Twin Elephant Brewing (2019)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by dennis3951, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennis3951

dennis3951 Meyvn (1,011) Mar 6, 2008 New Jersey

I haven’t been to one either, up until the last one a few cases always made it to the next day. This is the 1st one at 4PM so no one knows what will happen. At 4 4 packs a person I doubt the cans will last much more than a hour.

2. mumbles44

mumbles44 Aspirant (238) Jan 22, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

4pm..super strange time for a can release on a saturday

KingforaDay and hopsputin like this.
  3. hopsputin

hopsputin Poo-Bah (2,221) Apr 1, 2012 New Jersey
    Society

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps they’re just not ready for sale until tomorrow AM?

This Weeks Email:

Sorry for the radio silence ladies and gents we have been really busy in the heart of our event season but we are back with a rocking weekend full of fresh drops, a can release, and a dope event in good ole NYC. Throw on that hoodie and come get comfy in the taproom with us for a pint or two and some good company. We got two fresh drops starting today with a new 5.5% ABV American Pale Ale called "Battle Hymn". Welcome to the army of the motherfuggin’ hoppy. We ride or die with our Pale Ale banner held high. She is sacred liquid for the head, mouth and soul. Bitter enough, blended pale malts mixed with wheat, oats and barley flakes. We wage for the rejoice in taste and spirit for those who live in harmony with the beverage called beer. Notes of pine, mango-passionfruit twist, peach and something else fuzzy.

The other drop coming on Saturday is our old stand by American IPA "Shimmy Ye'" weighing in at 7.6% ABV. All in together now. Shoot, bloaw! The boom bap’s back so let’s begin, then. Lil’ Shimmy’s big bro, brah…This is salad days IPA with some new hoppy paw prints, Idaho 7 and Simcoe. Different flavors of the same ruthless wow raw juice. Dank En Garde, underlined twice, to satiate your primal hoppy biochemical urges. A ruffian track with slapshots and jackpots of trodden spring grass in the shadow of a pine forest. Gold plates and old truth, notes of funky Pu-erh tea, pungent pine, old trees, apricot jam, citrus marmalade & tropical gummy bears.

Also, on Saturday starting at 4pm we will have cans of our American IPA "Here There Be Monsters" available for $18 a four pack. We got a good yield this go around approx 90 cases so allotments will be 4 four packs per person. As for the beer, the foremast climbs out of the Tasman Sea horizon. Black sails catch a gust & chart a course towards giants in the ocean canyons……..Ya’ best start believin’ in ghost stories…you’re in one ?! Cut-throats, humble swabs, captains, scalawags…it matters not. This is an everlasting exchange w/ what lies beneath the deep. So, drink up me 'earties!! IPA lapped w/ American Pilsner malt, English Pale, white wheat, raw and malted oats inclined to acquiesce yer hoppy parch with a dry hop of Vic Secret, Motueka, Rakau & Wakutu. Notes of peach & nectarine, vanilla cake, lime zest, little honey and hay.

Finally, our friends have graciously invited us to take part in an awesome 12 line tap takeover at the venerable Haymaker Bar & Kitchen in Manhattan alongside the homies from "Brix City" and "District 96". This will take place on Saturday at 5pm and the location is right by MSG so if you are headed to the Slayer show to kick some ass, stop by first for a pint and say what's up to Tim Besecker from the herd who will be hanging around.

On Tap
    Lil' Shimmy Ye'
    - American Pale Ale - 5.8% ABV
    Killer Nibbles (On Nitro) - Brunch Porter - 5.0% ABV
    Set the Vector w/ Idaho 7 Fresh Hops - Wet Hopped Saison - 7.6% ABV
    The Synclavier - Lactose Pale Ale - 5.6% ABV
    Beautiful Oblivion - American Wheat w/ hibiscus, grains of paradise, coriander and blueberry puree - 4.2% ABV
    Nosh: Simcoe - American IPA - 6.7% ABV
    Biking Viking - House Style Witbier - 5.0% ABV
    Chingas - Black IPA - 7.6% ABV
    Four Minute Mile - American IPA - 6.7% ABV
    Tackleberry - Kettle Sour w/ Strawberry, Raspberry and Blackberry Puree - 4.9% ABV

