Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Visiting Lafayette, LA

Discussion in 'South' started by mdeluna, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdeluna

mdeluna Mar 6, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

Hello there folks, like the title says I will be visiting my cousin in Lafayette this weekend.. I was wondering if any of you knew if they had something planned? Not entirely sure when the beer week is celebrated but I think I heard something about a festival.

I'm from Beaumont, TX.. so I guess I'd also be interested in a IP trade if there's any of you from Lafayette, and MAYBE Baton Rogue.. still not sure about that one, might go tailgate for the LSU game.. so keep that in mind.

I can get any Karbach, most Jester King, Real Ale, etc.

Freetail Salado Kriek
    Karbach Krunkin' Pumpkin
    Karbach 005

Just figured I'd try it as well.. I'm mostly interested in BA stouts,porters, ipas, pumpkiin, or anything I can't get in Texas and that would be hard to get in LA.

This post is a bit late so I apologize, I will be leaving tomorrow between 1-3pm.

2. EgadBananas

EgadBananas Mar 18, 2009 Louisiana

Parish Dr. Hoptagon is on tap and should be in bottles next week. You'll find a significant difference in beer in Baton Rouge, so I'd swing the trip if you can.

3. mdeluna

Beer Trader

Thanks, yeah it's ultimately not up to me.. but I'll definitely try to go to BR for my bottle searching needs.

4. jhhollier

jhhollier Feb 4, 2008 Louisiana

Yeah, Lafayette gets the short end of the stick when it comes to distribution. Southern Tier has been in the state for a couple months and have not seen any of the beers in Laf. Ditto for Sweetwater.

Parish Brewing is in Broussard (right outside of Laf.) and I'd recommend heading there to the taproom.

mdeluna likes this.
  5. mdeluna

Beer Trader

Thanks I'll try to do that aswell.. I like Parish.

6. mdeluna

Beer Trader

would you happen to know if you can take beers to the brewery and drink them there? I saw some beers on untappd that were being drank there that are not distributed in Louisiana.. so I imagined they were taken there.

7. Fister

Fister Jan 9, 2013 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

They share bottles quite often. I went yesterday and brought a Crème Brulee and a DFH Chicory Stout. The guys wernt there so I took the Crème Brulee back and left the Chicory Stout for them to share whenever. they have a special cask that they are tapping around noon today. If you want some good food go to Social. They have Stone Enjoy By on tap!

8. mdeluna

Beer Trader

Couldn't make perish but got hoptagon.. Do any of you know where I can get evil twin? Also interest in cherry ananke or 005 hit me up :)

9. jhhollier

If only I didn't have to work today. Glad you at least got some Dr. Hoptagon I think it's a damn tasty beer. Might have to grab a growler of it next week.

10. mdeluna

Beer Trader

I'm heading to parish right now.. Taking tradable beers with me... See how it is

11. mdeluna

Beer Trader

I wanted a growler of it but I was told they don't do hoptagon growlers.. I had a good time at parish.. Opened bottle of Salado kriek and got to try some 2013grand reserve on tap.. But shh..that didn't happen.

12. jhhollier

Weird cause I got a growler of Hoptagon 2 weeks ago. Can't wait to try this years Grand Reserve cause I was unable to find any of last years version.

13. mdeluna

Beer Trader

He did say they were, but then they stopped.. Also they have some sort of sign up sheet there where you put your information and they will be calling people to go pick it up. My cousin put his name on it, I think he said 3 bottle limit for it when it comes out (don't really remember).

14. jhhollier

Damn guess I need to head over there and sign up, thanks for the heads up

15. mdeluna

Beer Trader

Anyone from Alexandria? Staying there now for work.. I don't suppose anyone knows what spots to hit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer Fest® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe