Trip to Stockton from LA

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Yabu, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (269) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

Making plans this weekend, and I'm wondering if there are any places in Stockton (or around the area) that are worth checking out? Search the forums, but couldn't find anything. I wouldn't be surprised if the resounding answer is...Nothing...
    Thanks in advance!

2. IQBlue

IQBlue Initiate (132) Oct 2, 2014 California

You're better off driving up to Sacramento...but there are a couple of places we have. Taps Barrel House opened not too long ago and The Abbey and they're about 2 blocks apart. Taps has a lot of beers from Highwater.

Not many people plan trips to Stockton so it was surprising to see this.

danscott likes this.
  3. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (269) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

Thanks , I wish I had time to go up to Sacramento. a death of the family brings me to Stockton.
    Thanks

4. VitisVinifera

VitisVinifera Initiate (136) Feb 25, 2013 California

60+ winery tasting rooms in Lodi. That's by far the best thing around here. Otherwise as previously stated Sacramento.

Zhiguli likes this.
  5. StoutSnob40

StoutSnob40 Poo-Bah (2,534) Jan 4, 2013 California
    Society Trader

6. CJNAPS

CJNAPS Meyvn (1,089) Nov 3, 2013 California

7. danscott

danscott Aspirant (206) Jul 15, 2006 California

DO NOT GO TO VALLEY BREWING COMPANY. 100% garbage, the owner is pure evil and nobody remotely associated with the regional craft beer community or the local restaurant world will have anything to do with them. I don't think they've made beer there in years.

Jeeze.

Yes, there are three excellent places.
    1. Taps Barrel House has 28 taps and is the "unofficial" home of High Water Brewing, which is excellent.
    2. Abbey Tavern has good food and Belgian beer.
    3. Lodi Brewing Company is now helmed by Bill Wood who won Brewer of the Year at GABF some time ago.

CJNAPS likes this.
  8. danscott

Condolences.

CJNAPS likes this.
  9. CJNAPS

CJNAPS Meyvn (1,089) Nov 3, 2013 California

ok...good to know, a buddy went there and said the beer wasn't bad. no worries lol

danscott likes this.
  10. danscott

Your buddy is a big sillyhead.

11. womencantsail

womencantsail Poo-Bah (6,272) May 25, 2008 California
    Society Trader

Taps is probably the best place in Stockton these days. The Abbey has some decent stuff from time to time as well. There's a place a little further north called Squeeze Burger that has some okay taps and their burgers aren't bad.

If you're up for some degenerate ticking, you could drive up to Lodi. There are also a lot of wineries there.

There's supposed to be a new brewery called Channel Brewing opening at some point this year, but otherwise...not a whole lot going on in Stockton on the beer front.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.