Tapping This Weekend

Battle Hymn (tapping Friday) - American Pale Ale - 5.5% ABV
    Shimmy Ye' (tapping Saturday) - American IPA - 7.6% ABV

The growler fills for this weekend will be:
    Biking Viking - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    Lil' Shimmy Ye' - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    Nosh: Simcoe - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    Set the Vector on Wet Hopped w/ Idaho 7 - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    The Synclavier - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    Beautiful Oblivion - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    Chingas - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    Four Minute Mile - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    Tackleberry - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    Battle Hymn (Friday) - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    Shimmy Ye' (Saturday) - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available

Total Volume limits are 64oz max per person per type of beer.

In the Secondary (coming up)
    Spruce Lee (Return of the Saison)
    - Spruce Saison
    Nosh: Azacca - American IPA
    TBD - Spruce IPA
    TBD - Porte

4. dennis3951

It must have something to do with parking. I though that the 7PM Friday release was working well. Wonder why they changed at all.

5. hopsputin

Society

I like the Friday evening as well. The last couple have been lasting until Saturday, and I didn’t have to rush in or wait in line.

6. hopsputin

Society

Cans are tasting pretty good, I'll still probably leave 2 to sit for a week to see how they mellow (they don't taste too too green to me).

I wasn't gonna head over yesterday, but we had errands to run so I decided to swing by. Got there around 3:30 and it was the most crowded I have ever seen it - almost decided just to turn around and go home lol. Waited about 20-25 minutes in line and by the time I got close they had released the cans. They had lines outside for cans only. Headed out around 4:45...it was still packed inside, but the line had died down a little.

DEdesings57 likes this.
  7. DEdesings57

DEdesings57 Defender (614) Aug 26, 2012 New Jersey
    Trader

thanks for the update - I decided to pass on this releases.

hopsputin likes this.
  8. njcraftfan

njcraftfan Initiate (123) Dec 18, 2016 New Jersey

missed this weekend release but a friend hooked me up... I also prefer the Fri release tho… less impact on the weekend plans with a mid-day release, and on a Fri night, can chill out and have a few pours to kick off the weekend.

The time is definitely tied to the parking lot and the fact there are active businesses in there that would be short on parking during a release.

hopsputin and dennis3951 like this.
  9. dennis3951

For anyone interested there are over 15 cases of cans left on sale today.
    They had 16 cases left when they open at noon on Sunday. I was surprised with that, since you could buy four 4 packs. I doubt there will be any on Thursday.

10. bryantc3

bryantc3 Aspirant (213) Apr 12, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

got there yesterday and was happy to be able to grab a seat. anyone have the blue flower? trying to figure out if it's my taste buds or not - but the beer tasted like burnt rubber.

nosh: simcoe was really good - i accidentally messed up my numbers and meant to order another beer but i was very happy with this. Bakers at Dawn was really solid, probably the favorite of the 7 beers i had, with Nosh: Simcoe and Shimmy Ye coming in close 2nd and3rd.

Mrstiffington and hopsputin like this.
  11. njcraftfan

I really enjoyed bakers at dawn. I thought blue flowers was pretty decent. Enjoyed Nosh Simcoe more though. Also had a small taste of Inspire Hope: Spruce when deciding on a growler fill choice. Major spruce on the nose, and pretty strong on the palate. Probably a tough one to drink a pint of.

12. dennis3951

Next time you are at TE try the AAL named Chuckacadbre a very enjoyable beer.

13. inkman15

inkman15 Initiate (166) Oct 28, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

Yes! I had this last week and it really impressed me. Nice floral hops and solid bitter bite on top of a cracker/biscuit base.

dennis3951 likes this.
  14. bryantc3

Trader

15. dennis3951

As @bryantc3 stated, here are the details
    BLACK FRIDAY DROP
    Nosh: Citra & Mosaic - American IPA 6.8% ABV
    12pm Friday 11/29 (open for pours at 12pm as well)
    4 four packs per person.
    $18 per.
    This is our first canning out of our Nosh series where we build the maltbprofile around a single or two hop combo that we use in the dry hop.
    Swirl. Sip. Enjoy. Repeat. Blended pale malts and wheats, Citra grips with her fleshy mango thumbs and Mosaic provides the pulpy patchwork. Notes of orange blueberry bread, orange peels in fresh berry syrup and simple white cake.
    Also all Black Friday we will be running a 15% off special in our online store with promo code
    [​IMG]

hopsputin likes this.
  16. dennis3951

At the brewery,place is packed but there a plenty of cans left.

