" list, if not re-released over a period of time (forgot how long). It has nothing to do with whether or not it will actually be brewed again despite the red "This beer is retired; no longer brewed." which is added automatically by the site. This line sometimes confuses people but disappears when the beer is moved back to the "current" list.

Shuttle bus:

If you find yourself parked in the lower lot, we now provide shuttle service that runs thru every 5 minutes or so...now you don't have to exercise to get up that hill (although some of us could use the workout). :stuck_out_tongue:

YS1977 likes this.
  2. beardfacejesus

beardfacejesus Initiate (102) Apr 30, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

Office is closing at 3:00 today...we know what that means. :sunglasses:

3. TheNinthLetter

TheNinthLetter Initiate (72) Apr 16, 2017 New York

Anyone there at open? My friend is on his way up and I told him I would update him if I found out there was a silent.

4. mhull

mhull Initiate (90) Apr 11, 2008 Massachusetts

SS down to 4pp and added a case of Tornado

TheNinthLetter likes this.
  5. mja271

mja271 Initiate (67) Mar 18, 2016 Connecticut

Should we add the family history for Tornado to the first post? Tornado>Hurricane>Super Typhoon

6. Manfrombelmonty

Manfrombelmonty Aspirant (274) Sep 12, 2010 Massachusetts

Can't wait for Ssssssshhhharknado.

NYR-Zuuuuc and TheOneTC like this.
  7. NYR-Zuuuuc

NYR-Zuuuuc Aspirant (299) Jan 1, 2013 Connecticut

Best Theme song ever...

8. NEbrewLife

NEbrewLife Initiate (29) Mar 11, 2017 Massachusetts
    Trader

This has been a remarkably quiet week. No big drops besides SS 6 anniversary, which didn’t really bring the crowds out. I wonder if they’re in the process of holding some stuff back for the anniversary parties

9. ncuba

ncuba Initiate (32) Dec 20, 2008 Massachusetts

Stopped by on my way home about 630 but turned around when I saw the upper lot was closed off. Doesn't seem like there was a silent, actually just saw that they started serving beers. I'm curious, were they just slammed with drinkers who stay parked?

10. ackwaves

ackwaves Initiate (47) Oct 27, 2017 Massachusetts

I was there at the same time - think I was the last car sent to the lower lot. It was silly as the upper was 1/4 empty but the shuttle was running quickly with basically nobody on it, so it wasn't too bad. Guessing the parking guy had a few minutes left on his shift and didn't want to clock out yet.

Shout out to Haze - I'd been off it after a few mediocre batches earlier this year but this is back to the stuff I remember.

ncuba likes this.
  11. avas

avas Devotee (431) Apr 30, 2014 New York
    Trader

This is the best news I've heard all day. I stopped trading for it entirely a few months ago after being burned by a bunch of sub-par batches post-Charlton. Since then, I've been eagerly waiting for its triumphant return to form, as it was, its glory days, second only to Green in my list of desert island hoppy beers.

Nbrock24 likes this.
  12. OnlyTheFinest

OnlyTheFinest Initiate (194) Feb 5, 2016 Maine
    Trader

:facepalm:

13. NEbrewLife

Trader

Is that not a reasonable observation? I’m not complaining by any means. But as far as I can tell it seems like the quietest week in a couple of months

14. TPIR

TPIR Initiate (100) Jan 29, 2017 Connecticut

It's the new paradigm of Tree House. Rotationals have become shelfies and special releases have become rotationals. And whales aren't whales anymore, they are just special releases because they either last for days or people complain that they "aren't what they used to be". Welcome to TH 2018.

swatner, forum8417 and NEbrewLife like this.
  15. NEbrewLife

Trader

Isn’t that what everybody wanted though? I don’t see this as a bad thing at all especially as someone who only lives an hour away and has only been to Charlton twice because the lines were still crazy. Only down side, as a “local” is trade value dropping (I’m kind of kidding here).

The comment about them holding stuff back for the parties is just wishful thinking by me since I get to go to the first session *Humble brag*

16. Jmclowell

Jmclowell Initiate (143) Jan 27, 2018 Massachusetts
    Premium

Sometimes I think they leave the signage in place. If there is no attendant I drive up top to look for a spot ‍♀️

ncuba likes this.
  17. beardfacejesus

beardfacejesus Initiate (102) Apr 30, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

I walked in at 4:30 and I barely had enough time to fill out an order card before it was my turn in line. I definitely waited longer for a pour than I did for cans. But yeah, with the wait being so short, the lot was still 60-65% full...

ncuba likes this.
  18. ncuba

ncuba Initiate (32) Dec 20, 2008 Massachusetts

Thanks for all replies. Couldn't tell if it was fluke weirdness or just new normal/typical weirdness that characterizes the beer scene. Probably would have obliged but had my family with me, had been driving for hours, and am passing by Trillium this week.

