Tree House Brewing Company (September 2018)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Sep 1, 2018.

1. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Aspirant (245) Mar 16, 2013 New York
    Trader

New brewery location is now open.

Hours: Tuesday 2-8p Cans & Draft Pours, Wednesday - Friday 12-8p Cans Only, Saturday 11-7p Cans & Draft Pours (Last call 6:30 PM for pints) (as of 9/1/18)

OUR MONSON BREWERY IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED. PLEASE VISIT US AT 129 STURBRIDGE ROAD, CHARLTON.

Important links:

http://treehousebrew.com/on-tap/ also lists food truck and music for the upcoming day

http://treehousebrew.com/faq/

FOLLOW @treehousebrewco on Twitter for real time updates

@DigitalNate has been known to make occasional comments when speculation is not correct on this monthly thread.

Cans:

This week's canning schedule, not guaranteed:

+ Tuesday

+ Wednesday

+ Thursday

+ Friday

We are packaging into cans on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. Cans become available the day they are packaged. Thanks!

Pints:

As we settle into our new brewery, the availability of pints will be sporadic (except for Tuesday and Saturday) and dependent on the crowd. If we are too busy it is not possible to maintain an enjoyable and efficient experience for takeaway beer and serve pints at the same time. Stay tuned to Twitter to learn if and when pours are available.

Growlers:

While we transition to the new brewery, growler fills are temporary on hold. Fear not - they will be back. They are a huge part of what makes us Tree House.

New Glass 750 ML - $5 | 2L - $6

Parking:

REGARDING PARKING ON VERY BUSY DAYS, PLEASE HEED THE GUIDANCE OF OUR PARKING STAFF. ALSO, USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN ENTERING AND EXITING THE PROPERTY. THANK YOU!

Line:

There is just one line, the can line! You may order growlers (not available at this time) from the can line, when they become available at the new brewery. Our staff will assist you by handing out and collecting order cards for growlers while you wait for cans.

ABSOLUTELY no drinking in the line or on the outside grounds!

If you have to smoke, please step out far enough from the line so other people don't have to inhale your smoke. Thank you.

We make every effort to keep limits the same, and this is indeed the case 95% of the time. On rare occasions when we believe it will be beneficial to visitors, we will lower limits to spread the love around a bit.

ALL LIMITS POSTED ARE PER PERSON, PER DAY. No SECOND TRIPS THROUGH THE LINE during the same day even if they add new cans later in the day.

ALL WHO PURCHASE BEER AT TREE HOUSE MUST PRESENT A VALID AND CURRENT PHOTO ID, NO EXCEPTIONS.

BYOB:

The beer you purchase at Tree House can be enjoyed at Westview Creamery on East Hill Road, and at BT's Smokehouse in Sturbridge.

Nearby Bottle Shop:

Yankee Spirits in Sturbridge, is the closest. It's close to BT's Smokehouse.

submitted by @YS1977 (Yankee Spirits)

@yankeestur

Historical information on can/bottle releases:

Awesome Tree House can release spreadsheet done by @BeerTraveler33.

In his own words:

Feel free to remind me, @BeerTraveler33, to update this as I usually only update the file on my work PC and I forget to update the google doc.

He asks if anybody has any suggestions for his spreadsheet to write to him.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zWyBt7I2feobTsX5GcZvm91pn3fxuxEu-cI8oodXBi8/edit?usp=sharing

This is the spreadsheet that you seen cropped, cut, and pasted on posts. Full credit should be given to @BeerTraveler33 for creating and maintaining it.

A new spreadsheet link is below and was created (and maintained) by @jimmyfausto. Great job too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...7nENRkFSBx7NCVaSXbH9RYJ78/edit#gid=1336019541

Family history
    (thanks to @jomobono)

Julius, IPA
    • JJJuliusss, IPA. Additional hops in the kettle and dry hopping
    • King Julius, DIPA. The Imperial Version of Julius
    • King JJJuliusss DIPA. The Imperial Version of JJJuliusss
    Alter Ego, IPA The same base beer as Julius but dry hopped with mosaic and amarillo
    • Doppelganger, DIPA. The Imperial version of Alter Ego
    • Doubleganger, DIPA. Additional hops in the kettle and dry hopping of Doppelganger
    Sap, IPA
    • Sssappp, IPA. Version of Sap that utilizes larger kettle and dry hop additions
    • Super Sap, DIPA. The Imperial version of Sap

Dogs / Kids:

Children, dogs and families are always welcome at Tree House

Good Morning:

This has come up several times in the past. According to @DigitalNate, Good Morning has not been retired.

However all beers, including Good Morning, on this BA site that are listed as "limited" or in this case "rotating" and have not been released again eventually gets moved to the "archived" list, if not re-released over a period of time (forgot how long). It has nothing to do with whether or not it will actually be brewed again despite the red "This beer is retired; no longer brewed." which is added automatically by the site. This line sometimes confuses people but disappears when the beer is moved back to the "current" list.

