Tree House Brewing Company (May 2016)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by NiceBeerCans, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2013 New York

New monthly Tree House thread.

Always check out the following link to see what is available for sale, starting on Wednesday. Cans and Tree House growlers are sold and filled at the brewery only. Must be Tree House growlers per MA law. There are bottle releases randomly (i.e. Double Shot bottles) but bottles are infrequent.

http://treehousebrew.com/on-tap/

Yes, limits are enforced and subject to change at the brewery's discretion. Only one time through the line, per day, and absolutely no drinking in the line. Also, don't speed through the neighborhood and don't park on the neighbor's property for any reason. They have parking lots where you are suppose to park.

CURRENT REGULAR HOURS: Wednesday from 12-6 PM for Can Sales Only. Growlers & Can sales Thurs. & Fri 5-8 PM & Saturday Growlers & Can sales from 11 AM - 6 PM.

FOLLOW @treehousebrewco on Twitter for real time updates

@DigitalNate
    has been known to make occasional comments when speculation is not correct.

2. atakith

atakith Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2016 Connecticut

My birthday week.....prays for King Julius.

NGennaroL777 likes this.
  3. manbrick

manbrick Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2014 New York

Lights on 6 pp

Hos likes this.
  4. NEB_beer

NEB_beer Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2016 Massachusetts

My birthday week too, but no chance of me making to TH this week...

atakith likes this.
  5. atakith

Bummer bro, enjoy your day though

6. David_Deas

David_Deas Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2016 North Carolina

King Julius! King Julius! King Julius!

I'm not in the loop as far as Tree House policy. Did they ever say why they stopped making it? Are they intentionally limiting supply?

7. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (354) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

The fact this is an every week thing is really annoying

8. Jmr85

Jmr85 Aspirant (275) Nov 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

Oh boy.....

9. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Initiate (0) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts

It requires a shit-ton of hops. It's expensive to make, and if they make it too much, they could be unable to make hoppy beers later on, as they can only purchase a set amount of hops - and a set amount per hop type - in a set period of time.

Beer requires supplies. Supplies must be managed. If you want King Julius every week, start a hop farm in central Mass., figure out how to grow copious amounts of the appropriate hops (to be harvested on a rolling schedule year-round) and sell them only to Tree House.

Or, you could enjoy the fact that every week you get 5 or 6 beers from them that are absolutely amazing, despite not being their highest-rated hoppy beer on BA.

10. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

Been a while since we've seen Green... almost a month, isn't it? I miss it. Thought we'd see it last week. I pine for the best beer I know.

skleice and Evmo31 like this.
  11. David_Deas

I was going to ask about the Green but I'm afraid to based on the collective response I just got about the KJ.

12. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

Green is a regular part of their rotation - for a while, it hit every other week. Stuff like King Julius, Very Green, Juice Machine, Good Morning - beers that are very, very rarely released - get kicked around way too often in these threads. Don't take it personally - it's not you, it's just that every bloody Tuesday there's a long discussion on "Ooh, I bet King Julius hits this week! Look, the website is orange!!!" that lasts until the final beer of the week is announced Friday.

And frankly, King J is really damned good, but I like a few of their beers more - Green being my favorite.

Tree House suffers from a weird sort of scenario, where every beer they make is a hype monster, so people freak out over the hype ubermonsters all week every week.

Also, you did kind of accuse them of intentionally limiting supply of one incredibly expensive-to-make beer; that's a bit of a poke in the eye to a fantastic brewery.

13. Evmo31

Evmo31 Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2015 Connecticut

Regarding green, looks like they are running low on galaxy, from twitter:

@TreeHouseBrewCo haven't seen green in a bit, any particular reason?
    @StevinVictor spacing hop usage on it until our huge shipment comes late spring

skleice and DeweyCheatem-n-Howe like this.
  14. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

Bah, figured it was something like that. Appreciate the insight. I can't even imagine how hard it must be to deal with supply chain operations for a hop-forward brewery.

15. Capt_Quint

Capt_Quint Initiate (157) May 29, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Yup, this is turning into what the Facebook group was like a few months ago.

HeyHayward and berto714 like this.
  16. wehaveamap

wehaveamap Aspirant (207) Jan 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

tbh people getting annoyed is more annoying than people asking questions but that's just one man's opinion

weirdalchy, atakith, kliend and 2 others like this.
  17. ctbeerguy86

ctbeerguy86 Initiate (0) Jul 28, 2015 Connecticut

Maybe its just me, but my favorite beers are Green and Julius... not the special releases like King Julius and Very Green and I absolutely can't wait till I can just go up to the new brewery and pick them up without the chaos. While King J and VG are certainly a special treat, and expertly crafted, I would take the regular offers over the rare releases if I had to make a permanent choice. Hype certainly plays into the equation on some of those beers... such is the treehouse model. Still the best IPAs in the US IMO.

agreenman19 likes this.
  18. David_Deas

I merely asked, actually. Because Russian River is honest and up front about intentionally limiting supplies of the Pliny. So it stands to reason that other breweries might also be doing that as well.

No worries.

19. pisano

pisano Zealot (555) Sep 18, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

It's not the questions that are annoying, it's the absolutely pointless weekly speculation about what they are going to release. Everyone just relax and let them make the announcements when they are ready.

