Tröegs Nugget Nectar 2023

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by CentralPABeerDude, Dec 27, 2022.

1. retention_

retention_ (0) Jan 8, 2022 North Carolina

Wish they were still available in NC. I definitely looked forward to this release every year.

CentralPABeerDude and jonphisher like this.
  2. Spade

Spade (465) Mar 27, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Society

Looking forward to grabbing a 12-pack to enjoy as puzzle season kicks off.

Blogjackets and jonphisher like this.
  3. Giantspace

Giantspace (625) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

Call me when the batch variation issues are fixed.

Enjoy

4. CentralPABeerDude

CentralPABeerDude (120) Sep 1, 2022 Pennsylvania

What’s your number?

5. DavetotheB

DavetotheB (715) Sep 30, 2017 Pennsylvania
    Society

So, I think I'm out on NN this year. I'm usually good for a 12 pack each winter. Don't get me wrong, this is a good beer. I just don't think it's $26ish/12pk good. But...If Double Nugget gets distro again, I'm totally in. Enjoy, yall!

DCH, Rug, crazyspicychef and 3 others like this.
  6. CentralPABeerDude

I agree with you. If the price tag is the same as past years, I will not be getting it.

7. bret27

bret27 (770) Mar 10, 2009 California
    Society Trader

Is puzzle season just doing puzzles?

8. CentralPABeerDude

Was wondering the same thing . . .

BMBCLT and LoganFarinhas like this.
  9. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa (735) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

Maybe you need to solve the puzzle to know the answer!?! :wink:

Cheers!

10. Spade

Society

Yep. The holiday decorations go away and the puzzles come out.

11. ESHBG

ESHBG (420) Jul 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

Anymore I just grab a few singles from different batches to compare them but it's no longer a seasonal beer I must have. But my thoughts also re: DNN, I passed on it last year (it sold out quickly and when I finally did come across it, it was sitting on a warm shelf with some age on it) but would like to try it this year...and with how beer sells around me this year in comparison to prior years, I don't foresee having any issues getting a hold of at least a single.

12. richOutsidePhilly

richOutsidePhilly (225) Jan 27, 2021 Pennsylvania

Similar for me. Last year, came across one solitary DNN. And then, all gone, everywhere. Been waiting and searching since. It's taken on a mythical status in my mind, which pretty much will doom it for the next time. But keep hope alive!

Blogjackets, ESHBG and DavetotheB like this.
  13. ESHBG

My theory is it will be easy to get a hold of this year as it is no longer new and due to its success last year they will brew more. Fingers crossed!

14. Bhubbard34

Bhubbard34 (570) Mar 4, 2016 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Wow where are you in PA where it sells out quickly? I’m in SE PA and once it hits shelves it’s readily available for about 2+ months it seems

Spade likes this.
  15. richOutsidePhilly

richOutsidePhilly (225) Jan 27, 2021 Pennsylvania

You may be on to something. Last year Hardywood Gingerbread Stout followed the DNN playbook. Now, everybody's carrying it.
    Altho I might be on to something too. I'm not as crazy about the Gingerbread Stout as before. Go figure.

ESHBG likes this.
  16. crazyspicychef

crazyspicychef (0) Sep 27, 2012 Pennsylvania

I hear Tröegs has the Flying Mouflon sans bourbon barrels on tap only at the brewery.
    I'm too lazy to drive the 40 min round trip, sure wish it was bottled, I'd definitely grab a few.
    That stuff was good.
    I drank so much Nugget Nectar I don't even want to smell it.

BigIronH likes this.
  17. ESHBG

I was referring to Double Nugget Nectar, not regular NN. I'm in SEPA also and DNN sold out quickly around me (which I expected, as it was a new beer last year, came later than NN, and retailers didn't order too much since they had a lot of NN).

jonphisher and Bhubbard34 like this.
  18. Spade

Society

Was Double Nugget Nectar distributed last year? I don't remember that. Either never showed up in my area or sold out fast. Wasn't it 2 years ago (early 2021) it was brewery-only and caused a kerfluffle by selling out quickly?

Bhubbard34 likes this.
  19. ESHBG

It was distributed early this year and came in four 16 oz cans like Double Blizzard. But it caused a bit of a frenzy in my area and at one Wegmans they told me I had just missed the last of it and a customer completely wiped them out and had bought it all. I did end up coming across it weeks later at a Giant but by then it had a bit of age on it and I wasn't feeling bigger beers at the time so I passed on a four pack. I was on the lookout for a single but never came across one.

