Twin Cities Bottle Hunt - 2017

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Djsaturn1, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheeseheadinMinneapolis

cheeseheadinMinneapolis Initiate (184) Sep 20, 2017 Minnesota

Oh boy watch out with comments like that. That is many peoples local store, They have a very loyal fanboy base here. I said comments like that and the loyal followers were all over me. I was buying beer there twice a week, but that wasn't loyal enough. So I stopped going there for now.

pmccallum86 likes this.
  2. NickMpls

NickMpls Initiate (83) Feb 13, 2016 Minnesota

Stating facts, I still grabbed 4 bottles and other beer. Breaking down 6 packs and money grabbing is in season with this release all over town. If you want to put a limit, that’s fair but it’s a $2.50 bottle. Oh well

3. dave43

dave43 Initiate (128) Jan 29, 2007 Minnesota

The Willetized is excellent. I went back for a case.

4. MNBeerGeek

MNBeerGeek Zealot (588) Jun 25, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

:rolling_eyes:

5. nograz

nograz Disciple (385) Oct 30, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

How were they all over you? Two people merely said that they have experienced the opposite of what you said you experienced, it is not like they attacked you. One person even suggested to reach out to the owner about your experience/complaint, did you try that? It is possible it was originally priced wrong, wouldn't be the first time that has happened.

Was Double Juicy, where you clearly stated that you do not know what the going rate for it is, an actual example of your issue with their prices? Or was that just a general comment on paying that much for that beer? It is a bit hard to tell because that post was a bit all over the place.

BigIslandfarmer and Vidblain like this.
  6. NickMpls

Well done Dave

Boldbrew likes this.
  7. cheeseheadinMinneapolis

8. ppohio

ppohio Initiate (114) Aug 5, 2011 Minnesota
    Trader

Thanks! I popped over there during lunch and picked up a couple bottles. Asked the owner and he said they had a bunch left. Also got some CW BA Barleywine which seems to be out much earlier than usual. Any other BA Barleywines in small format these days? Feels like CW's is the last one left :/

NickMpls likes this.
  9. wuuin

wuuin Initiate (0) May 16, 2007 Minnesota

I'm sure it's because of saying things like this:

True this store has improved a lot since a few years ago. But is it just because we have way more local/in state craft breweries compared to a few years ago? One person can't make a difference? I cleared the cooler shelve slot/place out of one beer a few times this past month, I'm not sure if I am the only one buying it, but I surely bought most of it.

made you come off as a jackass. and you can't say you stopped going there, you were just there last Friday.

HoppyHawk and BigIslandfarmer like this.
  10. JakeJohnson

JakeJohnson Initiate (164) Jan 30, 2015 Minnesota
    Trader

This is the second CW BBBW release of the year. The rest of the country got it in October, so it’s late. Revolution has 3 different BA barleywines coming out in the next month and a half in 12oz cans. Casanova will hopefully get some. I have to imagine Minnesota is next on Firestone Walker’s distribution list and they switched to 12oz bottles for all of their BA barleywines. Every BA Barleywine made in the state is in 750mL bottles in order to do taproom releases.

11. cheeseheadinMinneapolis

Ok I might have been there last Friday not sure but I was there last week some time. I picked up another one of Brett's Double Stuffed. I gave in and figured I best get one more before it's gone. The last of Brett's brew as we know It. Did anybody else give in and Buy any of Brett's beers? If it's your favorite brew I would.

12. JakeJohnson

Trader

13. nograz

Trader

For those of us why didn't get in on CW 20, is BA Ten Fidy and BA Silhoutte the last of the BA stouts for the season so my 401k can take time to recover?

Edit: Crap, forgot BA Darkness.

14. gatornation

gatornation Poo-Bah (5,011) Apr 18, 2007 Minnesota
    Trader

Still Have BA Darkness to come.

15. Benj68

Benj68 Initiate (49) Apr 9, 2015 Minnesota

Before the Dawn too! Although, I'm not sure when that's coming out, I don't think Steel Toe has announced it yet. It was December or January last year, but has been at different times previous years.

pmccallum86 likes this.
  16. maximum12

maximum12 Poo-Bah (4,060) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Trader

You wish.

It does seem like there's been a tornado touching down in my bank account since Black Friday. Between the 731 must-have stouts that have landed, planning for the CW Anniversary party, Huna Day, & the tap releases between now & Christmas...well, let's just say it's a good thing my wife loves beer too, or I'd have to open a secret beer-only account.

17. Benj68

TW Roseville had more BB Baptista and Triple Barrel BBB on the shelf if anyone was looking. Was there around 12:30pm for a whiskey run, can't imagine either will last long.

