Trip to SC

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by atdunn9, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atdunn9

atdunn9 Initiate (0) Feb 13, 2013 Massachusetts

Hey everyone!

I am planning on taking a trip to visit a friend who lives near Myrtle Beach next weekend and was wondering what breweries/beers I should keep an eye out for while I am down there. I will be looking for some things from Bells as they do not distribute to Massachusetts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

2. carrollmel7

carrollmel7 Aspirant (294) Aug 23, 2009 North Carolina

http://www.myrtlebeachcraftbeer.com/

That site should help. Go to The Pig at Market Common. They will have the best selection. If you are looking for any SC beers I think Westbrook and Coast are your best choices.

johntangus likes this.
  3. atdunn9

Thanks! I was planning on going to The Pig as it has some really great reviews on here. That's awesome they have a growler filling station as well. No liquor stores up in Massachusetts have those to my knowledge. Do you know they will fill 750ml and 2L growlers or is it just 2L ones?

Coast and Westbrook look really good as well. Both have highly rated IPA's, DIPA's and Stouts.

4. carrollmel7

carrollmel7 Aspirant (294) Aug 23, 2009 North Carolina

Not quite sure about the growlers. I am pretty sure I remember them doing half fills (32 oz.) and the 64 oz. Also meant to add check out Sweetwater and Terrapin also.

5. JulianB

JulianB Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2012 South Carolina

Which weekend, and how close to Myrtle Beach? We are doing a big brew day and bottle share on St. Patty's day in Florence (which actually reminds me I need to make a thread about it soon), which isn't much of a drive, if you're there over that weekend and you guys want to drive an hour.

6. atdunn9

I just looked at some other sites and they mentioned that they do only 32oz fills and 64oz fills. Sadly my Hill Farmstead Growlers are 750ml and 2L so I will have to get some growlers there.

7. JulianB

JulianB Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2012 South Carolina

One nice thing about SC is that new growlers tend to be pretty cheap.

8. atdunn9

My friend lives 15 minutes from Myrle Beach. We will be in SC from the morning of the 16th to the afternoon of the 20th. Mind elaborating on the brew day and bottle share?

9. atdunn9

Great to know! The HF growlers were $3 and $10 for the 750ml and 2L respectively.

10. Beermeplease13

Beermeplease13 Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2010 Illinois

They do 32oz, 64oz, and 128oz growlers at the Pig. They should still have Frangelic Mountain Brown and Bolt Cutter on the shelf too, believe it or not.

11. rbradley

rbradley Initiate (182) May 11, 2011 South Carolina
    Trader

They'll fill your 2L growler as a 64oz...I wouldn't bank on the 750mL though as most places down here bottle fill via a tube over the faucet (compared to within the opening)...thus, you'd have one hell of a time filling those unless the guy filling knows what's up.

12. atdunn9

http://www.myrtlebeachcraftbeer.com/ site says they have Sucks on draft still too. Not sure how fresh that is but will definitely be filling up if its still on draft when I arrive. Would love to get a bottle of Bolt Cutter too.

13. atdunn9

Good to know. I might call them early next week to confirm and check prices on growlers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.