Tree House Brewing Company (March 2016)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2013 New York

New monthly Tree House thread.

Always check out the following link to see what is available for sale, starting on Wednesday. Cans and Tree House growlers are sold and filled at the brewery only. Must be Tree House growlers per MA law. There was a bottle release recently (Double Shot bottles, limit 1pp) but bottles are probably going to be rare.

http://treehousebrew.com/on-tap/

Yes, limits are enforced and subject to change at the brewery's discretion. Only one time through the line, per day, and absolutely no drinking in the line. Also, don't speed through the neighborhood and don't park on the neighbor's property for any reason. They have two parking lots where you are suppose to park.

CURRENT REGULAR HOURS: Wednesday from 12-6 PM for Can Sales Only. Growlers & Can sales Thurs. & Fri 5-8 PM & Saturday Growlers & Can sales from 11 AM - 6 PM.

#1 NiceBeerCans, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  2. Shwilly_Vanilli

Shwilly_Vanilli Initiate (148) Dec 20, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

Haze tomorrow. 6pp.

3. JoeB51982

JoeB51982 Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2008 Rhode Island

I like what you did there.

NiceBeerCans likes this.
  4. Lupin

Lupin Aspirant (283) Jun 4, 2006 Connecticut
    Trader

It's sort of three lots now that they are opening up the field gate up.

jcoleMA66 and skleice like this.
  5. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Aspirant (263) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

Nate shared a vid on twitter of the trailers being removed from the main lot, at least for now. Anyone know what they stored inside them? I sorta thought it might be can storage but it's probably not the cleanest inside there. More stainless?

6. eb1610

eb1610 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts

I always wondered this myself

7. DigitalNate

DigitalNate Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2010 Massachusetts
    Brewery

8. PeterPGH

PeterPGH Aspirant (203) Oct 30, 2015 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Any educated guesses on when GM will be released next?

9. eb1610

No. Could be Thursday or sometime in September

Mikecap likes this.
  10. Piels25

Piels25 Aspirant (211) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

11. Lupin

Lupin Aspirant (283) Jun 4, 2006 Connecticut
    Trader

Speculated on this last night but my post was deleted for using off-topic media. Lesson learned.

The TL;DR version was that it's generally released once a quarter, the last (November) batch used up the last of Nate's "preferred" syrup, and the local sugaring house that makes the syrup they use just did their first boil on 2/18. My guess would be somewhere between the middle of this month and the beginning of April. Note that the official description for GM says "late season" syrup, as well.

12. agreenman19

agreenman19 Poo-Bah (1,927) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Someone on Twitter asked if they were doing GM soon, and they said not for a while.

Who knows what a "while" means, but probably safe to say not for a couple more months.

13. Chaaaarlieeee

Chaaaarlieeee Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2012 Rhode Island

Forget GM. I want to know when that mixed fermentation beer is coming out. I think the bottling of Double Shot was a test run of whatever bottling line they have. I should probably just get in line now.

Evmo31 and dubdrop like this.
  14. mewithstewpid

mewithstewpid Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2015 Connecticut

they did a farmhouse/sour: lucid

there is also lucid w/ peaches somewhere.

15. Guzzle_McBrew

Guzzle_McBrew Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2014 Connecticut

They used an old Italian bottling machine for the original Lucid bottles back in 2014 (which are exceptionally good at this point. Much change since release - nice vinous notes match a lacto tartness that formed in the bottle). Not sure what they are doing now since I can't imagine it would be fun bottling huge batches of stouts without consistent automation. Lucid was a ~660 bottle release, and that was back when things were more manageable all around. Can't imagine they will be bottling 4 by 4 these days.

I am curious if Lucid Peaches will ever make a public release -my guess is it will be like Truth - only for festivities. It was created back when things were more mellow and with Nate's dedication to fairness I don't know how they could manage a bottle release these days, especially with the amount of mania surrounding their beer and releases. Time will tell.

The mixed fermentation stuff in the barrels is interesting. I am curious if that was what Creature Comforts collaborated on with TH, despite the general assumption that they must have done a maple stout given both of their successes with that.

I want to see Brendan make some fruited Berliners!!

Mikecap, Evmo31 and JGLittle like this.
  16. Chaaaarlieeee

Chaaaarlieeee Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2012 Rhode Island

I was referring to a picture I saw a couple months ago with some folks hunched over a barrel and buckets labeled "Brett" littered about. I'm trying to dig it up off FB but can't find it.

17. Evmo31

Evmo31 Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2015 Connecticut

I think i've heard once or twice (rumor of course) that the creature comforts collab is a berliner weiss. Nate and co have been talking about mixed fermantation since they announced plans to build the new brewery, i also saw something regarding that on twitter recently, heres the tweet from a few days ago: @Echo11B mixed fermentation projects in the works, yep.
    I kind of hope treehouse considers a lottery system for any big bottle releases in the future. I can't imagine how crazy the swarms of people would be if they release a fruited sour, or good morning, maybe even barrel aged stouts in bottles.

18. jonphisher

jonphisher Devotee (403) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

I tried searching and couldn't find the answer so hopefully someone can help me out. Can you buy merch (glasses, taster, etc.) on Wednesdays even though it's can sales only? Thanks in advance.

19. eb1610

yes

jonphisher likes this.
  20. Bcelos

Bcelos Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2015 Connecticut

I mean theres four 500 Liter French Oak Barrels sitting in the front of the can line so something good has to be in there right? RIGHT?

