Tree House Brewing Company (September 2016)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Sep 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agreenman19

agreenman19 Pooh-Bah (2,449) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Also, it's Nate & Lauren's anniversary soon, so the next iteration to follow In Perpetuity could be right around the corner...

Evmo31 likes this.
  2. agreenman19

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

King Julius! 6pp

3. F2brewers

F2brewers Maven (1,378) Mar 12, 2005 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

It would appear to be King Julius.

Let the wild rumpus begin...

cosmicdebris likes this.
  4. LukieBL

LukieBL Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2015 Massachusetts

Flame away, but this comes across as fanboy at best to straight out creepy. What a weird thing to know/keep track of...

5. SiddFinch

SiddFinch Crusader (448) Dec 18, 2013 New Hampshire
    Trader

It's not that weird. In Perpetuity released on 9/9 as a brew to celebrate their anniversary - says so right in the beer's description.

agreenman19 and eb1610 like this.
  6. ransom22

ransom22 Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2016 Uzbekistan

Damn! No Juice Machine :slight_frown:

7. infectedlobster

infectedlobster Devotee (398) Apr 22, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

It was just the phrasing. Someone who follows TH closely will know that In Perpetuity was released about a year ago and will also remember the story behind the beer (i.e. why it's likely to be an annual release).

8. Evmo31

Evmo31 Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2015 Connecticut

To add to that 1 year before in perpetuity (one time release) was released beneficiaries of chance (one time release) was brewed for their wedding. Not fanboydom at all, its one of the few releases that actually might follow a schedule. I think and would hope that it is safe to assume nate will brew a special beer to celebrate.

9. Shyla987

Shyla987 Zealot (575) Jul 18, 2013 Connecticut

Arrived at 4:10 today, lot was full and people were already leaving with cans, so they opened really early. Out with cans at 5:00, out with growlers at 6:15.

Beautiful day and everything was easy going and smooth until two things: 1) assholes (from CT! Grrr.) parking in the neighbors' driveways, I hope their cars got towed. And 2) when Julius started to kick for growlers some folks got a little bad-tempered.

10. Jbrews

Jbrews Pooh-Bah (1,800) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

Is the on tap page accurate tonight?

11. agreenman19

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Hah! It was pretty funny to see people's cars being called out by name, rather than make.

"Chris Mendez, your car is parked in the neighbor's driveway... you will be towed!"

Rather than "blue Subaru illegally parked."

I guess the police were there running people's plates.

Crazy day. Tough to find parking and it looks looks like the locals are catching on. Some neighbors are installing posts with chains on either side of their driveway to prevent people from parking... kinda sad really.

Speaking of sad, there was a guy sitting on his porch in disbelief watching people in gridlock traffic waiting for a parking space. He seemed kind of embarrassed for us, the same way you'd imagine a father sitting at the dinner table with his son dressed in full cosplay gear.

I was that son. Doesn't matter though, got KJ. :slight_frown:

kliend and Shyla987 like this.
  12. Joenap419

Joenap419 Zealot (604) Dec 11, 2015 Rhode Island
    Trader

Am I wrong for leaving my house at 515 to make hour and 40 minute drive to guarantee I get kj?

13. Joenap419

Trader

Guess not since there are 20+ people b4 7

14. crowlcrowlcrowl

crowlcrowlcrowl Initiate (0) Jun 13, 2014 New York
    Trader

Apparently all their beer for today is already accounted for, based on the current line. Some people need additional hobbies.

15. eb1610

eb1610 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Ya, that is just ridiculous

16. JohnnieB71

JohnnieB71 Initiate (0) May 7, 2016 New York

That's craziness! Also beer accounted for 2 hours before opening! I'm very thankful that I'm happy with their standard offerings! Of course the standard offerings are next level compared to many of their competitors.

skleice likes this.
  17. crowlcrowlcrowl

crowlcrowlcrowl Initiate (0) Jun 13, 2014 New York
    Trader

I'm not there, but I would have to guess that at least 30-40% of the line are mules.

18. Joenap419

Trader

I'd say by looking at line (I was there) that it was prob close to 40% mules. A lot of regulars though.

19. thedaveofbeer

thedaveofbeer Savant (1,169) Mar 25, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

How do you know if someone is a mule?

cskillage likes this.
  20. dubdrop

dubdrop Savant (1,027) Aug 6, 2012 Vermont
    Trader

just from appearances, i'd say its next to impossible and pretty judgmental to assume someone is there just to mule. for example, i have friends there this morning that the guy no longer drinks, but is there with his gf who loves craft beer. looking at them, you'd think the complete opposite. i've also stood in line with older people who you could easily call grandparents, but were definitely there for themselves. not gonna say there aren't a lot of mules/llamas, but really, who cares?

and honestly, what's the point of complaining? mules are gonna mule, tickers are gonna tick. if you want a rare beer, play the game or stop complaining. complaining certainly isn't going to build the new facility in Charlton any faster. personally, i'm content getting the regular offerings and occasionally lucking into a special release, but i'm not gonna get up at 5am on a saturday to drive to monson for 3 cans of beer.

all that said, i'm feeling lucky today that said friends who went this morning will be coming to my house later and i'll finally get to try King Julius after 2.5 years of supporting Tree House and probably over 30 visits...pretty psyched!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.