Triptych Brewing

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by flat_lander, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jinx989

Jinx989 Pundit (986) Apr 22, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Friar Tuck and Hyvee are your best bets for bottles and cans, Hyvee is in the same shopping center as Binnys. You can stop by Destihl Brewery on the way to Binnys for crowler's to go its right off the Interstate, check the beer hall menu for what's available.If you find you have more time check out Lil Beaver or White Oak taprooms as well.

2. J_Mueller

J_Mueller Zealot (533) Jul 9, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

Binny's and Friar Tuck are your best bet. The Hy-Vee by Binny's also has a pretty good beer selection and should have Triptych.

Looks like Because Stout 03 and You Want the Fox Haze just dropped this week, hoping to pick some up today. Cheers!

3. FBarber

FBarber Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,161) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Excellent advice here. Binnys, HyVee and Friar Tuck - they're all within 7 minutes of each other. And there is a Krispy Kreme in there too ...

4. Jinx989

Jinx989 Pundit (986) Apr 22, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

And a Portillos or Giordano's as well.

flat_lander and Jason1221 like this.
  5. Jason1221

Jason1221 Zealot (666) Apr 7, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

I will add that these Triptych beers have been going fast in BN. If you strike out and have time for the detour, Campaign area - stores and the brewery itself - are your safest downstate bets. I will say Triptych has been knocking it out of the park lately. Everything I've had has been really great, and AJ's remains one of my favorites. You have an official fan boy here!

Not to detour the thread from the Triptych love...but in other downstate news, on the Destihl front...I was excited to see them have their base RIS Privyet w/Bananas, Cinnamon, and Vanilla available on draft and in crowlers (still on). Happy to see them have some fun on the stout side of things outside of Dos Day itself!

Jinx989, flat_lander, FBarber and 3 others like this.
  6. macewank

macewank Zealot (666) Aug 28, 2010 Illinois

Damn.. That does sound good. I'll have to swing over this evening

Jason1221 likes this.
  7. Jason1221

Trader

I think it's been there...going on two weeks. Decent ratings, too, ~4.2 so that's good! I haven't tried my crowler yet.

I will say I like these stealthy one-off brewery releases where you can also take some home.

8. Tunerstyle63

Tunerstyle63 Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

Picked up Because 03 and Fox today in western Illinois so it is out there. Not sure on the deliery schedule out on the eastern front though.

9. flat_lander

flat_lander Pooh-Bah (2,384) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I think my central IL super mule contingency gotcha covered. Looks like they canned Dank Meme today. Not sure if that'll hit distro to BloNo by Friday or not though.

I had a Fox Haze on tap the day it came out last Friday. The galaxy in it had some serious bite to it, and I love galaxy. I've got some cans in my fridge that I've been sitting on to see if it tones down a bit. I loved Because #03. Well balanced coffee stout that drinks easy despite the hot weather we've been having. My fav of the Because line so far. Definitely grab a 4 pack if you can.

BloNo guys, those raspberry or peach brett bottles still on shelf by you?

Jason1221 and ECCS like this.
  10. Jason1221

Trader

Are you talking batch401 raspberry (is it a sour)? Not sure on the bretts. I did see a peach one still here as a single bottle.

11. flat_lander

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yes, Batch 401 - No Stranger To Love is a Raspberry Brett. Priarie Peach Picnic is a peach brett. They come in 500 ml bottles.

Jason1221 likes this.
  12. Jason1221

Trader

Yes, seen both recently 'in the wild' :slight_smile:

FBarber and flat_lander like this.
  13. 3xAnthony

3xAnthony Aspirant (277) Dec 10, 2012 Illinois

At this rate, bottles of Batch 401 will be out there when we release Batch 500 in July ;-)

14. flat_lander

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I am okay with this. I like 401. Got an ETA on 1704 opening up? Pretty excited to check the new space out.

15. bshadley7

bshadley7 Devotee (363) May 31, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

Anybody know what's fresh at tryp. Would like to stop and get some dank meme if it's under a month. Driving from Chicago to Indy

16. flat_lander

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

@bshadley7 Their website is pretty good about being up to date on to go offerings. Dank Meme was canned maybe a week ago. Don't sleep on Virgil - BB aged rye barleywine. It's pretty fantastic and still available in cans from the looks of it. Fjord was recently canned and worth grabbing. Prob Neo. Lots of good stuff right now.

17. StealYourFaceStout

StealYourFaceStout Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2017 Illinois

Just have to bump this thread. Batch 500 was outstanding and from the looks of it Sweet Jumps is coming back. Triptych putting out some awesome stuff.

flat_lander and BeerMe1013 like this.
  18. flat_lander

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I will second the Batch 500 love, and see your bump sir. Who says the IL legislature can't accomplish anything?!

StealYourFaceStout likes this.
  19. kreg02

kreg02 Savant (1,210) Nov 19, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Sorry I know its late but...

StealYourFaceStout likes this.
  20. kreg02

kreg02 Savant (1,210) Nov 19, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

More current, looks like its that time of year for a Chicagoland drop!

Jason1221 and flat_lander like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.