Shuttle bus:

If you find yourself parked in the lower lot, we now provide shuttle service that runs thru every 5 minutes or so...now you don't have to exercise to get up that hill (although some of us could use the workout). :stuck_out_tongue:

2. ScaryEd

ScaryEd Poo-Bah (1,577) Feb 19, 2012 New Hampshire

This batch of Old Man is fire.

Haters gonna hate.

3. ScaryEd

Most recent Julius is drinking exceptionally as well. Either the mango flavor has become more pronounced or it was missing before and has been dialed back in the last couple batches.

Either way, amazing as always.

God I'm such a disgusting neckbeard fanboy.

forum8417 likes this.
  4. JLK7299

JLK7299 Champion (857) Apr 21, 2016 Connecticut
    Premium Trader

Happy Septemnckbeard!

5. TreeHouse_Erection

TreeHouse_Erection Initiate (46) Aug 7, 2018 Connecticut

The last 2 or 3 Julius batches have been amazing. This latest one was actually tasting similarly to King Julius. Had an extra dankness that KJ definitely had.

6. Jlabs

Jlabs Champion (807) Nov 11, 2013 New York
    Trader

AAALTERRR EGO - 12pp

7. TreeHouse_Erection

They confirmed on twitter that Aaalterrr = jjjuliusss base beer(as we all kind of knew). They've released it 3 times since June (I think) and haven't released jjj in years.

spersichilli likes this.
  8. spersichilli

spersichilli Initiate (32) Apr 26, 2018 Florida
    Trader

And they've put out doubleganger a bunch too and King JJJuliusss hasn't been out in years

9. ScaryEd

Wasn't a big fan of Aaalter.

10. Rysk22

Rysk22 Initiate (169) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts

Gotta leave something to be desired

11. cmoney13

cmoney13 Initiate (77) Sep 9, 2017 Massachusetts

me neither though it got better ~week 4. Prob the worst TH IPA I've had. Either that or doppelpaste.

12. spersichilli

spersichilli Initiate (32) Apr 26, 2018 Florida
    Trader

More of a comment of how surprising it is they put doubleganger out so much. Not complaining though since it’s probably my favorite beer they do

TreeHouse_Erection and Rysk22 like this.
  13. ScaryEd

Thing is, I love Alter and Doppel, and Doubleganger is one of their best beers IMO. I had the first batch of Aaalter and it was too dank and had that sweet/sour gym sock flavor. Didn't taste anything like Alter to me.

Maybe once it's available at a case pp I'll buy it again so I can try it over the course of a month.

14. Worcester90

Worcester90 Initiate (125) May 9, 2017 Massachusetts
    Trader

Have to just say that this last batch of Haze (OG label) is fantastic. Haven’t been out to the brewery in months and decided to take a ride and get a pour while I was there. That was the first time I’ve been there and it wasn’t a madhouse. It was pretty nice.

But back to this Haze, it’s maybe the best batch I’ve had. I can’t remember Monson Haze, it’s been over a year. But I don’t know how it could’ve been any better. Just a soft, peach bomb. Also, side note, Double Shot 6th Anni was everything I love about a coffee stout.

forum8417 likes this.
  15. CTHopman

CTHopman Initiate (111) Jul 22, 2016 Connecticut

So you acknowledge 3 brews that you "love" including the one and only that is the base beer. You were not fond of the subject beer but are waiting for it to be available at a case per clip. Hint: drink the TH brews that you actually like or perhaps try something from the hundreds of NE breweries with thousands of offerings. Else, buy a few TripleAR at a time and see if you can "acclimate". I agree it is a bit odd as relates to the base but a case of a brew you aren't exactly fond of seems "ambitious".

16. ScaryEd

I wasn't being entirely serious with that comment. It was more of a comment about how Doppelganger and Doubleganger (alt versions of King Julius and King Jjjuliusss, respectively) are getting large allotments. The batch of Aaalter I had was at 3 pp. This one was 12 pp and made it through the day.

17. cmoney13

cmoney13 Initiate (77) Sep 9, 2017 Massachusetts

it was 12pp last time too.

18. CTHopman

CTHopman Initiate (111) Jul 22, 2016 Connecticut

They do seem to ignore the extended Julius lineage.

19. Sweatshirt

Sweatshirt Disciple (309) Jan 27, 2014 New Hampshire
    Trader

Aaalter isn't ready. Faaalter. Julius is tasting better still not a fave of mine.

20. TreeHouse_Erection

I only had one can of Aaalter last release and I enjoyed it a lot. For me, it was a step up from Alter and quite a different taste than Doppelganger which is one of my all time favorites.

21. BRoweski30

BRoweski30 Initiate (66) Sep 10, 2016 Massachusetts

I agree. I thought Aaalter was an all timer when I tried it the first time it was released.