And looking at Trillium's website, seems like their non-FF lineup is a bit sparse compared to even a few months ago. Odd but I'd say they and TH are about at a similar place in terms of quantity/variety of their slate of offerings.

19. ScaryEd

ScaryEd Poo-Bah (1,648) Feb 19, 2012 New Hampshire

It's been 2 months since the last OG Sap release.

I miss it.

@DigitalNate pls

Droppinloaves likes this.
  20. errantnight

errantnight Savant (975) Jul 7, 2005 Iowa
    Trader

7 beers available by the case, two others for growler fills, and another beer available in bottles (so, not counting FF)... is sparse? I mean, I've been there when they've had more, but I've been there when they had less. And that's...over twice what's available at Tree House. They're getting closer, but "about at a similar place in terms of quantity/variety" seems... off, by about a factor of 2.

21. inkman15

inkman15 Initiate (153) Oct 28, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

Another vote for this batch of Haze. The last few batches I had were fine but were drier and weedier than I remember Haze being. This one is 8.2% ABV Tropicana.

cgwami and ackwaves like this.
  22. jonphisher

jonphisher Initiate (172) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

Price check on triple shot...thank you in advance.

23. JayKoz

JayKoz Initiate (120) Jun 20, 2014 Connecticut

Was $11 or $12, I forget... leaning $12.

OnlyTheFinest and jonphisher like this.
  24. pointbreak

pointbreak Initiate (33) Dec 16, 2017 Massachusetts

It was $12

jonphisher likes this.
  25. BigWily15

BigWily15 Initiate (22) May 24, 2017 Rhode Island

Sap is being canned, according to Instagram.

Chuckdiesel24 likes this.
  26. forum8417

forum8417 Initiate (118) Feb 1, 2011 New Jersey
    Trader

is there going to be special cans for purchase for anniversary guests only?or just access to whatever cans havent sold out all week

27. Piels25

Piels25 Initiate (178) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

From the event webpage: "Guests will be able to purchase cans and merchandise during the session."

Your guess is as good as the next guy if they release a special can just for anniversary guests. As if being one of a few hundred able to attend the event from the thousands that registered isn't enough. :rolling_eyes:

forum8417 likes this.
  28. mrmattosgood

mrmattosgood Initiate (99) Nov 6, 2010 New Hampshire
    Trader

"Yes, we are going to do a special, 300-can run of a beer only for those 300 people so those people can be even more insufferable than they already will be. We will also mandate that those 300 people take a photo of the beer and post it to every single social media site there is, even one that is so secret, you don't even know about it yet. You have to drink it on-site, that day, but please bring it up daily in every forum on which you're a member."

29. lbower860

lbower860 Initiate (126) Jun 28, 2011 Connecticut

Kind of off topic, but has anyone driven by Monson recently? Are they using that facility to do anything? Or is it just sitting there? Sort of interesting to go from being so crazy to just being dead overnight.

30. mlm61

mlm61 Initiate (91) Jun 16, 2016 Connecticut
    Trader

31. lbower860

lbower860 Initiate (126) Jun 28, 2011 Connecticut

At this point what is Treehouse Capacity comparable to? Are they close the level of a Dogfishead or Sweetwater at this point? I genuinely have no idea, but seems like they're going to be capable of making a tremendous amount of beer.

mlm61 likes this.
  32. mlm61

Trader

33. agreenman19

agreenman19 Meyvn (1,295) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut

I honestly never knew there was a pond in the middle there.

34. Jbrews

Jbrews Aspirant (268) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire

It's actually a Sarlacc pit.

35. dogdrule

dogdrule Initiate (128) Jan 11, 2018 Massachusetts
    Trader

That's just Old Man runoff from the remaining cans they had to dump last week

jlordi12, Nbrock24, Esch30 and 8 others like this.
  36. wasatchback

wasatchback Aspirant (270) Jan 12, 2014 Utah

It’s just a bright tank not another FV. More long slow conditioning space for the softest beers possible.

37. mando31

mando31 Initiate (156) Oct 15, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

Hey guys I am heading up to Boston the last weekend of August before Memorial Day. I’m looking to drive down to the brewery Saturday morning. How early do I need to arrive to be able to get a chance to purchase some cans? Do they even sell cans every Saturday or is it just random? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

38. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Initiate (171) Feb 17, 2017 New Jersey

Any time on Saturday and you should have no problem getting cans of multiple different beers.

mando31 likes this.
  39. mando31

mando31 Initiate (156) Oct 15, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

Awesome thanks!

40. mlm61

Trader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.