Vanilla Rye for Huna 15

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by Divo93, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Divo93

Divo93 Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2015 Florida

Got offered a Huna 15 for my BCVR 1:1. What do you think?

2. mxracercam

mxracercam Disciple (325) Jan 14, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

is it worth it to you? if so, then it's a good trade. follow your heart.

3. VinceMig

VinceMig Initiate (0) Jun 21, 2013 Georgia

I really don't see this being off at all. Make the trade if you want a Huna. Neither of these beers were easy to get.

If you want to squeeze every drop of "value" out of your beer, I'm sure someone out there will give you more.

4. Divo93

Thanks guys!

VinceMig likes this.
  5. raczkowski

raczkowski Aspirant (273) May 16, 2011 Florida
    Trader

If anyone else wants to do this hit me up!

6. SS114

SS114 Initiate (0) May 8, 2014 Pennsylvania

I just gave up Huna + for a VR and both side were happy

7. Divo93

What was the plus? Out of curiosity

8. Abbbp

Abbbp Crusader (743) Mar 9, 2013 Texas
    Trader

It's a fair trade. just do it. If you wanna ask for a plus you could get some Jai alai

9. WI-Beer-Man

WI-Beer-Man Zealot (500) May 29, 2014 Wisconsin

I will just say this...as an opinion based on previous trades on these forums
    If someone puts up a FT: Huna 2015 ISO: Vanilla Rye (1:1), that offer will not happen (legitimately)
    If someone puts up FT: Vanilla Rye ISO: Huna 2015 (1:1), their inbox will fill up quickly.

JavaNoire, Dirtyhands, Ckoz and 12 others like this.
  10. raczkowski

raczkowski Aspirant (273) May 16, 2011 Florida
    Trader

i did this and added a last snow as a plus. not an expensive beer but it isnt just sitting on shelves anywhere either!

Divo93 likes this.
  11. iTunesUpdates

iTunesUpdates Initiate (0) May 7, 2014 Florida

Funny, got the same offer. lol We're probably in the same facebook group. I was going to take it but I still think Vanilla should trade higher. There are a ton of Huna out there but only a few Vanilla. Although the $200 price tag for a ticket to get them may change things.

12. Siggy125

Siggy125 Disciple (354) Nov 10, 2006 California
    Trader

if you would have more pleasure from one vs the other, then do what floats your boat.

basto likes this.
  13. rightcoast7

rightcoast7 Disciple (387) Apr 2, 2011 Maine
    Trader

There were certainly more bottles produced of Vanilla than 15 Huna.

14. iTunesUpdates

I was talking about all the Huna's from past years too.

Reedkellough and Divo93 like this.
  15. Reedkellough

Reedkellough Initiate (0) Aug 5, 2013 Florida

Way more bottles of VR than huna, not sure how that idea was brought up...even with extras Huna was under 9k total, i know there was plenty more than that of VR, huna didnt even go into distro and required a $200 ticket and is 4 pp....VR was just a behind the counter limited beer for $25....if you knew someone you could land a bunch of bottles up to a case... not possible with huna this year... just an FYI

16. markgugs

markgugs Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2006 New Jersey

wait, what? how are there more bottles of Huna out there than VR?

Lasering likes this.
  17. markgugs

ohhhh. so we should add up all the 2010 BCBVS too. SMH

18. tjfilippo

tjfilippo Initiate (69) Jan 28, 2008 Illinois
    Trader

I agree that there was way more VR produced then Huna. However it was widely distributed to a large population which made it hard to get. It was very rare to see it sitting behind a counter somewhere. I'm not saying it didn't happen... But I best 99% of the people on this forum never saw it sitting behind the counter for purchase. There were long lines at almost every release and it sold out as fast as they could sell it.

I agree that some people with connections could have bought a case of VR, but I bet that is a VERY limited number. Some people at Huna day could have a brought a significant other/mule and easily left with 8 bottles.

Anyways... I'm just playing devils advocate. Both are great beers that are hard to come by. Anyone should be happy with either.

Cheers!

Reedkellough likes this.
  19. markgugs

yeah, for another $200. and maybe a 2nd flight to Tampa. etc. etc. Easily isn't the right word to use here

polisanl and jloomis like this.
  20. iTunesUpdates

I didn't do the math but sure, 2 years of VR vs what like 2009-2015 of Huna's releases. Numbers probably favor Huna.

Also probibly going to be brewed again, who knows when vanilla is going to be brewed again.

21. Abbbp

Trader

I mean who really cares? This is a discussion on BCVR vs. Huna '15.