17. MacMalt

MacMalt Poo-Bah (4,206) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Has anyone else been blown away by No Brakes? I was. I think it may be the best DIPA that TE has brewed.

dennis3951 likes this.
  18. dennis3951

I wouldn't say blown away bit it's an excellent brew. The Nash Azacca is mighty good also.

19. MacMalt

Society Trader

Motueka is one of my favorite hops which may explain why I raved about it.

dennis3951 likes this.
  20. njcraftfan

had it yesterday and really enjoyed it...

21. dennis3951

No tap today
    WORKER DRONE
    5.4% ABV | CREAM ALE
    The TEB herd always gets psyched trying new ingredients and for this iteration of our Cream Ale we got to experiment with a new honey varietal harvested from the nectar of the meadowfoam plant which is succulent-like and native to the Pacific Northwest. Big props to our homie Sergio from @melovino that put us up on it. It really takes the beer to that cream soda nostalgia throwing notes of vanilla marshmallows.
    On tap with fills for the weekend starting today.

hopsputin likes this.
  22. njcraftfan

I can only take that one in small pours, in the past found it very sweet after a while. maybe this honey will change that...

wish they would brew Glow Worm again with all the spruce tips they seem to have used recently..

dennis3951 likes this.
  23. hopsputin

Society

Yea, I remember it being pretty sweet too. Crisp, but sweet.

24. hopsputin

Society

Alright party people we are firmly in that holiday gather and celebrate vibe with the taproom decked out and cozy for ya'll with four beers dropping this weekend. We got "Worker Drone: Meadowfoam" and "More Berserker" on to start the weekend and "Herd Is The Word" and "Cute Without the 'E'" slated to tap on Saturday after we kick some beer to free up lines. We are also all stocked up on merch if you are looking for fun presents for the fam including some TEB ornaments we just got in the mix.

"Worker Drone: Meadowfoam" is a 5.4% ABV Cream Ale with 10% flaked corn, local wildflower honey in the WP and meadowfoam honey to build a little sweet mortar between the grainy bricks. This is quaffable suds, thirsty work if you can get it friends. Notes of cream soda, vanilla cupcakes, glazed donuts, and pan roasted corn.

"More Berserker" is a 6.7% ABV American IPA. It’s called !@#$ your Yankee blue jeans or something like that. Come bust out your metal faces. Our love for you is like a truck Berserker! American IPA the way we like it. Sneering gnarl of oats laden to the brim with a healthy, healthy infiltration of Ariana, Citra & Galaxy hops! Notes of coconut fruit slices, bitter orange preserve, & glazed lemon peel.

"Herd Is The Word" is a 7.6% ABV American IPA with lactose and DDY with Strata, Sabro, Citra & Ekuanot Cryo hops. The aroma has notes of Passionfruit and mango, floral coconut and the flavor soppy tropical, peach and some tropical tones. "Cute Without the 'E'" is a 5.1% ABV Pale Ale with lactose and dry hopped with Citra, Cashmere, Galaxy & Simcoe Cryo. Full descriptions for these to come on social and taproom menus.

