Tree House Brewing Company (May 2016)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by NiceBeerCans, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eamonlaw

Eamonlaw Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2015 Rhode Island

Jmaz3 was your recommendation for me? Does the antique show happen along rt 20?

#121 Eamonlaw, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
  2. BAMF

BAMF Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2007 Massachusetts

Yes, man. If you are coming from the east, and you go through Sturbridge and Brimfield on route 20, you should find a different way this week. This happens 2 other weeks every summer as well. There is a website: http://brimfieldshow.org

3. NEB_beer

NEB_beer Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2016 Massachusetts

Alter Ego! Really surprised, thought it would be Good Morning or King Julius today...:wink:

4. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Initiate (0) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts

Oooooh, gonna be a good haul for Dewey today. I don't think I've ever actually gotten Alter Ego... and Green is my 2nd-favorite beer (behind Dinner).

5. MVP09

MVP09 Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2012 Massachusetts

Crazy its show opens by 6-7am on a Wed

6. CTGUY035

CTGUY035 Initiate (0) May 10, 2016 Connecticut

Of course Green and Alter the two I haven't tried on the same day when I can't get up there today. 0 Chance they will have them both at 6pp on Friday night, if anything 2 pp on probably on the Alter only. In fact Green will be gone all together by the latest tomorrow.

7. crow121

crow121 Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2010 Maryland

do growler limits still vary by that day? seen people with 2 750ml and 1 2L, but then read it's two growlers only. just a bit confusing for us TH noobs

8. Rysk22

Rysk22 Zealot (545) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

They adjust limits daily based on turnout

9. Evmo31

Evmo31 Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2015 Connecticut

^This, they also set individual limits on each beer, if the limits are overall 3 or 4 fills per person, you might only be able to get 2 750s of green or 1 64oz of green, and your other fills have to be a different beer.

10. Lupin

Lupin Devotee (493) Jun 4, 2006 Connecticut
    Society Trader

I have "only" been about 8 times this year, but I cannot recall any days where the total growler limit has been over 3 bottles so far. Part of the reason the growler line has been moving as fast as it has since the fall.

Evmo31 likes this.
  11. crow121

so based on your visits, prob looking at 3 fills per on thursdays?

12. agreenman19

agreenman19 Poo-Bah (2,064) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut
    Society Trader

3 has been pretty standard lately it seems.

13. Eamonlaw

Eamonlaw Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2015 Rhode Island

Thank You !! Even though it's a little longer I think I like this way better than going through Sturbridge!

14. Socalfan21

Socalfan21 Aspirant (231) Aug 1, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Do these guys distribute to Boston or Nah

MattIPA likes this.
  15. JGLittle

JGLittle Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2012 Massachusetts

Brewery Only. But there seem to be plenty of Boston folks who the trip regularly.

16. Socalfan21

Socalfan21 Aspirant (231) Aug 1, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Nice, thanks for the response. I'm going to be in Boston for a few days this summer so I was curious on how that worked.

JGLittle likes this.
  17. skleice

skleice Disciple (300) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

Line has been consistently 75 deep. Could this be the day first time they run out on Wednesday? People need their Green, ya hearrrrd?!

18. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (354) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

I think they're mainstream enough now that the Flea market people know about Tree House. It seemed like everyone in line around me today was heading to or coming from Brimfield.

19. eb1610

Trader

There were also a ton of people blatantly ignoring the signs to not block the doorway and to not walk behind the building which is fairly disrespectful to the brewery

20. skleice

skleice Disciple (300) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

Yeah, Dean came out to gently remind people not to walk through the farmer's property. He also reminded everybody that it was one trip through the line. By his tone, it seemed like he caught some offenders.

chinabeergeek and Mikecap like this.
  21. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

Man, that was a busy Tree House. Got there about 4:30, line was probably 50+, although they didn't have the snaking line through indoors like they do on other days, so it might have seemed longer than it was. Driving through Brimfield was a nightmare... but I gots my Green and AE, got home in time for dinner, and will be very happy for the next week or so with my 12 wunderbeers.

