1. BEER FEST ALERT: Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14-15!

Visit Miami

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by Best_Enjoyed_In_Texas, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Best_Enjoyed_In_Texas

Best_Enjoyed_In_Texas Disciple (340) Aug 24, 2015 Texas
    Trader

I know. I know. Its another "Visiting X-City" thread. :rolling_eyes: But isnt this one of the reason we are part of this online community?!?

Ill be in Miami the last wkend in April. Obviously doing J Wakefield for sure. Also gonna hit up Union & Boxelder.

Anything else we cannot miss? We'll have a car and can travel around with ease.

Also - Im definitely ISO Miami Madness & El Jefe - ideally, two of each. I can easily pack some Houston (or Texas) stouts or haze if anyone wants to make a trade. Also, Parish Brewing (Ghost in the Machine) just began distro to Houston. Send me a direct message if interested.

CHEERS!

2. MHorridge

MHorridge Devotee (490) May 16, 2010 Florida
    Society Trader

:rolling_eyes:

Well-worn answer:

Yabey, macrosmatic and HeartofMiami like this.
  3. Best_Enjoyed_In_Texas

Best_Enjoyed_In_Texas Disciple (340) Aug 24, 2015 Texas
    Trader

4. LennyRubio

LennyRubio Initiate (116) May 31, 2012 Florida
    Trader

MIA Brewing and Tripping Animals are also worth a stop while in Miami. My advice while visiting JWB and Box would be to park in wynwood and uber/lyft to and back from union its a pretty short ride. If you will be venturing into broward you have 3 sons, invasive species, odd breed.

Best_Enjoyed_In_Texas likes this.
  5. treznor

treznor Zealot (538) Dec 20, 2006 North Carolina
    Trader

Is 3 Sons actually open? I feel like their social media says 'opening soon' and is a bit noncommittal on whether they're currently regularly open. I'm out in Miramar during the weeks so considering a trip up to Ft Lauderdale but haven't made it quite yet.

LennyRubio likes this.
  6. Sinzanasti

Sinzanasti Initiate (176) Apr 3, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

Officially open today

LennyRubio likes this.
  7. Jarnet87

Jarnet87 Initiate (76) Jul 30, 2014 Florida
    Trader

El Jefe should be on tap at least, don't know if they will have cans, and after you taste it you may change your mind on taking some home.

Wynwood area J Wakefield, Wynwood Brewing, Box Eldr and Union nearby on 8th St are all worth checking out. Box Eldr and Union are taprooms that also sell bottles, usually have a good list of beers on tap and some bottles for sale that you might not be able to find at a bigger store like Total Wine.

In the Doral area Tripping Animals is my top spot, think they are making some really tasty stuff and have been canning regularly. MIA Beer Co is also good. Beat Culture had their grand opening recently, been twice and its a bit hit or miss but I think they will smooth it out and put out some good beer. Some others in the area but those would be my top 3 in Doral.

Broward County
    Funky Buddha in Oakland Park/Ft Lauderdale obviously. Good spot if you are bringing kids. the space is real big, has a kitchen and if you like dessert/sweet style beers they are definitely worth checking out. Have not been to Invasive Species or 3 Sons but heard good things about their beer.

Best_Enjoyed_In_Texas likes this.
  8. FrankenMiller

FrankenMiller Initiate (164) Mar 5, 2014 Florida
    Trader

If you go to 3 Sons bring your wallet. Their prices are stupid high.

9. treznor

treznor Zealot (538) Dec 20, 2006 North Carolina
    Trader

Great to hear! Wasn't able to make it last night as I ended up working late in downtown Miami and then hit up Wakefield (Miami Rainbows is money...) but hopefully next week!

Yeah, I have an obsession for trying new stuff so I'm sure I'll tell my wallet to shut up, at least the first time I'm there!