Visiting Atlanta

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by nickfern, Aug 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickfern

nickfern Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2015 New Jersey

Traveling from NJ and visiting Atlanta in two weeks. Staying in Cobb, but have use of a car. Looking for suggestions and recommendations for breweries and bottle shops within a reasonable driving distance. Thanks.

2. VinceMig

VinceMig Initiate (0) Jun 21, 2013 Georgia

Cobb County is huge, so I guess it just depends what part you are staying in. Burnt Hickory Brewery in Kennesaw is fantastic.

ScottG818 and nickfern like this.
  3. ScottDawg7

ScottDawg7 Initiate (0) Jul 27, 2015 Georgia

As mentioned above, you could go to Burnt Hickory, also in the same general area are Dry County, Southern Sky, and Reformation. If you want to go toward downtown, you could visit Scofflaw, Second Self, Torched Hop, Hop City (either location), Wrecking Bar, and Porter.

Check days/times for each, GA still has crazy brewery laws until Sept 1st (have to pay for a tour to drink on site at brewery until 9/1, then everything changes, brewpubs you can drink on site without a tour).

nickfern likes this.
  4. Yellowlt4

Yellowlt4 Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2016 Texas

Breweries are well covered above, as for bottle shops I highly recommend Sprayberry Bottle Shop in Marietta and Hop City in Atlanta.

nickfern likes this.
  5. ScottG818

ScottG818 Initiate (0) Oct 9, 2013 Georgia

Red Hare is also in Marietta, depending on what part of Cobb you are staying in. Some solid beers there...in particular, I'm a fan of what they are doing with their sours lately.

In the Kennesaw/Woodstock area, I second the Burnt Hickory love, and Reformation has some nice offerings, especially their belgians.

6. Brent272smith

Brent272smith Initiate (0) Nov 4, 2015 Georgia

Whatever you do avoid wasting your time at Red Hare, cool marketing but that is about the only quality thing coming out of that Brewery. Burnt Hickory and Dry County are good choices for Cobb but your best bet is driving into downtown Atlanta or Decatur where there are multiple quality breweries and bottle shops.

7. GameFreac

GameFreac Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2011 Georgia

The new strawberry berliner is really good though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.