Tree House Brewing Company - March 2015

Discussion in 'New England' started by MattOC, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattOC

MattOC Devotee (448) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Another month, another thread. It's worked well in the past so here we go again. Let's try and make this one stop shopping for all things Tree House.

http://treehousebrew.com/on-tap/

Cheers!

skinny_mcginley, eb1610 and JGLittle like this.
  2. Respirologist

Respirologist Initiate (169) Feb 26, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

CANNING RUN PLANNED FOR TUESDAY. UPDATES TO COME THEN!
    Please note we have not increased production yet. We have started packaging some of our beer in cans but this makes it move faster than ever. We do our best to be fair with limits while ensuring we have beer available for retail hours. A time with more hours, more beer, and relaxed limits is very, very imminent!

meefmoff, woodfinish and jomobono like this.
  3. Phoptos

Phoptos Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2011 Massachusetts

Also, for those who might have not seen it in the other thread, drinking on site (other than the samples offered inside the retail space by Tree House Brewing) is not permitted...that includes the parking lot...please don't risk all the hard work these guys and gals put in to bring you such a great product...

4. Phoptos

Phoptos Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2011 Massachusetts

Now, on to can speculation!

5. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2014 Connecticut

Haven't had the pleasure to try Julius yet...and I should be available for Thursday, so fingers crossed.

TBCE likes this.
  6. Mag00n

Mag00n Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2008 New York

more cans!

7. Horbar

Horbar Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2012 Rhode Island

The anticipation is pretty high. What will it be canned this week?

8. patrickcmcd

patrickcmcd Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2010 Massachusetts

The Green barely made it through Thursday. This could be a shite-show.

9. Jmr85

Jmr85 Aspirant (263) Nov 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

I'm willing to bet a pretty penny that it's gonna be julius!!!

Ken_P likes this.
  10. blckout20

blckout20 Initiate (0) May 24, 2012 Connecticut

It definitely could be, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see the, hold off on Julius cans until they are producing more. Im thinking Haze cans this week....mmm speculation.

Where's those double shot bottles Nate!!

11. BGsWo22

BGsWo22 Crusader (708) Sep 21, 2012 Texas

Oh my I need these cans

12. chewy527

chewy527 Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2014 Connecticut

My guess is a small run of Sap cans. (I think they are saving Julius cans for a bonanza release once they get their new equipment up and running)

My hope is a medium run of Julius cans.

blckout20 likes this.
  13. dwmetsfan13

dwmetsfan13 Initiate (161) Jul 22, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Anyone else frantically refreshing the on tap page in anticipation?

Horbar, darkandhoppy, eb1610 and 3 others like this.
  14. Jmr85

Jmr85 Aspirant (263) Nov 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

Maybe sap, tornado? Lol does it matter? We all know we will be there no matter what it is!

15. dinosvino

dinosvino Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2013 Massachusetts

Switching gears.....I noticed that Tree House was not on the latest Brewer Listing for ACBF that came out on Sunday. Does anyone know if they are planning on attending?

16. TheElectricOne

TheElectricOne Defender (639) Jan 31, 2015 Rhode Island

After missing out on getting some Green by about fifteen minutes, I'm gonna feel like I'm really blowin' it if I don't scoop some of the cans this week.......

17. CayseyW

CayseyW Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2013 Connecticut

Coincidently this was the week I marked on my calendar to get up there for the first time and now all this speculation/anticipation. Apparently my timing will either be really amazing or really unfortunate, depending on how crazy things get.

18. jomobono

jomobono Aspirant (243) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

I love Corgis.

CayseyW likes this.
  19. Jimbo1255

Jimbo1255 Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2014 Massachusetts

Please, please let either of these be true. Sap is one of my favorites. I'm thinking about taking a half day at work to head out that way Thursday. Preparing myself now, guessing it's going to be busy.

20. mdr4669

mdr4669 Initiate (0) Sep 12, 2010 Massachusetts

SAP (American IPA - 7.3% ABV) - We are super excited to have Sap in cans! It pours beautifully in the glass with a meringue like-head revealing a pungent fresh hop aroma. Notes of papaya, melon, grapefruit, and young mango give way to a spicy dank finish making this one hard to put down. A soft but saturated beer loaded with hop flavor! We love this beer!! ($3.75/can) *** Limit six cans per person ***

jessehurlburt and tylerk88 like this.
  21. jomobono

When you wish upon a star....

jessehurlburt likes this.
  22. Jmaz3

Jmaz3 Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2014 Massachusetts

Available in 16 oz cans:

SAP (American IPA - 7.3% ABV) - We are super excited to have Sap in cans! It pours beautifully in the glass with a meringue like-head revealing a pungent fresh hop aroma. Notes of papaya, melon, grapefruit, and young mango give way to a spicy dank finish making this one hard to put down. A soft but saturated beer loaded with hop flavor! We love this beer!! ($3.75/can) *** Limit six cans per person ***

Available for growler fills:

SAP (American IPA - 7.3% ABV)

MORE TO COME....