21. Piels25

Piels25 Aspirant (211) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

22. JonnyJuicebox

JonnyJuicebox Initiate (140) Jun 3, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

I haven't been to treehouse since the new brewery opened. I'm feeling that itch real bad right now. Let's say I arrive at 4pm, how long do you think I'd have to wait to get growlers filled? Does it make more sense to just arrive at 5?

23. berto714

berto714 Initiate (0) Oct 16, 2014 New York

Interesting that they announced it so early. If they still announce regular releases Thursday mornings, this solidifies the idea that no announcement = something special. I thought maybe they'd do some "silent" releases of regular offerings just to throw people off.

24. jimmyfausto

jimmyfausto Initiate (34) Jul 28, 2014 Massachusetts

I went on a Thursday three weeks ago and got there at 4 and they opened within minutes, I was #135 for growlers (doubtful all who took a growler card actually elected for a fill, so we'll say #90-100) and was gone by 5:30. They'll open early when there's a really big crowd lined up before open (which is often) just to stay ahead of parking concerns. Of course this is not a guarantee, so there's a bit of risk in going early. Maybe a local who goes there frequently could weigh in.

Also, they capped growler cards at 400 that day, so going last second would be a risk too.

25. bittym87

bittym87 Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2011 Massachusetts

This was almost my exact experience two weeks ago when they did Doppleganger. Showed up at 3:55, got card #108, out around 5:15.

26. JonnyJuicebox

JonnyJuicebox Initiate (140) Jun 3, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Thanks for the help guys. Gonna give it a shot

27. seanunreal

seanunreal Initiate (116) Jul 23, 2009 Massachusetts

Are we still expecting something this afternoon as well? Or would they can something tomorrow?

28. thedon10

thedon10 Initiate (51) Nov 12, 2009 New York

Question about the can lines, sure it's been answered somewhere but can't find it.

I'm going to driving up to new england next friday, and was hoping to stop by and grab some cans. I know it depends what's released, but in general what time do I need to get there to have a good shot at some cans? Do I need to get there before 5? And what's a typical friday night wait time like? Thanks for any info.

29. NiceBeerCans

Tomorrow.....done today with three can and growler choices.

30. ctbeerguy86

ctbeerguy86 Initiate (0) Jul 28, 2015 Connecticut

Cans line is very efficient now, pending some crazy release, it'll probably take you no more than 30 minutes

31. ctbeerguy86

Maybe... there could be another growler fill tonight, something small batch

32. thedon10

Thanks for the heads up - So I could get there between 5 and 6 and likely be ok?

33. ctbeerguy86

Most likely yes, but you never know :slight_smile:

34. NiceBeerCans

That's always the hope. :slight_smile:

35. Ferocious

Ferocious Aspirant (251) Nov 17, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Rumors trickling in from Facebook that the silent release is BA Good Morning. Probably someone blowing smoke though

36. DigitalNate

DigitalNate Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2010 Massachusetts
    Brewery

Barrel-aged Good Morning doesn't - and will never - exist.

37. berto714

berto714 Initiate (0) Oct 16, 2014 New York

Apparently at least one person bought into the rumors and posted an ISO for a non-existent beer...

Ferocious, rjp217 and Evmo31 like this.
  38. agreenman19

Society Trader

If you're doing Friday, earlier is better. You'll be lucky if early Friday still has remnants from Wednesday's releases (which are typically the solid flagship-esque beers a la Julius, Green, AE, etc.), and Thursday's stock will be dwindling as well, ESPECIALLY if it's a "big" DIPA.

Very Hazy only had 10-20 cases left on Friday after a Thursday release, and those went quickly. Sometimes Thursday's release won't even last. Sometimes it will if the weather is shitty (Doppelganger last week), but Wed/Thurs stock usually runs out before the end of Friday. If Thursday's beer runs out on Thursday, chances are Wednesday's will as well. Thursday is really the best day to go for can variety.

Don't expect anything monstrous on Friday. Usually tamer stuff like Ma or Single Shot, but you shouldn't have any issues getting it.

39. thedon10

Thanks this is helpful. I guess it's pretty much just show up and hope for the best! Wish I lived closer, it's 3 hours from nyc so it's a full day commitment.

40. agreenman19

Society Trader

Just keep an eye on can amounts and what they've got available.

Do the math out to see how many people will get cans.

The most insane night at Tree House was Juice Machine where they went through 450 cases at 6pp by 7pm. That's 1800 people. I wouldn't expect to see more than that unless something really huge comes out.

Very Hazy was one of the busier nights lately, and that was roughly 1000 people through the line (and when I say "people", I mean 1000 trips through the line. In reality, some people go through twice, so you would end up with less than 1000 people). They did not run out that night.

I'd say on any given Thurs/Fri, expect maybe 600-800 people for cans. This number goes up or down by a couple hundred depending on the demand for the beer that day. If you do the math and there's enough beer for more than that many people, there's an extremely good chance you'll get the beer you want. This chance goes way up if you show up halfway through the night and not at the last minute.

For example: today there are 96 cases of haze at 3pp. That's roughly 750 people. It's likely Haze will last the night, although it may run out at the very end. If they brewed 450 cases yesterday, that means 1400 people got beer, however they were open for six hours, only three today.

There's enough AE for 900 people, so you can estimate that there will likely only be enough for a couple hundred people on Friday, which is why you'd want to get there early.

Also, keep in mind that not everybody maxes out, so the number of people served will likely be higher. But always prepare for the worst case scenario before making the trip!

Goddamn, I spend far too much time thinking about this stuff. :confused:

richardflyr, jamvt, Ferocious and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.