22. markgugs

that was essentially my point. which means there were/are a lot more bottles of BCBVR than there are of Huna. but then consider all those bottles of VR were spread all over kingdom come, whereas all the Huna bottles went home with a scant 2,000 folks. when that sort of situation exists, I basically go, hmm, well that's a 1:1

lol

FrankenMiller and Abbbp like this.
  23. Abbbp

Trader

That's what I think too. If you have the Huna '15 and post it FT don't be mad, if Ya gotta post a small +. If you're the BCVR side and you're ISO Huna '15 don't bitch you gotta give up a precious vanilla that was only 20 gazillion bottle count, that IP trades w the likes of quantity of booboo beer all across America. Spot on Mark, damn dawg, when you coming down this way for a share?

24. iTunesUpdates

Whatever it is value is in the eye of the beholder. Make the trade if you want. They are both amazing beers and would both be enjoyable. Cheers!

Abbbp likes this.
  25. johnyb

johnyb Crusader (795) Aug 11, 2012 Florida
    Trader

If somebody wants to proof out this hypothesis, I've got an extra Huna for trade for a Vanilla. Please pursue this first with those who have offered the same deal earlier in this thread.

Divo93 likes this.
  26. HeadyTheElder

HeadyTheElder Devotee (405) Nov 3, 2012 Louisiana
    Trader

Huna side should add IMO.

AndyEdgar and Divo93 like this.
  27. sunnrider

sunnrider Initiate (199) Jul 4, 2013 Spain
    Trader

VR to Huna sounds like a nice trade in either direction.
    Both parties get a great limited beer to drink.

*Disclaimer: I´m assuming we all trade beers to drink, not sell/hoard/trade onwards...

28. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Initiate (148) Sep 21, 2013 Florida
    Trader

http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=b47b14be6dd7824593b1d6f56&id=f91b018d11

29. WI-Beer-Man

30. disGRUNTled

Trader

I think the El Cat. club has 1500 members so they might have 4 bottles per to cover those so 6,000 bottles, My brother and I split up a catador membership, neither one of us wanted to split the 200 $ for him to go get bottles at huna day so this works out great ...

#30 disGRUNTled, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  31. riemster

riemster Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2011 Ohio

At the time, they were correct. Far from bullshit. Every one was lead to believe that there were NO extras until today. Your post does nothing but attempt to start a flame war over the rarity of Hunahpu. This is probably not a real second batch (like the "sorry batch"), so go "blah, blah, blah" somewhere else.

For the sake of trying to start a discussion with you, my guess would be less than 1500 bottles since they didn't make it a guaranteed bottle like they did for left over '14 Hunahpu. No one knows how many.

markgugs, basto and jloomis like this.
  32. WI-Beer-Man

So 8,000 + 6,000 = 14,000. Thanks!

33. disGRUNTled

Trader

"If you're a member, you can buy up to 4 bottles for yourself. If you're a trustee for a member, you can buy up to 2 bottles per member. In other words, to get 4 bottles, you must be here in-person to buy them. Otherwise, your trustee can only buy 2 bottles." <----- this sounds like they have enough bottles for el cat members to each have 4, 1,500 el cat member I believe so my guess is 6,000 bottles , No where in their msg does it say "first come first serve" "limited number of bottles"

34. riemster

I thought that at first. I guess we'll just have to see. If they went from "no extras" to 6000 extras then I'll go back to never trusting CCB again. I just don't want to believe that till I know for sure or not.

jloomis likes this.
  35. riemster

Lol. If they honestly have 6,000 extra bottles then I'll report my own post from 25 minutes ago.

mxracercam, Divo93 and jloomis like this.
  36. jloomis

jloomis Aspirant (293) Jan 6, 2010 Florida
    Trader

They have approximately 28 more bottles. Maybe 29, but that one is a low fill for sure.

37. rightcoast7

rightcoast7 Disciple (387) Apr 2, 2011 Maine
    Trader

There are bottle limits of 4 and 2 for members/trustees. Not sure why anyone would assume they have guaranteed bottles for every member.

markgugs, jloomis and riemster like this.
  38. Dirtyhands

Dirtyhands Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2014 Maryland

I am confuse.

39. Vitacca

Vitacca Champion (839) Sep 15, 2010 Montana
    Society Trader

My buddy wants to offer up a Parabola plus a NYFRB 10% bomber for a Huna. I think it'll get crickets. True?

40. chardlogic

chardlogic Aspirant (233) Feb 18, 2011 Oregon
    Trader

The lack of online sales and limited nature of trustee pickups makes me think its closer to 1-2000 extra bottles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.