Victoria Sour Beer?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by snaotheus, Feb 12, 2018.

1. snaotheus

snaotheus Poo-Bah (2,529) Oct 6, 2008 Washington

I'll be in Victoria on March 2-3 with my wife who loves sours.

Anyplace there offer much in the way of sour beer?

2. distantmantra

distantmantra Savant (993) May 23, 2011 Washington

Driftwood does them seasonally, no clue if they'd have any right now.

snaotheus likes this.
  3. Beervana

Beervana Zealot (572) Apr 15, 2014 British Columbia (Canada)

Most of the local breweries have some sort of sour program here; Driftwood, Moon, Spinnakers, C12, etc.

Best bet is probably just to head to a beer bar though. The Drake almost always has a handful of world class sours on at any given time. Smiths Pub and The Guild should have some great sours on offer too.

And of course, the bottle shops here (Cook St, Vessel, Strath, Cascadia) likely will have a better selection of Belgian/import sours than your used to. Some great packaged sours out of Vancouver here too.

snaotheus likes this.
  4. JonnyBeers

JonnyBeers Disciple (339) Oct 24, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)

Hit The Drake or Smiths Pub, they know what's up. Best bet for a brewery would be Moon.

snaotheus likes this.
  5. LampertLand

LampertLand Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2011 British Columbia (Canada)

snaotheus likes this.
  6. dabeerbuddha

dabeerbuddha Aspirant (294) Feb 4, 2016 Ontario (Canada)

Cook St Liquor has a great selection. Not sure where they are at in their move but David or Adem are great people to guide you with their recommendations.

snaotheus likes this.
  7. snaotheus

snaotheus Poo-Bah (2,529) Oct 6, 2008 Washington

Of the few places we went, the Drake was definitely best for sours. Swans had a couple; Moon was a bust (I enjoyed it, just no sours currently on tap). Short trip and didn't get to make it everywhere I wanted. But I'd definitely go back to the Drake.