Troegs expands distribution to NC

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by CBlack85, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBlack85

CBlack85 Defender (692) Jul 12, 2009 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

Starting in August Troegs will begin distributing to North Carolina

From their monthly newsletter:
    I am looking forward to this, I love the Perpetual IPA and the Dream Weaver wheat is quite good as well. Here is hoping that we see Nugget Nectar in the future.

2. dbrauneis

dbrauneis Site Editor (5,657) Dec 8, 2007 North Carolina
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Exciting news... Having moved down from NYC/NJ, this is a brewery that I have missed.

3. herrburgess

herrburgess Savant (985) Nov 4, 2009 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

Troegs German beers are pretty legit. Not sure they'll be able to compare to Olde Meck in terms of freshness, but a welcome addition in any case.

4. defaultroute

defaultroute Initiate (166) Aug 14, 2005 North Carolina

While this is awesome news, I was hoping we'd see Hop Back Amber. Soon enough!

DWheeler379 likes this.
  5. defaultroute

defaultroute Initiate (166) Aug 14, 2005 North Carolina

Does anyone know who they signed with for distribution? Anyone know who the local rep(s) are yet?

6. TheBeerNation

TheBeerNation Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2014 New York

That is good news, Troegs has some really good brews.

7. NoMoreBeerBelly

NoMoreBeerBelly Aspirant (225) Dec 2, 2009 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

HopBack is always in the mixed packs they do (which is on the list for first go round). Heck I was just up north and finding somewhat fresh HopBack 6'ers was near impossible where I was at.

DWheeler379 likes this.
  8. treznor

treznor Zealot (507) Dec 20, 2006 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

From what I've heard its mostly the local Bud distributors. Doesn't look like Troeg's is loaded yet on the NC ABC site as I know who the distributor is for my county (Catawba) and its not listed on the website yet, so can't tell who will distribute exactly for the rest of the state.

9. GreesyFizeek

GreesyFizeek Poo-Bah (4,020) Mar 6, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

This is the first I've heard about Hop Knife. If it's anything like Scratch 111- their "Hopcyclone" harvest ale from last year, it'll be mighty tasty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe