Twin Cities Bottle Hunt - 2019

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by JakeJohnson, Jan 1, 2019.

1. JakeJohnson

JakeJohnson Initiate (163) Jan 30, 2015 Minnesota
    Trader

The Midway Target still has bottles of Marshall Zhukov if anyone is looking.

2. gatornation

gatornation Poo-Bah (4,844) Apr 18, 2007 Minnesota
    Trader

Most likely more than i would want to pay. But ill bite.

ECOBOOSTINST likes this.
  3. ECOBOOSTINST

ECOBOOSTINST Aspirant (213) Jul 7, 2016 Iowa
    Trader

Red Card Discount....:stuck_out_tongue:

gatornation likes this.
  4. InfraRen

InfraRen Initiate (45) Nov 18, 2013 Minnesota

Oskar Blues Barrel Aged Ten Fidy in at Shorewood Liquor. 1 can limit.

5. maximum12

maximum12 Poo-Bah (4,018) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Trader

Wasn't going to pay the dumb fees at Eventbrite, but this is tempting. Though I don't see an additional place to buy these bottles, & it's not really clear whether you can pre-buy or just "secure" them through buying normal BA Silhouette...

TrailsandAles and gatornation like this.
  6. LiftBridge

LiftBridge Initiate (88) Apr 28, 2008 Minnesota
    Industry

Hey Friend!, This brew is only available through the Lift Bridge Taproom for purchase. If you want to get your hands on it you can for $60 and that comes with 2 bottles of BA Silhouette and 1 bottle BA Scotch Silhouette.

If you have already ordered your bottles of BA Silhouette, this is your way to exceed the maximum and purchase 2 more (Plus the BA Scotch Silhouette)

#ScotchyScotchScotch

Cheers,

TrailsandAles and eggsurplus like this.
  7. Backhand

Backhand Initiate (38) May 6, 2017 Minnesota
    Trader

Edited post:

So you preorder in the taproom and not online through eventbrite? Am I understanding that correctly?

8. gatornation

Trader

Wondering if this will be available for pours day of release?

9. SudsSavant

SudsSavant Aspirant (225) Jan 9, 2007 Minnesota
    Trader

I'm reading it as a package deal, in other words if you want the BA Scotch version you have to buy it with two of the regular BA versions too. Explains the "way to exceed the maximum" comment.

10. Backhand

Trader

Yeah I get the package thing. I’m just confused how to preorder. I’m assuming by their comment about only being available at the taproom that they meant you can only preorder at the taproom. So confusing.

11. gatornation

Trader

Pre- order only available at taproom,per Facebook. Must buy 2 Regular BA for the one BA Scotch.

Backhand likes this.
  12. LiftBridge

Industry

Correct! Taproom presales only. Cheers!

13. Jtrigowski

Jtrigowski Initiate (32) Dec 21, 2016 Minnesota

Anyone know where I could find some King Sue in metro area?

14. GeneralBurden

GeneralBurden Devotee (423) Oct 14, 2011 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Central Ave had several singles yesterday as well as 4 packs of Sosus.

Nuts4Barrel-aged likes this.
  15. macgroveguy

macgroveguy Initiate (50) Jan 22, 2015 Minnesota

Re: Scotch Sil - Looks like liftbridge changed their plan again, you can buy online and the "package" costs $65 (plus fees).

Got the following email.

Thanks for your support and taste in beer! As you may have heard, we are packaging a super limited run of Silhouette that has been aged in Laphroaig Scotch Barrels. Because you have purchased 2 or more bottles previously online, we want to make sure you have the opportunity to purchase a bottle of this unique variant on our award winning barrel aged Silhouette.

This email contains a code that you can use on Eventbrite, after clicking the "Buy Tickets" button, click the "Enter Promotional Code" text in the top right of the box, which will then allow you to enter your individual code to open the ticket type for "750ml bottle Scotch Barrel Aged Silhouette" for $25.00. This code will expire at 10 pm Central time on Wednesday, January 9th

16. DogfishRyan

DogfishRyan Initiate (151) Mar 2, 2011 Minnesota
    Trader

And I applaud them for this.

TrailsandAles and GeneralBurden like this.
  17. burlyb

burlyb Initiate (31) Dec 17, 2007 Minnesota

4 packs at Zipps for $18.99 I believe.

18. mingo

mingo Aspirant (203) Mar 24, 2013 Arizona

might give Byerlys SLP a try. they had a couple 4pks in the cooler when I was there Thursday.

19. ipeters1017

ipeters1017 Aspirant (270) Dec 15, 2016 Minnesota

If any of y'all feel like making a trip to Northfield we still have Dogfish 2017 Oak Aged World Wide and 120 Minute, $10 per 12oz

ECOBOOSTINST likes this.
  20. Dizmal

Dizmal Initiate (94) Oct 28, 2009 Minnesota

I know Elevated had a few cases as of last week.

21. craigerss02

craigerss02 Initiate (52) Feb 15, 2016 Minnesota

Shorewood Liquor got Drekker Nightman, Insight Oak and Scotch Gravity Well, BA Ten Fidy, A few of the New Junkyards, OMNI 2X Rasp/2X Vanilla, and a little Drekker Mind Bullets/Ectogasm in the back.

22. jjbehren

jjbehren Initiate (31) Apr 23, 2009 Minnesota

Minnetonka MGM has a couple of Bourbon County wheat wines $25 each

23. Backhand

Trader

I am really surprised that the Hat Trick stout at Sisyphus is still available both on draft and in bottles. That is a VERY solid barrel aged stout if I say so myself.

24. DogfishRyan

DogfishRyan Initiate (151) Mar 2, 2011 Minnesota
    Trader

Well who said anything about it before? Or is this your way of saying it's available?

