Uploading a beer photo on iPad

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by mnrider, Sep 13, 2018 at 7:47 PM.

1. mnrider

mnrider Defender (696) May 26, 2009 Connecticut

what’s the best way to upload a beers photo on iPad? Seems impossible. The suggested sites don’t work. Any help would be great.

2. BrewsOverHoes

BrewsOverHoes Zealot (542) Nov 17, 2013 Georgia
    Premium Trader

You say “suggested sites” which include what?

Postimages.org is what I use on my IPhone. I know IPads are a different animal however. Have you tried that one?

3. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (1,521) Apr 16, 2015 New Hampshire
    Premium Trader

I use Imgur on my iPad and iPhone for every image post on this site. Has worked great for me. I used to use photobucket before they started charging for image sharing.

4. mnrider

mnrider Defender (696) May 26, 2009 Connecticut

Sorry for the confusion. I’m specifically talking about posting a beers photo on its profile page. (New beers, ones that have no photo)

5. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (1,521) Apr 16, 2015 New Hampshire
    Premium Trader

Oh, I’ve only done from computer using the apps they recommend.

6. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poo-Bah (6,038) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Premium

7. Mothergoose03

Mothergoose03 Poo-Bah (2,244) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Premium

You don't need a third party site to upload a pic of a beer bottle or label or a building pic for a Places photo. Simply upload the file from your device's storage area. (I don't know if this means that the Cloud will work.) The pic has to meet the BA site requirements of dimensions and bytes. I think dimensions are 150 wide x 300 tall pixels (look that one up to be sure), and the bytes must be less than 20 Kb. If those sizes are not met the pic will be rejected. (It's been a while since I learned the hard way that size is important, but it seems like if you submit a pic that doesn't meet the requirements, nothing happens -- meaning you don't get an error notice the pic was rejected. It just doesn't do anything.)

8. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Crusader (798) Oct 4, 2017 Germany
    Trader

You do need a third party site to get the picture to those exact dimensions though...

Bitterbill and Mothergoose03 like this.
  9. Mothergoose03

Mothergoose03 Poo-Bah (2,244) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Premium

I can use MS Paint to crop and get the dimensions okay, but most times I can't get the bytes down to size. So, yeah, that's when I also use a third party site.