Trillium fireplace bananas

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by Craftybrews671, May 20, 2018.

1. Craftybrews671

Craftybrews671 Initiate (0) May 15, 2017 Virginia

I just picked up a couple bottles of fireplace bananas and was wondering if anyone knows if i can age them?

2. TheGent

TheGent Meyvn (1,396) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Premium Trader

Disclaimer: I’ve never had this beer.

1. Yes, you can age them. That is your right as the owner.

2. Rather than creating the same thread every time you acquire a new beer, why not just create an on going thread where you can ask the same question every time about the subject beer? (In the Cellaring / Aging forum)

3. Is this beer not already aged for several months given the date on which it was released? (Unless of course it was brewed again)

4. If you have two, especially given the fact that it is already aged, drink one now. If you like it, drink them both now.

3. oldbean

oldbean Aspirant (272) Jun 30, 2005 Massachusetts

The most conclusive way to answer this question is to actually try it.

4. youradhere

youradhere Zealot (516) Feb 29, 2008 Washington
    Trader

Riffing off what has already been said- does the flavor seem like “too much”? If so then aging could benefit it for you. Not knowing what the Trillium beer is, but having bananas in the title tells me there is said starch in it, and that banana flavor will fade with time.

Lahey and BigIslandfarmer like this.
  5. Mattttt

Mattttt Initiate (49) Feb 20, 2018 New York
    Trader

going to give you a straight answer: no. had this recently on tap at trillium canton and the banana is almost entirely faded by now. drink it asap.

Lahey likes this.
  6. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Meyvn (1,245) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado

Aging anything is a crap shoot. Things just seem to change, more often for the worse.

7. liquorpig

liquorpig Zealot (596) Sep 6, 2008 Massachusetts

Drinking one right now. Not having drank one when it first came out, not sure how this compares. The banana flavor is there but subtle. I'm not sure this will improve over time. I've got another one in the cellar that I think I'll drink sooner rather than later.