25. Backhand

Trader

I suppose it’s my way of saying it’s available.

26. JMN44

JMN44 Initiate (175) Sep 19, 2013 Minnesota

It seems like almost every brewery makes some kind of barrel aged stout now so they are rare anymore. Throw in $20 per bottle, which some people like me are tired of paying for bombers, and many BA stouts may not sell out quickly any longer (even great ones like BA Silhouette).

pmccallum86 likes this.
  27. LiftBridge

Industry

Because this is so limited in 750 ml bottles, we won't be able to pour any the day of the event. We will however have other exclusive barrel tastings that day. Cheers!

ECOBOOSTINST and TrailsandAles like this.
  28. JMN44

I meant to say BA stouts are NOT rare anymore. Bad typing skills.

29. pandera

pandera Initiate (60) Jul 10, 2011 Minnesota

looks like Birch's are selling their Oud Bruin bottles (750ml) for $7.50.
    "Barrel soured traditional Flanders Brown Ale aged in used red wine barrels with tart cherries for over 2.5 years"

JMN44 likes this.
  30. JMN44

This BA sour from Birch's went on sale 11/23/18 for $20/bomber and obviously must not have sold well.

ECOBOOSTINST likes this.
  31. Crazytrain83

Crazytrain83 Initiate (50) Feb 19, 2017 Minnesota

Anybody have any recent sightings of Indeed's Old Friend? (preferably SE Metro)

I just remembered that this is the last year for it and I never grabbed a bottle.

32. islay

islay Aspirant (243) Jan 6, 2008 Minnesota

That's a really good beer, up there with the best of Wild Mind and Fair State among Minnesota slow sours, in my opinion. It's obviously a big departure from the kettle sours on which Birch's largely built its reputation (deep and complex v. light and refreshing).

DNW620 likes this.
  33. SudsSavant

SudsSavant Aspirant (225) Jan 9, 2007 Minnesota
    Trader

Two parter here:

1) If you haven't made a trip out to the Plymouth Hy-Vee Wine and Spirits you're missing a gem. It's is the old Cellars that was in the same lot as the old Rainbow Foods out there. Between the layout, decor, and selection, it's a night and day difference from what it was. I believe I counted three different aisles of beer, all refrigerated and that's still not counting what's in the walk-in cooler. I don't think I saw a single beer sitting out that wasn't behind a refrigerated door. This may be the biggest Hy-Vee liquor I've seen and I frequent several of the Des Moines area ones.

2) For those that do make the trip there, they have Avery gold foil bottles priced at $5/bottle. I was able to grab some Pump[ky]n, Rumpkin, Uncle Jacob's, & Tequilacerbus with the added bonus of an additional 10% thanks to their mix-a-six or more that these counted towards. Wouldn't be surprised if other Hy-Vee's have this deal too.

ECOBOOSTINST and Cibsie like this.
  34. Iddhtoomuch

Iddhtoomuch Initiate (17) Dec 29, 2018 Minnesota
    Trader

Shhhhh... but yes, it is very nice. Vinifera's always first on my list but swing into HyVee if I'm going for some grocery.

35. DNW620

DNW620 Initiate (54) Jan 23, 2014 Minnesota

Yes and no - The main reason for the price change is that our ownership has always made our beer available at an accessible price point. We want to share our product with you, rather than drain your bank account. This was our first bottle release, and we tried the standard pricing, but are now going back to our original philosophy. We have always kept our pricing low: $3/$4 Happy Hour, $6 pints, $7.50 Crowlers - for any beer we make, regardless of style or manufacturing cost.

That being said, we bottled most of the batch of Oud Bruin and would rather see them being drank than of sitting on a shelf. We aged the beer for close to 3 years - we are really happy with where it's at now, and want to encourage folks to enjoy it too.

Cheers!

36. ECOBOOSTINST

ECOBOOSTINST Aspirant (213) Jul 7, 2016 Iowa
    Trader

Need some of those Avery's for sure......will be checking the DSM HyVee's after work.....hahaha.....suprising that HyVee seems to "get" the craft beer trend.....many HyVee stores have a massive selection nowdays......the Eagan one up there aint bad either!!

37. macgroveguy

macgroveguy Initiate (50) Jan 22, 2015 Minnesota

Did our market ever get 2018 Cuvée Van De Keizer Blauw? Latest I've seen is 2017.

38. maximum12

Trader

Saw a few bottles at Zipp's today that made me scratch my head & wonder where the hell the beer scene is headed. If you don't like old man rants, I'd suggest averting your eyes.

Blacklist 750ML bottles of BA & BA Cherry Stout for $20, Gravity Well 750ML for $25, Klockow 750ML BA Rye something for $20.

What the hell is wrong with these breweries? I understand that the "going rate" for a BA Stout bomber is now $20 give or take, but I've never had a big beer from Blacklist or Klockow, & wouldn't gamble that much to take them home. And while I'm sure it has its fans, $25 for Gravity Well - a sub-standard BA Stout - is laugh out loud stuff.

Seems like breweries (including Birch's, before the apparent rollback) are just throwing $20 price points out there because they hope that's what they can get for them. I'll happily plunk down $20 for Central Waters 4 packs (though I've never had to!), or BA Darkness, or even BA Hat Trick from Sisyphus, but I honestly hope some of these newer brewery's offerings rot on shelves, & they get the message.

Put out a relatively affordable BA 4 pack, or even a $10 bomber, & I'm in. If your initial offerings in the Big Barrel Aging arena are on par price-wise with established, amazing offerings, I'm going to pass by almost every time. I hope others do as well.

/rant

39. eggsurplus

eggsurplus Initiate (84) Nov 30, 2015 Minnesota
    Trader

How many were left?

40. maximum12

Trader

Plenty.