Evmo31 likes this.
  22. JJGittes

JJGittes Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2015 Connecticut

Similar time, similar experience. (Although coming from CT, did not have to deal with Brimfield). Steady line to the back of the driveway. Had to believe they came very close to selling out of 950 cases of Green and AE. But of course, rinse and repeat, TH retail crew was efficient and cheerful.

23. Ianrem7

Ianrem7 Initiate (23) Feb 14, 2016 Connecticut

Wow so just a tad over 1,700 people today.... Holy shit. Im just glad there was some left over for tomorrow. And that's also about $80,000 just in cans, insane.

24. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

As always. They have a great crew. A bunch of them were over tasting something that looked remarkably like a can of Castle Island Candlepin, too.

Ianrem7 likes this.
  25. Evmo31

Evmo31 Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2015 Connecticut

More like 1,800 (full allotments) according to twitter they started the day with ~475 cases of each beer. I agree, it's insane, there isn't any other brewery in the world doing what they do right now.

Ianrem7 likes this.
  26. eb1610

Trader

They were also playing around with Kegs that had Brett is bold letters on them

Mikecap likes this.
  27. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

Well, that certainly doesn't give me a little beer stiffie. No sir. Not at all.

ke_long and eb1610 like this.
  28. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Aspirant (204) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

there's been a log tagged "brett" sitting in the corner by their barrels the past couple weeks I've visited. Maybe Tree House will be the brewery that changes my mind about Brett?

29. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

For me, that was 2nd Shift out of St. Louis with their Chaotic Insecure Delusions.

30. BeerKev11

BeerKev11 Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2015 Connecticut

Seriously, I waited outside the doorway not blocking it and the people behind me were basically ready to cut me to stand in the doorway. So some respect for your fellow line waiters. I also couldn't believe the number of kids in there who weren't smart enough to bring their id with them. At least 5 people went running out and then running back in because they didn't have their ID on them.

kliend likes this.
  31. woodfinish

woodfinish Initiate (0) Aug 24, 2005 Massachusetts

Makes me remember the first time I drove to the old place in Brimfield. Maybe seven or eight people sitting around the wood stove waiting for their turn for fills, and I thought *that* was a crowd!

32. ajcuster89

ajcuster89 Aspirant (205) Apr 14, 2014 Vermont

Yeah I had to get pretty terse with the guy behind me while I was standing back not blocking the doorway. Some people man...can't take em anywhere

33. agreenman19

agreenman19 Poo-Bah (2,064) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut
    Society Trader

I can't help but think maybe something like this would be insanely effective. All it would need to be is 2ft long and placed 5ft from the door. Maybe slap a nice sign on the seatbelt that says "DO NOT BLOCK DOORWAY".

[​IMG]

34. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

Whoof, 2 pp limits today on Green and Alter Ego.

35. crow121

don't they usually drop down to 2-3 cans per on Thurs? hopefully 6-8 cans today to make up for it?

36. Ianrem7

Ianrem7 Initiate (23) Feb 14, 2016 Connecticut

Yes, by Thursday it's around 2/3 or 2/2 and then an additional 6 if it's a "staple beer" or 3/4 if it's something like doppelganger, ect

37. HeyLady

HeyLady Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2015 New York

Not sure if this has been mentioned. Did anyone else notice the updated cover photo on their Twitter account. Looks like floor plans of the new brewery.

38. MarkJC1018

MarkJC1018 Aspirant (271) Dec 27, 2009 Massachusetts

Eureka w/ Mosaic today. 6/pp.

39. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

Sometimes. Well, a lot of the time. 3pp is fairly common, 2pp if Wednesday is nuts, and in my view, 2pp for both of Wednesday's beers reflects a huge can day.

But 6pp Eureka with Mosaic helps. More variety than yesterday, but smaller limit on cans. Seems like Green and AE are pretty solid on growlers, at least.

40. mschofield

mschofield Meyvn (1,406) Oct 16, 2002 Massachusetts

200 BBL tanks and a 100 BBL brewhouse? Doesn't seem to match the blog post, but who knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.