23. Psychmusic

Psychmusic Aspirant (273) Jun 22, 2012 Massachusetts

Looks like they're canning Eureka with Citra as well, although not sure when it will be available

24. Ridgerunner

Are you looking through their window?

25. Mikecap

Mikecap Champion (801) May 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Trader

Either through their window or on their Twitter

26. jomobono

Available tomorrow. Per Twitter: Will update the on tap page later tonight w/limits, etc. but yes both Sap and Eureka cans available tomorrow.. !

27. Ridgerunner

Looks like I'll be spending more than I had planned tomorrow. :slight_smile: and :slight_frown:

Ken_P likes this.
  28. deleted_user_722966

deleted_user_722966 Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2013 New Hampshire
    Deactivated

I've been looking in the window all day. :grinning: No, per TH Web site...

SAP (American IPA - 7.3% ABV) - We are super excited to have Sap in cans! It pours beautifully in the glass with a meringue like-head revealing a pungent fresh hop aroma. Notes of papaya, melon, grapefruit, and young mango give way to a spicy dank finish making this one hard to put down. A soft but saturated beer loaded with hop flavor! We love this beer!!($3.75/can) *** Limit six cans per person *** (~70 cases)

EUREKA w/CITRA (American Blonde Ale - 4.1%) - A flavor packed blonde ale, Eureka w/Citra explodes with notes of citrus on the nose and the palate, and finishes cleanly with light bits of cracker malt. Someone forgot to tell it that it's only 4.1% alcohol. A beautiful and delicate little beer, and perfect in the can! ($3/can)*** Limit eight cans per person *** (~140 cases)

Available for growler fills:

HAZE (Double IPA - 8.2%) - Our Double IPA! We constructed this beer around hops we currently have plenty of access to, allowing us to re-brew it on a (relatively) consistent basis. We smell a ton of orange on the nose, with complimentary notes of peach and passionfruit. The flavor is similar with a blast of citrus fruit & orange quickly followed by spicy grapefruit, and earthy dankness. A lingering but pleasant saturated hop oil finish awaits. . . . A real juice bomb of a beer. (750ML - $10 | 2L - $20) ** Limit 1 2L or 2 750 ML ***

EUREKA w/CITRA - (750ML - $7 | 2L - $14) *** Limit three total bottles w/up to 1 2L ***SAP (750ML - $7 | 2L - $14) ***Limit two total bottles w/up to 1 2L ***

#28 deleted_user_722966, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    Ken_P and BGsWo22 like this.
  29. BGsWo22

Damn a hoppy day tomorrow

30. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Aspirant (263) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

well that line-up turned around fast :slight_smile:

31. BGsWo22

And the line at the door has started

jomobono likes this.
  32. deleted_user_722966

deleted_user_722966 Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2013 New Hampshire
    Deactivated

Humans or coolers?

lic217 and jomobono like this.
  33. chipawayboy

chipawayboy Devotee (443) Oct 26, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

What time do folks start showing up for 5 pm opening? I'm a TH newbie and was thinking of trekking from Woburn tomorrow. What should I expect?

34. dubdrop

dubdrop Disciple (310) Aug 6, 2012 Vermont
    Trader

got there at 3:40 last thurs and was about #12.

35. chewy527

chewy527 Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2014 Connecticut

If you are filling growlers (hint: get the Haze!), you're better off getting their earlier if you are in a hurry. Get your growler order in first (Link here) then line up for cans. With the cans, there should be plenty to go around for Thursday night (on the Sap, ~70 cases should provide the first 280 people who want cans the ability to get them)

With the growler limits being 1-2 bottles per person, and multiple taps of each beer available, I don't think anybody will be waiting a terribly long time.

36. chipawayboy

chipawayboy Devotee (443) Oct 26, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

Thx for the tips guys --- tomorrow's a go.

37. Ken_P

Ken_P Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2013 Massachusetts

Now I'm confused. If I have a ticket in for growlers I have to wait in line for cans? I can't grab my cans when I pick up my growlers when they've been filled?

38. jomobono

When Tree House opens that day there are two lines. One for cans and one for growlers which are the order forms.

Once the can line is finished then they sell cans at the bar where you get growlers. You can pick up your cans when your growlers have been filled. Just tell one of the pour girls what you want when you grab your growlers.

So it all depends on what time you come where you get cans.

#38 jomobono, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  39. Ken_P

Ken_P Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2013 Massachusetts

Okay, that makes a bit more sense. Thanks!

jomobono likes this.
  40. MattXT

MattXT Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2010 Virginia

I dig the Sap label.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.