Twin Elephant Brewing Co. (2020)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Jacobier10, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Jacobier10

Jacobier10 Poo-Bah (2,208) Feb 23, 2004 New Jersey
    Society

Chatham Borough, NJ 07928

Info
    www.twinelephant.com
    (973) 507-9862
    info@twinelephantbrewing.com

Social
    www.facebook.com/twinelephant
    twitter.com/twin_elephant
    www.instagram.com/twinelephantbrewing/

Hours
    Thursday 4pm - 10pm
    Friday 4pm - 10pm
    Saturday 12pm - 10pm
    Sunday 12pm - 6pm

Subscribe to their e-mail newsletter for current beer list, growler availability, can releases, etc. Also check their website and social accounts.

Growler Policy
    We sell & fill both 32-ounce and 64-ounce glassware. We also will fill growlers from other breweries. Due to our small production size we currently have a 64 ounce per person per beer limit and some beers at times may be restricted. Please keep an eye out on our website and social accounts for up to date info. Growler fills are for off premise consumption only. It is against the law to open a growler for drinking on premise and we can lose our license because of it.

Parking
    Please take notice of where you are parking if you come by on Thursday or Friday. Please do not block any walk ways, or park in any spots designated for any other businesses, particularly the spots marked with yellow paint reserved for the pediatrician’s office for families with strollers and people with disabilities. Also, be cognizant of the flow of traffic and not interrupt that by parking in spots that are not marked including along wall. You can use the image at the bottom to see the location of these spaces as well as there is additional parking on the other side of the building (accessible on River Road) as well as street parking on River Road curbside across the street from our handicap entrance.

[​IMG]

2. dennis3951

dennis3951 Savant (954) Mar 6, 2008 New Jersey

Well done you beat me to the punch.

Jacobier10 likes this.
  3. Jacobier10

Jacobier10 Poo-Bah (2,208) Feb 23, 2004 New Jersey
    Society

Was there last Friday when it opened. Mobbed by 5pm. Had Bakers at Dawn (English Porter) and Get In the Pit & Try to Love Someone (Cherry Saison). Bakers was good, could have used a little more body but the flavor was spot on. The cherry Saison was tasty but really sweet. I didn't mind it but could see how the cherry would overpower it for some people. Went down really easy for 7+ %ABV.

Both beers could have used a little more carbonation. Served with a small head that disappears very quickly, which is an issue I have found in several of Twin Elephant's beers, but I enjoyed them nonetheless.

MacMalt likes this.
  4. dennis3951

At the brewery right now. Not to many small breweries would have 2 Porters on tap but Twin Elephant does 1 English 1 American both excellent.

5. Mrstiffington

Mrstiffington Initiate (118) Jun 8, 2018 New Jersey
    Trader

TE is probably my second favorite place in NJ (after Kane) to get a flight. Always a nice variety.

MacMalt and dennis3951 like this.
  6. njcraftfan

njcraftfan Initiate (106) Dec 18, 2016 New Jersey

Funny, I used to find this thread easily based on @dennis3951 Ballantine avatar picture... I missed it scrolling down...

anyway, I would've thought we'd get a new can drop this weekend given the last few had 3 weeks between each. I suppose they got slammed over the holidays and need to get more beer on tap... went on Sunday and supplies were low with only 7 on tap, and only 1 IPA.

That being said, Goodnight Sellout! was a great pale ale - nice and hoppy, flavorful and on the drier crisper side. Sanctuary 13 was also real nice, and should be showing real well this weekend...

7. dennis3951

At TE now, not many drinkers here. There are only 7 beers on tap. 2 of which are new, Savage Henry a Red Rye IPA and Karate Pancakes. Drinking Karate Pancakes nice brew.

MacMalt likes this.
  8. njcraftfan

Was there last night as was relatively quiet too. Don’t forget NOsh Citra Vic Secret. That’s new yesterday. Killer.

dennis3951 likes this.
  9. dennis3951

I though that it was a repeat but Scott (the brewer) set me straight . Had a 11 OZ glass excellent stuff. He also said they have been a bit short of beer of late but have new tanks ect on the way.

hopsputin likes this.
  10. hopsputin

hopsputin Poo-Bah (1,987) Apr 1, 2012 New Jersey
    Society

Stopped by Saturday and they did have like, if memory serves correct, 4-5 lines kicked.

11. MacMalt

MacMalt Poo-Bah (3,657) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

I really liked Savage Henry. I thought the use of Belma hops in a Rye Beer was ingenious. The berry taste really balances the spicy rye.

dennis3951 likes this.
  12. njcraftfan

Looks like a new can incoming this weekend. a new Nosh variant. Couldn’t make out the label very well but think it said Galaxy / Comet...

DEdesings57 and bryantc3 like this.
  13. njcraftfan

DEdesings57 and dennis3951 like this.
  14. dennis3951

15. hopsputin

Society

Might be new? I know they’ve done Galaxy & Nelson, but don’t remember Comet.

