Union Brewhouse

Discussion in 'New England' started by GoOSU, Jun 15, 2019.

1. GoOSU

GoOSU Initiate (138) Oct 6, 2006 Massachusetts
    Trader

2. nathanb47

nathanb47 Initiate (162) Dec 14, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

All I heard was they are done, closed down yesterday. If you wanted your plaque off the wall that was your chance. Havent heard a reason to why they closed tho. Sad day!

3. MikeyBadnews

MikeyBadnews Aspirant (211) Dec 10, 2013 Massachusetts

They're closed. They had the property on the market for a bit. Flew under the radar. I guess last night they had a few issues and just decided that was the day. Going to miss it. Theres not a great amount of beer bars in the area.

4. SunDevilBeer

SunDevilBeer Defender (634) May 9, 2003 Massachusetts

Bummer. Definitely the OG beer bar of the south shore.

Glad I dropped in for a few pints last month when I found myself in the area.

5. nolanz14

nolanz14 Aspirant (265) Aug 31, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

Sad to hear this news. I've been there a lot over the past few years. Great tap list and burgers as well.

6. dental

dental Devotee (410) Apr 2, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

they posted this earlier on facebook...

"Thank you everyone for the outpouring of support over the last few days. As many of you already know, we are currently closed. There was a perfect storm of equipment failure and it will take us some time to get things up and running again. With that being said, we’re taking time to repair and renovate (and relax)."

7. JrGtr

JrGtr Disciple (396) Apr 13, 2006 Massachusetts

This makes it sound like they plan to reopen at some point - though the phrasing makes it sound like it'll be some time before they do.
    Too bad - I liked that place. Good food, great beer selection. I used to enjoy their firkin Fridays a lot.
    Then my wife was at a baby shower down the road a piece, (this would have been something like 4 years ago) I went in to kill time and they happened to have Lunch on tap...

8. SunDevilBeer

SunDevilBeer Defender (634) May 9, 2003 Massachusetts

Ah yes, the old “under renovations” statement while closed, it’s an oldie but goodie for restos that have serious problems & shut their doors.

I hope I’m wrong, but I’ve seen way too many go down this road & never re-open.

jesskidden likes this.