venues peak then die out

Discussion in 'Australia' started by danieelol, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danieelol

danieelol Savant (961) Jun 15, 2010 Australia

I think I've witnessed craft beer venues follow the same trajectory as many famous bands have. They seem to reach a peak point of quality and then they quickly decline and fall off.

Recently I attended a venue which maybe 2-4 years ago was considered literally the best venue in the entirety of Australia... however when I visited it was literally the worst venue for craft beer I have ever been to full stop including the ones that only served macro lagers.

I feel similarly though not as strongly about similar local venues....they just don't do it for me anymore (this is not intended as a veiled criticism of any of these venues and I doubt people will be able to infer which venue I was originally referring to from my post).

Does anyone have a similar experience to relate? Or have you always drank at home?

2. danieelol

danieelol Savant (961) Jun 15, 2010 Australia

did 32 people really view this and not respond? that's pretty insane if real (it's probably almost all bots but still)

3. Narkee

Narkee Initiate (142) Jun 20, 2013 Australia
    Trader

WA hasn't have a whole lot of craft beer specific venues for long enough to really make that call.

Bob's Bar has been around for 5-6 years and while note the most prolific craft beer venue in Perth, it still has a decent tap range to choose from.

Petition has been 3(?) years now and is just a brilliant craft beer venue.

DTC's selection is second to none and keeps thing's interesting by holding regular craft beer events (averages 1 per month).

4. sinkas

sinkas Initiate (168) Jul 9, 2008 Australia
    Trader

so danilol which one are you talking about?

5. Ostpies

Ostpies Initiate (89) Nov 3, 2015 New Zealand (Aotearoa)

I found this to be a typical occurrence in Sydney, same for restaurants. The owners move on and the place stops being any good within a year.

6. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Champion (897) Dec 29, 2006 Australia
    Trader

Which venue are you talking about @danieelol ?

I mostly drink at home. Venues selling 425ml Founders Breakfast Stout pours for $25 when I can buy a 4 pack for $30 is a no-brainer for me.

Narkee likes this.
  7. Lone_Freighter

Lone_Freighter Poo-Bah (7,629) Jun 4, 2017 Vermont
    Society

Well, what did you want me to say?

Bro, I'm just here in Vermont, I know nothing of venues in Australia. Only came here to read the thread.

Hope your venues in Australia get better, though.

Cheers.

drtth, VABA and Narkee like this.
  8. hawthorne00

hawthorne00 Initiate (94) Nov 23, 2010 Australia

Yeah, there's not much out past Burwood.

9. Lone_Freighter

Lone_Freighter Poo-Bah (7,629) Jun 4, 2017 Vermont
    Society

Like I told the other guy, hope it gets better, man. If not, you guys should plan a trip to Vermont.

VABA likes this.
  10. hawthorne00

hawthorne00 Initiate (94) Nov 23, 2010 Australia

There's nothing in Vermont or Vermont South. There's supposed to be quite a good bottlo in Mitcham though.

Lone_Freighter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.