16. njcraftfan

It's a repeat. Looks like I checked one in back in September of 2019.

dennis3951 likes this.
  17. bryantc3

bryantc3 Initiate (180) Apr 12, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

how are these Friday 7PM releases? debating about stopping by - but don't feel like going later than 7:30 AND don't want to wait more than 10 minutes in a line for them.

Mrstiffington likes this.
  18. njcraftfan

usually busy but not terrible... by 7:30/7:45 line should be gone... however, last time they did a Friday, the line was outside on patio for cans which kept it separate from pours (and spread the crowd out)… not sure how they will sell cans if you have to be in taproom. hopefully separate line.

hopsputin, bryantc3 and Mrstiffington like this.
  19. dennis3951

Just heard from the brewery 25 cases left from last night.

DEdesings57 likes this.
  20. njcraftfan

Collab with Alementary announced...Siamese Pachyderm Imperial dry-hopped pilsner... could be interesting... its an Alementary taproom release, but they are doing an exclusive drop of cans at Chatham Bottle King so locals can get it by TEB. Pretty cool idea.

jesskidden and Mrstiffington like this.
  21. KingofPrussia

KingofPrussia Initiate (16) Feb 27, 2018 Vermont

This place is great. I like to visit when I am in NJ. My dad is in there like 3-4 days a week, LOL.

dennis3951 likes this.
  22. dennis3951

I have enough trust in TE and Alementary to purchase that beer blind at BK.

23. Mrstiffington

Trader

Actually, I wish all breweries would do collabs in both areas.
    Is your dad @dennis3951? haha

hopsputin, dennis3951 and KingforaDay like this.
  24. dennis3951

Now that was uncalled for!! LOL

hopsputin and Mrstiffington like this.
  25. dennis3951

Here are some details about the Collab
    Twin Elephant Brewing Company
    Yesterday at 9:40 AM ·
    #Repost @Alementary

Sometimes, when brewers are hanging out sharing beers, an idea is born. Using Twin Elephant’s ridiculous hoppy expertise to riff on a classic Alementary lager was a serious no-brainer. All stops were pulled for Siamese Pachyderm: an imperial Pilsner constructed with an Italian heritage Pilsner malt and triticale from North Carolina, and finished with a dry-hop mix of Mosaic, Calista, and Belma. Berries for days, with a rich multigrain body and a clean lager finish. Available on draft and in cans when doors open Friday at 3pm. 8.3% ABV, $16/4pk 16oz cans.
    But there’s a kicker! NJ beer is up for some tough battles in 2020, so we’ve agreed to donate a portion of proceeds to the NJ Brewers Association. Killer beer for a killer cause that will benefit us all, so don’t be afraid to buy as much as you want .
    To help you out (and because NJ law doesn’t let us share beer with Twin Elephant) we are doing exclusive early drops for sale starting Saturday at Chatham Bottle King!

[​IMG]

MacMalt, hopsputin and Mrstiffington like this.
  26. njcraftfan

anyone try the Siamese Pachyderm collab? I grabbed a 4pk last night from BK, but haven't had it yet... untapped reviews seem consistently good. Look forward to trying.

MacMalt likes this.
  27. Mrstiffington

Trader

No but I picked up a four pack at the store on my way home today. Definitely will have one this weekend and will report back.

MacMalt likes this.
  28. dennis3951

I picked up a 4 pack last Saturday and wrote it up in New Beer Sunday. Excellent brew by any standard.

MacMalt and Mrstiffington like this.
  29. Mrstiffington

Trader

Ok so I’m literally drinking one now while freezing my ass off grilling dinner. I’m enjoying it immensely. Seems more like an IPL or a straight up DIPA but very tasty either way.

hopsputin, dennis3951 and MacMalt like this.
  30. MacMalt

Society Trader

It’s a very unique beer. It’s like a combination of Alementary’s Hackensack Lager and Waldo’s or Nimble Giant. I like it a lot.

Mrstiffington likes this.
  31. dennis3951

Just to tell anyone who is looking for Siamese Pachyderm they still have 4 packs at the Bottle King in Chatham.

MacMalt, hopsputin and Mrstiffington like this.
  32. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (1,937) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

What's that in reference to?

33. dennis3951

I don't know. You will have to ask someone at the Alementary. My guess would be that it's about the ABC ruling that goes into effect later this year.

34. MacMalt

Society Trader

Any thoughts on this batch of Time2Shine? I thought it was delicious and incredibly drinkable.

35. njcraftfan

missed that one, did try turnstiles which was ok - light, easy drinking, and the mighty Winooski, which was also light and cruishable but with a lot of hoppy flavor - would be great to have around in the summer. For similar ABV, I'd crush the Winooski all day over the turnstiles...

#35 njcraftfan, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    MacMalt likes this.
  36. hopsputin

Society

I kinda felt the same way. Almost reminded of of a DIPA

MacMalt and Mrstiffington like this.
  37. MacMalt

Society Trader

I think it's gotten better with a couple weeks on it. Too bad I have only one can left.:slight_frown:

hopsputin and Mrstiffington like this.
  38. dennis3951

I think so too, it seems more blended to me. Liz at TE told me over 30 barrels of it was brewed so there could be some around.

hopsputin and MacMalt like this.