20. Newport_beerguy

Newport_beerguy Defender (639) Feb 24, 2011 Rhode Island
    Trader

Agreed with the above, I wanted to love King Julius but frankly liked the original better and really KJ is one of my least favorite beers (not sure why). Had to wonder if I am getting soft in my older age...holding out for a Julius Lite or Jul-a-rita?!

21. DirtyDawg10

DirtyDawg10 Initiate (132) Apr 5, 2016 Connecticut

Alter Ego and Very Hazy are my two favorite offerings from Tree House. I haven't tried the King Julius, Very Green or Juice Machine yet though. I'm not sure why people get aggravated with posts about beer on a beer forum. There are constantly new people showing up to talk about beer which is why a lot of the same topics keep coming up. If you're aggravated just relax, have a beer and ignore them. Someone else will answer their questions.

22. HeyHayward

HeyHayward Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2013 New York

Spoiler alert: Tree House will release some of the best beer you can acquire on this planet, just like every other week.

23. ke_long

ke_long Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2015 New York

I think people just get worked up because it takes a ton of effort for most of us to get up there. I'm planing a trip up to Monson on Thursday so I'm watching everything very closely and gossiping like a teenager in hopes of getting the best possible outcome for my 7 hour round trip drive up there.

kliend and DirtyDawg10 like this.
  24. jlordi12

jlordi12 Devotee (470) Jun 8, 2011 Massachusetts

Call me crazy but I'd rather get a dozen cans of something like eureka than 2/3 of KJ or VH.

ctbeerguy86, eb1610 and DeanGeorge like this.
  25. Rysk22

Rysk22 Zealot (545) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

It's very hard to scroll past posts you don't want to read...

atakith and kliend like this.
  26. asparkoflife

asparkoflife Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2011 Massachusetts

Haze just tweeted out.

27. atakith

Never in my life have I witness more complaining than on this forum. Unreal. Just scroll past what you dont like.

kliend and Rysk22 like this.
  28. BeerTraveler33

BeerTraveler33 Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2015 Pennsylvania

Haze is back baby! They have been pretty consistent since the beginning of the year with a Haze release every other week. Anyone hear any news regarding the Anniversary party?

29. agreenman19

agreenman19 Poo-Bah (2,064) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut
    Society Trader

I feel the same way. The core lineup contains some much more balanced and easy drinking beers.

The IIPAs are fun to see how they can push the limits on the beautifully crafted (IMO perfect--or as close to it) core beers, but they can be over the top sometimes. This is of course in a good way because it's mostly the same flavor just enhanced, but they do lose their balance and drinkability.

I'm realizing this as I make my way through the six Doppelgangers I got last week. When the limits are 2-3, you savor each one and treat it as the eye-opening experience it is, but when you all of a sudden have twice as many, you realize that it would be more enjoyable overall to drink six AEs instead.

chinabeergeek, kliend and ctbeerguy86 like this.
  30. DrugsDelaney

DrugsDelaney Initiate (0) Feb 15, 2016 Massachusetts

Or don't fill it with useless drivel.

This thread used to be somewhat useful or interesting.

Now it's mostly people treating it like their diary, announcing their wishes for King Julius and Juice Machine and Very King Juice Machine when A) Tree House doesn't have a release schedule, they just announce what they're selling the day of, and B) No one cares.

31. Rysk22

Rysk22 Zealot (545) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

This thread hasn't really changed for a long time. There's still plenty of useful info and yes some more new people hoping for the rare beers, but it's far from unbearable....

32. DrugsDelaney

It's been the same lame thread for a while, but I finally felt compelled to say something.

berto714 likes this.
  33. DirtyDawg10

The only thing more lame than reading a post that you don't care about is reading a post that you don't care about, about a post that you don't care about...lol. Get over yourself!

ke_long, atakith and Rysk22 like this.
  34. DrugsDelaney

Sounds like I struck a nerve. Feel free to continue posting your diary entries here.

35. DirtyDawg10

No nerve was struck. I'm just pointing out that the lameness comes from people posting that the thread is lame rather contributing to some useful topic. If you think it's lame skip over it and post something that's not lame. Thanks for your permission to post to my diary in here though.

Dear Beer Diary,
    Some people will never learn. Cheers!

Rysk22 likes this.
  36. BucketsB

BucketsB Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2011 Massachusetts

Dear Beer Diary, Lights On / Haze is about as strong a Wednesday can offering as one could hope for. I wish I could go.

skleice, DirtyDawg10 and Rysk22 like this.
  37. atakith

Dear Diary,

Beer from Treehouse is good. Something something king julius. mattserra.gif

DirtyDawg10 likes this.
  38. wehaveamap

wehaveamap Aspirant (207) Jan 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

Dear beer diary,

People on a beer forum get annoyed when other people talk about beer. What a world.

Rysk22, kliend, atakith and 1 other person like this.
  39. SenorQuesadilla

SenorQuesadilla Initiate (82) Jul 18, 2014 Connecticut
    Trader

This is like the part of Larry Wilmore's correspondents dinner speech when he tried over and over to make Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer a funny punchline.

@DrugsDelaney, I have the same pet peeves as you. The ignore button is a gift from the gods.

Rysk22 likes this.
  40. kliend

kliend Initiate (0) Apr 18, 2016 Massachusetts

Welcome to New England :wink:

edward_boumil and atakith like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.