18. gatornation

Trader

Also Town Hall usually does their Barrel Aged Week middle of February.

JakeJohnson, Benj68, Vidblain and 2 others like this.
  19. gatornation

Trader

That Bourbon Paradise is superb! Very impressed with that one.

eawolff99, eggsurplus and Boldbrew like this.
  20. cheeseheadinMinneapolis

Anything new or interesting at Zipps?, I haven't been there since last week.

21. Vidblain

Vidblain Meyvn (1,045) Feb 17, 2017 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Seems to be a ton of Cocoa Coconut Narwhal hitting shelves (finally...). There was a case of it at Cellars Roseville this afternoon. Also BA Pentagram, etc. Still plenty of Noir and Coffee Noir as well (no Bourbon Paradise or Vanilla Noir, sadly).

MonDak_Joe1953 likes this.
  22. NickMpls

Sure is! Cracked one last night, so smooth at 15.9%

Boldbrew likes this.
  23. Benj68

Son of a bitch! I always forget about that week, it's especially hard on the wallet.

24. TonyBolognaMN

TonyBolognaMN Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2015 Minnesota

That's why we have separate bank accounts (me and my wife) between all these releases and family vacation this month(stl/Jacksonville/Nashville) my bank account is hurting! Hoping BA darkness drops in January again (anyone know?) plus I kind of forgot about BA silhouette.

#1824 TonyBolognaMN, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    JakeJohnson, pmccallum86 and Vidblain like this.
  25. JakeJohnson

Trader

MGM Saint Paul still has 4-packs of Black Note for $24.99 and 6-packs of Willettized for $14.99. They also have Backwoods Bastard, Rum King, Darkness, BA Pentagram, and BA Ten. Their beer shelves are emptying out. I kind of get the feeling they aren’t going to be around much longer.

Benj68, Vidblain, Boldbrew and 3 others like this.
  26. HammsMeASAP

HammsMeASAP Initiate (113) Jun 14, 2012 Minnesota

Any Spirit Foul, Disgruntled/Junkyard crowler sightings recently?

27. nograz

Trader

Fair State retweeted a tweet from 5 hours ago today that WineStreet Spirits in North Oaks still had Spirit Foul.

Vidblain likes this.
  28. MNBeer1017

MNBeer1017 Devotee (454) Mar 27, 2013 Minnesota

Dare Mighty Things is mighty good

29. cheeseheadinMinneapolis

Minnehaha lake has some Junkyard mostly Shake a Matic vanilla and strawberry & Motueka Experimental IPA
    They have some Disgruntled too
    Zipps might have some Junkyard too

30. Jtrigowski

Jtrigowski Initiate (32) Dec 21, 2016 Minnesota

Has anyone tried triple barrel Baptist yet?

NickMpls likes this.
  31. donovansill

donovansill Initiate (181) May 19, 2014 Minnesota

Had one last night and thought it was fantastic! tons of coconut in the best way possible...

32. cheeseheadinMinneapolis

Zipps has Junkyard Rain Drops and Vanilla Shake plus Disgruntled too. At 10 AM they had 10 bottles of Willetized for $2.99

MNBeerGeek likes this.
  33. JakeJohnson

Trader

Liquor Barrel Saint Paul has DSDB, Noir, Coffee Noir, Vanilla Noir, Tilquin Gueuze, BA Pentagram, Baptista, and Backwoods Bastard. They also have Stagg Jr. if you’re into that. I’m always surprised how cheap they are.

34. NickMpls

Man you’re full of updates! Did we ever figure out if you were behind me in line at midway target on CBS day?

JakeJohnson, Benj68 and Boldbrew like this.
  35. Boldbrew

Boldbrew Initiate (134) Jun 26, 2017 Minnesota
    Trader

Any more Bourbon Paradise spotted?

NickMpls likes this.
  36. MNBeer1017

MNBeer1017 Devotee (454) Mar 27, 2013 Minnesota

F44

Boldbrew likes this.
  37. SteinEmAll

SteinEmAll Initiate (52) May 14, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

TW Minnetonka had some last night around 6pm. Also had some vanilla noir left. Behind front counter so you have to ask.

Boldbrew likes this.
  38. JakeJohnson

Trader

The woman in line and the guy with her were my wife and I.

Boldbrew likes this.
  39. NickMpls

So she was #2 spot, I was #3 and she turned around at one point and said something about one bottle limit to you when you got in line #4

40. JakeJohnson

Trader

Correct. I was standing in line next to her, but I ran inside the store to take a shit.

stoutstud likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.