Trip to hatteras

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by Trackim, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trackim

Trackim Initiate (0) Aug 18, 2012 Vermont

Makin the trip to hatteras on Saturday, coming from vt. Looking for any great bottle shops or breweries along the way. Would prefer a store that may have some 120 or wws if even possible. Thoughts, opinions, feedback appreciated!!

2. rgordon

rgordon Pooh-Bah (2,677) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society

Hell, you're headed to the edge of Earth. What is your route? Coming from north, maybe Norfolk, but locals should chime in on spots in between. Nags Head has some good places (Chips?), where you can get some N.C. goodies not available in Tidewater. Should be absolutely beautiful. Have fun.

VinceMig likes this.
  3. Trackim

Ya was reading. About chips. Gonna be comin 87, 95, jersey turnpike etc. want to make a trip to foothills but it's about 5.5 from hatteras I think.

4. dbrauneis

dbrauneis Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,837) Dec 8, 2007 North Carolina
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Can't get WWS or 120 Minute in NC (over the 15% ABV cap) so you should plan on grabbing those before you arrive (definitely available in NY and NJ, possibly VA).

5. Trackim

Thanks for the heads up. Road trips always take about. 2 hours longer then they should because I try and stop in every state. Jus gotta plan the right stores.

6. rgordon

rgordon Pooh-Bah (2,677) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society

Yep. Goin across Carolina that way is like Vermont to Virginia. Foothills is great and you can stop at Sams in Durham and Bestway in Greensboro if you decide to ride. Personally, I'd hang with the ponies and the ocean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.