I don't expect to have the same issue this year and will grab at least a single.

Edit: I am already thinking in 2023 so "last year" meant early 2022.

#20 ESHBG, Dec 30, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    Spade likes this.
  20. DIM

DIM (980) Sep 28, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Their website doesn't list Mouflan, does show another barleywine, perpetual darkness, though.

Spade likes this.
  21. Spade

Society

Cool. Don't remember the 4-packs but will keep an eye peeled this year. (Ahem, 2023.) Might grab some Double Blizzard; I enjoyed that one last winter.

ESHBG likes this.
  22. ESHBG

DB is everywhere around me this year so it should be easy to find for you. And I am with you, I enjoy it and regular Blizzard.

Spade likes this.
  23. crazyspicychef

crazyspicychef (0) Sep 27, 2012 Pennsylvania

I must have gotten out dated info. The DopplShwarz sounds great though.

ericwo and LoganFarinhas like this.
  24. Spade

Society

It's very good. Had a can the other day and was wishing I had more.

LoganFarinhas and crazyspicychef like this.
  25. JackHorzempa

Society

I wonder how many 4-packs/16 ounce cans they had left? Since you are limited to only 192 ounces per purchase (three 4-packs) at Wegmans that person would have had to make multiple trips out to the car and back to buy many 4-packs. A motivated re-seller?

Cheers!

26. ESHBG

Yep, that is exactly what they did and they went in/out multiple times according to the staff.

JackHorzempa likes this.
  27. JackHorzempa

Society

[​IMG]

BruChef and ESHBG like this.
  28. Rug

Rug (690) Aug 20, 2018 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

I'm hoping Double NN hits distro again this year

teromous, JayORear and DavetotheB like this.
  29. Spade

Society

$15.00 for a 4-pack at Morgantown Beverage. Pass. My yearly resolution is to not pay that kind of price for 64 oz. of beer.

30. ESHBG

I feel ya but that's about the going rate these days and the cheapest I can get it in my area is $13.99 but most are $14.99+; Double Nugget Nectar will be the same price.

31. hillind

hillind (345) Apr 24, 2010 Pennsylvania

Had Double Nugget on draft last year and it was excellent. When I went to find a four pack a couple days later they were all gone. Hoping it’s easier to grab this year.

jonphisher and ESHBG like this.
  32. Fordcoyote15

Fordcoyote15 (580) Nov 19, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Always love NN. Loved double even more last year. In retrospect one of the best ipa related beers that I had last year.

ESHBG, Rug and jonphisher like this.
  33. JackHorzempa

Society

Did you love it twice as much? :thinking_face:

Cheers!

34. JayORear

JayORear (700) Feb 22, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

One of my favorite beers last year, I was a little obsessed.

jonphisher, ESHBG and Rug like this.
  35. Fordcoyote15

Fordcoyote15 (580) Nov 19, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Thats tough. I hold NN in very high regard for being so classic and "beer like" that its close to being a measuring stick like I consider SNPA or weihenstaphaner original as classic beer. Beer that just kind of "tastes like beer".

I liked double nugget twice as much on a progressive scale of "new money" tasting beer but I'm quite sure I would quickly get burnt out of it if it were around full time. Regular nugget nectar though I doubt would be the case just like I never really tire of the aforementioned SNPA or weihenstephaner original.

Rug, oneraindog, ESHBG and 2 others like this.
  36. bubseymour

bubseymour (1,065) Oct 30, 2010 Maryland
    Society Trader

Are the selling in 6-12oz and also 4-16oz like last year? I’m good for the 6-12oz if it’s $13.99 or less. Pushing to $14.99 or higher it’s not priced to market properly. Average IPA sixers I’m seeing mostly at $12.99-$13.99. Heck even SNPA and Torpedo are now $12.99 per Sixer in my area.

37. Bhubbard34

Society Trader

6/12oz bottles were $13.99 at my local grocery store. Also selling 4/16oz cans or 12/12oz cans

38. CentralPABeerDude

Saw Breskis in Harrisburg has NN for $14.99 a 6 pack. They are usually a buck or 2 more than other places. Either way, it’s not worth that price in today’s world.

Can get New Trail and Ever Grain beers for $12 a 4 pack and they are substantially better.

AlfromPA, Spade and JackHorzempa like this.
  39. Bhubbard34

Society Trader

Man I can’t believe the people on here that won’t pay 2.50 a beer for a classic! I’m not saying I buy a case but I gotta grab at least a 6pack a year

jonphisher likes this.