On Tap
    Set the Vector w/ Idaho 7 Fresh Hops - Wet Hopped Saison - 7.6% ABV
    Nosh: Simcoe - American IPA - 6.7% ABV
    Bakers At Dawn - English Style Brown Porter - 5.5% ABV
    Nosh: Azacca - American IPA - 6.8% ABV
    Chuckacabre - American Lager - 5.1% ABV
    Wepeel - American IPA - 6.6% ABV
    Ease Back - American IPA - 7.0% ABV
    Blue Flowers - American IPA - 6.4% ABV
    Sit Back Jollyin' - Blueberry Brut w/ Spruce Tips - 7.3% ABV
    Worker Drone: Meadowfoam - Meadowfoam Honey Cream Ale - 5.4% ABV
    No Brakes - American Double IPA - 8.3% ABV

Tapping This Weekend

More Beserker (Tapping Friday) - American IPA - 6.7% ABV
    Herd Is The Word - American IPA - 7.6% ABV
    Cute Without the 'E' - American Pale Ale - 5.1% ABV

The growler fills for this weekend will be:
    Nosh: Simcoe - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    Set the Vector on Wet Hopped w/ Idaho 7 - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    Blue Flowers - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    Bakers at Dawn - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    Nosh: Azacca - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    Ease Back - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    Chuckacabre - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    Sit Back Jollyin' - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    No Brakes - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    Worker Drone: Meadowfoam - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    More Berserker (Friday) - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    Cute Without the 'E' (Tentatively Saturday after beer kicks) - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available
    Herd Is The Word (Tentatively Saturday after beer kicks) - 32 or 64 ounce growler vessel fills available

Total Volume limits are 64oz max per person per type of beer.

In the Secondary (coming up)
    Split The Megahertz - American IPA
    Do Or Donut - Dry Hopped Lager
    Rugged Snuggle - American Brown Ale

dennis3951 likes this.
  25. dennis3951

Bakers at Dawn has gotten better each week, it should be outstanding now.

FezWad and hopsputin like this.
  26. MacMalt

Society Trader

I generally don't like Brut IPAs but I tried Sit Back Jollyin' tonight. Wow, it's really good. It starts like a sour but quickly turns into blackberry smoothie and vanilla ice cream with some spruce notes. And the mouth feel is killer. I recommend this offering!

27. hopsputin

Society

Had Bakers, Ease Back, and No Brakes. Bakers at Dawn was pretty good, it was an interesting combo of Brown Ale and Porter. The nutty and roasted malt worked well. Ease Back was an awesome use of Citra. No Brakes was super complex for a DIPA and I appreciated the hop combo.

28. njcraftfan

had a flight yesterday... enjoyed More Berserker, and Herd is the Word was amazing on the nose - tropical fruit salad, nice and juicy and hoppy. I could do without the lactose sweetness but it was not overdone either, so many should love it. Had a growler of Ease Back and it was right in that upper 5%-upper 6% wheelhouse of TEB pale ale/ipa range, kudos to the homebrewer on that cause it was real solid. I also tried the worker drone cream ale - and while the new honey added a nice level of complexity - a flight size pour was enough for me.

dennis3951 likes this.
  29. bryantc3

Trader

Really enjoyed Sit Back Jollyin'. It had a very nice balance just dry enough and just tart enough.

Thought the hops in more berzeker were a little muted. I enjoyed the worker drone, I'll definitely have to seek out the swarm the next time they release it. The wet hopped set the vector was interesting... kinda had an overly pungent skunk weed taste to it.

30. hopsputin

Society

I'd be pumped if they just brought back the original Set the Vector lol

31. njcraftfan

32. dennis3951

Mrstiffington and schteve like this.
  33. dennis3951

Just left the brewery place is packed but plenty of 4 cans left.

MacMalt likes this.
  34. dennis3951

Bummer this is post #354 not even a post a day on this thread!

MacMalt likes this.
  35. njcraftfan

surprised they didn't do any extended hours this week...

MacMalt and hopsputin like this.
  36. hopsputin

Society

Thinking the same thing. Would have been nice, since I've been traveling for the holidays and couldn't really make it over much.

MacMalt likes this.
  37. dennis3951

They are afraid of running out of beer and not being able to open on Thursday.

MacMalt and hopsputin like this.
  38. njcraftfan

they are going to be flush with beer when they convert over to all 20 bbls...

MacMalt, dennis3951 and hopsputin like this.
  39. hopsputin

Society

at this point they may as well just take over River Grille and get more space :stuck_out_tongue:

jmerizio and MacMalt like this.
  40. dennis3951

let's hope so

MacMalt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.