On another note, the variety lately has been awesome. I'd love to see Trail Magic and Eureka this week on top of a Super Sap. Heading through Friday and would love to grab a few different styles for the new beer fridge.

Gsulliv2 likes this.
  22. TreeHouse_Erection

Super Sap and Sssappp are so far under the radar it's crazy. I like Sap but the two variants are some of the tastiest beers on the planet

23. Worcester90

Worcester90 Initiate (125) May 9, 2017 Massachusetts
    Trader

I second this. Super Sap remains my favorite hoppy beer from them and one of my favorite hoppy beers in general.

24. JLK7299

JLK7299 Champion (857) Apr 21, 2016 Connecticut
    Premium Trader

Bear today. I love Browns, sorry I cant go :-(

25. prior2two

prior2two Disciple (343) Oct 18, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

So, I’m currently in town visiting and thinking about making the trek from the city.

What are the chances drafts will be available today if I head out? I’m kind of ignorant to the whole thing, so just looking for some insight.

Today is my best opportunity, and I fore sure won’t have a chance on Saturday.

26. LukieBL

LukieBL Initiate (93) Jun 10, 2015 Massachusetts

But I thought it was "LOL at ever going there again" from you?

I'm sure these were all gifted beers too, right?

NYR-Zuuuuc likes this.
  27. pbrian

pbrian Zealot (598) Feb 8, 2001 Connecticut

Just a guess, but I'd say drafts would be a sure bet in an hour or two. Great line up today, but nothing to create a madhouse.

28. prior2two

Trader

Cool. Thanks! I’ll head down then. Worst case, I need to kill some time.

29. pbrian

pbrian Zealot (598) Feb 8, 2001 Connecticut

They already tweeted drafts are flowing. Enjoy!

spersichilli likes this.
  30. GabrielEVH

GabrielEVH Initiate (135) Mar 24, 2016 Massachusetts

I hope Bear lasts for a couple days. Been on my short list for awhile. Too bad it only appears once a year. Why have bready or biscuity malts this time of year when you can have toasty-bready malts!

#teambrownale

likeadabeer likes this.
  31. TreeHouse_Erection

Let us know how Very Green with pineapple is.... even if we already know it's amazing

32. thedaveofbeer

thedaveofbeer Initiate (126) Mar 25, 2016 Massachusetts

I bet it tastes like pineapple juice, which is to say, a terrible waste of a perfectly good pour of very green.

33. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (4,889) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Trader

This guy gets it.

34. thedon10

thedon10 Initiate (103) Nov 12, 2009 New York

What have Saturday’s been like in terms of wait times for draft/cans? Never been on a Saturday but will be in the area and debating bringing a couple family members along. Don’t really want them to have to wait 45+ mins for a beer...

35. prior2two

Trader

I honestly completely missed it :confused:

I went with double shot and Julius/hurricane split.

Glad I did, as I wasn’t the biggest fan of hurricane, and passed on the cans - I opted for tornado in addition to the staples and bear.

I’m in love with the regular pales, but the doubles are too much.

36. Sweatshirt

Sweatshirt Disciple (309) Jan 27, 2014 New Hampshire
    Trader

My buddy at work goes every week. I gift him my locals and beers from my travels all the time. He does likewise. All the people who hoard beers under the guise of 'sharing with friends' and it actually happening is somehow unbelievable? Okay...

I'm never physically going to TH again. I surely wouldn't pay money for Julius if I did. I'll still chime in on the beers when they come my way. Block me if my thoughts on the beer are too much for your delicate sensibilities.

37. mrmattosgood

mrmattosgood Initiate (91) Nov 6, 2010 New Hampshire

This Beer Advocate review of Green is fire. Highlighted are my highlights.

3.84/5 rDev -16.2%
    look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This can is officially 3 months old today, so while the look and smell are pretty wonderful, the taste is underwhelming to say the least.
    I'm not getting much too more than a strong Budweiser taste. It's actually sort of odd in comparison to the aromatic bouquet which carries sweet notes of honey and roses.
    It definitely has a full round feel to it.
    The carbonation carries large bubbles that melt-in-your-mouth not tiny ones that pop and fizzle.
    There is a sightly bitter aftertaste that lingers in the top of the mouth.
    You can tell that it was once a craft lager with a lot more to offer, but at the end of its life today.

38. Jlabs

Jlabs Champion (807) Nov 11, 2013 New York
    Trader

Julius - 1case PP - 2500 cases available

prior2two likes this.
  39. killamonjaro

killamonjaro Initiate (50) Nov 24, 2017 Massachusetts

Sounds like that should’ve been a 4.5

likeadabeer likes this.
  40. likeadabeer

likeadabeer Initiate (39) May 19, 2015 Pennsylvania

Sounds like you have some delicate sensibilities yourself, Mr. Negativity.