Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Twin Cities BA Meet Ups??

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by doner24, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doner24

doner24 Apr 16, 2013 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Hello,

I'm fairly new to posting and trading here and wondering if there are ever BA meet ups in the Twin Cities, either at a bar/brewery or a tasting at someone's home? I'm having a great time chatting and trading, but would eventually like to put some faces to avatars.

Cheers,

Jesse

Chaz likes this.
  2. Chaz

Chaz Feb 3, 2002 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

There was this one at the New Bohemia -- seemed to be going strong for a while there.
    The Meetup page lists a few (some familiar by name, some which seem to be inactive).

One or two of the more familiar, regular users here (mnstorm, isn't it?) will know the deets, but there is an active homebrew group up in 'Nordeast Minneapolis (and probably a good dozen such groups between here and Canada), so I'd imagine that that one and others like it could provide a few more good leads. There's even one on 'YahooGroups.'

I had many of these bookmarked before my non-cloud PC carshed hard this summer...

Good luck, Jesse! :)

3. NeedBeerHere

NeedBeerHere Nov 21, 2013 Minnesota

Seemed like when I was a member before there were lots of bottle shares. I'm sure if you try to set one up people will respond. Never been to a bottle share myself. I'm sort of an introvert.

4. maximum12

maximum12 Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

"Open" bottle shares were kicked off by biglobo8971 years ago & a bunch of drinking groups/friendships evolved out of those drunken evenings. But I haven't seen one put out in a long time, probably time for another.

5. EJJ1848

EJJ1848 Jun 24, 2013 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Am I under the correct assumption that MN Taprooms/Breweries don't allow outside bottle shares? I feel like I've seen some posts elsewhere in the country of bottle shares happening at taprooms.

6. shadetree67

shadetree67 Sep 11, 2013 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I'm sure it would get a decent turnout if one were set up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe