Trillium's Head brewer stepping down?

Discussion in 'New England' started by atdunn9, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atdunn9

atdunn9 Initiate (0) Feb 13, 2013 Massachusetts

This Instagram post was just made on what I believe used to be there Instagram account, saying that the brewer will be leaving.

2. Rekrule

Rekrule Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2011 Massachusetts

3. huuvola

huuvola Initiate (133) Oct 29, 2005 Massachusetts

Owner JC Tetreault brews beers, but Adam Goodwin is designated as the head brewer. Excerpt from this article:

Trillium’s core lineup are four beers that [owner JC Tetreault] worked on over the course of homebrewing and pilot brewing, and that their head brewer Adam Goodwin helped to refine and tweak...

atdunn9 and Rekrule like this.
  4. JCTetreault

JCTetreault Initiate (162) Mar 19, 2008 Massachusetts

hey all, yes, Adam Goodwin has been Trillium's brewer from day 1 (and well before). I (JC) am the 'Founder/Brewer' as we started the company with me still working a full time job...just started working full time at trillium a couple weeks ago.

Adam is and forever will be one of the key reasons why Trillium is what it is.

He not only was the first and only employee for a while (those of you who work at breweries know how grueling that can be) that developed our core systems and processes but he's also the kind of guy who built our draft cooler (bit of an upgrade from our chest freezer keezer we started with), a couple stairwells/handrails, boil kettle steam venting system, and a whole bunch of other things that make a start up brewery more and more functional/efficient. The whole team has already missed him for sure, but he has other opportunities to pursue; I'm sure excited for what we'll see from him in the future. Zach Page has been with us from our pre-opening/pilot brewing & recipe formulation days at Greentown Labs on A street, and has been assisting Adam. Zach is now our very capable brewer...we're not missing a beat, Zach is leading the brew on another batch of Sleeper Street IPA, while Paul and I (w/ Jonathan and Karl helping out) package two batches of beer.

We're certainly sad to see him go, but i'm very confident in our team and excited for where we're going. Cheers to adam, look for him to bust out w/ something pretty cool in the future. cheers, JC

BBQSteve, Gushue3, PrimeBeer and 18 others like this.
  5. jbertsch

jbertsch Meyvn (1,155) Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts

Hard to think there are other opportunities to pursue that are better than being head brewer at Trillium right now – one of the hottest local breweries with a ton of momentum. But who knows…good luck to Adam.

6. JCTetreault

thanks for that, but there are plenty of opportunities for guys like adam

7. rjp217

rjp217 Poo-Bah (1,521) Apr 24, 2012 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

This is my nightmare. I don't like change :slight_frown:

Kelp likes this.
  8. JCTetreault

ha, no worries...you quite possibly have already had a beer brewed w/ Zach at the wheel

Pahn and rjp217 like this.
  9. backbaybrewer

backbaybrewer Initiate (0) Feb 26, 2010 Massachusetts

Well, perhaps the opportunity is being the head brewer of his own place, rather than head brewer of somebody else's brewery. I absolutely do not have any reason to think that's the case. I'm just saying that would be an opportunity that I think would be worth leaving Trillium for, as great as Trillium is.

As for us consumers, this is great news in a way. I'm confident Trillium will continue to be just as great as it has been over this past year, and now it sounds like something new and amazing will enter the market in the future from Adam. More great beer for all of us.

atdunn9, woodfinish, Auror and 2 others like this.
  10. jbertsch

jbertsch Meyvn (1,155) Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts

Totally agree. I really meant I can't imagine there are many opportunities better...
    Assuming there is no noticeable change to beers brewed post-Adam - which it looks like there isn't - this should be a win for us.

11. Jbrews

Jbrews Aspirant (272) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire

Please don't ever change FPPA, we love your taste and smell

FrankLloydMike and MattOC like this.
  12. HighLowJack

HighLowJack Disciple (378) Jun 5, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

he may have just left for a better paying job at a bigger brewery - as a startup I'm sure Trillium was running pretty lean and mean. anyways there are a few possibilities that could make sense.

jamvt likes this.
  13. jamvt

jamvt Disciple (377) Aug 5, 2005 Massachusetts
    Trader

This.

14. HeavyDandtheGirls

HeavyDandtheGirls Aspirant (208) Mar 7, 2014 Massachusetts

Please don't ever change FPPA, we love your taste and smell

Whoever brewed the last batch did a great job.

Pahn likes this.
  15. Pahn

Pahn Meyvn (1,454) Dec 2, 2009 New York

oh man. i just got to try some trillium beer and was blown away. my friend in boston has been raving about the other offerings as well. hope you guys can keep up the good work without him, and best of luck to both of you.

16. willbm3

willbm3 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2010 Massachusetts

He's actually stepping down to operate a parking lot near Trillium and Row 34. WAY more profitable

17. nolanz14

nolanz14 Aspirant (265) Aug 31, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

Hopefully he's a lot nicer than the guy who runs it now.

dwmetsfan13 likes this.
  18. jefffalcone

jefffalcone Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2013 Massachusetts

Whoever brewed the sprang definitely has my approval. Hope it's the new guy, because that stuff is delicious.

seanwhite likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.