Visiting Seattle (Spring 2016 Update)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by BuckeyeOne, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Poo-Bah (8,302) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

I knew there was a reason I liked you. :sunglasses:

BuckeyeOne likes this.
  2. Erik-P

Erik-P Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2013 Canada (BC)

3. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,105) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

Erik-P and sharpski like this.
  4. sharpski

sharpski Meyvn (1,188) Oct 11, 2010 Svalbard & Jan Mayen Islands
    Society Trader

Grab me a growler?

BBThunderbolt likes this.
  5. drinkin-beeers

drinkin-beeers Disciple (368) Jan 29, 2014 Montana

Shout out to Seattle for being an awesome city, as well as having outstanding beer basically everywhere. Had a ton of great beers while I was out here, leaving early tomorrow morning.here are some of my highlights. Grabbed a growler of House guest IPA from cloudburst which was really good. Had a pint of Georgetown bodhizafa which was one of my favorite IPAs on this trip. Went to Fremont twice really enjoyed the gose(was my favorite), grapefruit sour weiss, and the sour weiss, the sister, and I think the universal pale ale is really solid as well. Went to Naked City and had a couple beers with the wife, they were good. Had a few bottles at the hotel as well, Reuben's robust porter, crickey IPA were really good too. Got a few other regional bottles and cans to go as well. Had a good time talking to the guy at bottleworks and the locals at chucks 85th. Had a stoup brewing citra pale ale at chucks while getting some shopping tips from a local married couple which was cool. Can't wait to come back next year and do it all over again. Thanks to all the friendly people pretty much everywhere we went for the conversation and tips!

kemoarps, ScreamForMe, vurt and 5 others like this.
  6. TheGoof

TheGoof Initiate (0) Apr 10, 2013 Michigan

Awesome, my GF and I are visiting Seattle the 7th-11th and was just going to crowdsource suggestions, so thanks for compiling the list!

Which of the breweries and bottle shops are walkable from Lower Queen Anne or downtown? And what's a great dinner spot in Fremont (we are grabbing Paseo's for lunch before going to Fremont Brewing but aren't sure about dinner afterwards yet)?

7. dirtylou

dirtylou Poo-Bah (3,687) May 12, 2005 New York
    Society Trader

How great are you looking for and is price or beer a consideration? 3 years ago there was not much to recommend in Fremont, but times have changed

8. TheGoof

We're looking for the best tasting food we can get, doesn't have to be fancy but price isn't an issue and beer doesn't have to be since we will have already been drinking all day. :slight_smile:

9. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

While I've certainly had my issues with the service there, sometimes, I would still recommend Brouwers. All the food I've had there has been awesome. FWIW, I've never had issues with the service when at a table, only at the bar.

TheGoof likes this.
  10. ballardbeer

ballardbeer Initiate (133) Nov 10, 2013 Washington

can't go wrong with either manolin or joule. smaller plates at manolin, but everything is really well done.

TheGoof likes this.
  11. TheBungyo

TheBungyo Champion (813) Dec 1, 2004 Washington

You don't want to go to Paseo, you want Un Bien. Trust me. Also, if you like cheesesteaks, check out Calozzi's.

mdaschaf and BBThunderbolt like this.
  12. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,105) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

Except Un Bien is not walkable from Fremont.

Make reservations for dinner at Joule. I like Brouwers, but I'd go with Joule if given the choice. And they've normally got Wanderlust, Vortex and Fremont cans.

13. Trelvis

Trelvis Initiate (0) Feb 26, 2015 Texas

We will be in Seattle at the end of the month. Staying at the Renaissance in downtown. Definitely going to Cloudburst and want to try and go to Holy Mountain.

What are the best beer bars near the Renaissance in downtown or the Pike Place market?

14. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Aspirant (252) Sep 11, 2011 Washington

Pine Box is probably best bar near your hotel. Just a little walk. Better than trying to park there, anyway.

15. ndmonkey

ndmonkey Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2015 Washington

Beveridge Place Pub has one as well.

16. Bobbyk503

Bobbyk503 Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2015 Oregon

Random thought here. Me and some buddies are here from portland and brought up some beers to share if anyone is interested in a bottle share tonight. We will be going to the other half tap takeover at the masonry if anyone want to share beers also. I have Bottles from this weeks degarde release as well if anyone is interested in swapping bottles. Looking for fremont spice wars, brew 1000, CCBBOMB and holy montain midnight still or vintage bcbs's. Always just up for swapping beers too

17. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Zealot (509) Mar 9, 2008 Washington

I would ask, as the one who maintains this thread, that you refrain from bottle share and trade posts in this thread. There are ample such threads for you to post your requests. The intent of this thread is to help out of towners get the down and dirty 411 on our fair city's beer scene. Cheers.

18. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

Especially since it had been posted in another thread as well.

kemoarps likes this.
  19. Burntfoot

Burntfoot Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey

just got back... thank you for all the help!
    an amazing city for sure

20. TheGoof

Haha, I think I was sitting next to you guys at the bar at The Masonry (had a pour of the Oxtoberfest as well). I came back to this thread to add The Masonry to the list of must-hit spots in Seattle for beer geeks. That place is awesome, so glad my server at Holy Mountain earlier in the day told us about it.

21. TheGoof

Bambino's is probably only about a 10-12 minute walk from there. Great tap and bottle selection.

Trelvis likes this.
  22. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Zealot (509) Mar 9, 2008 Washington

Yo, Michigan, The Masonry is already on the list but under beer-centric restaurants.

kemoarps, BBThunderbolt and TheGoof like this.
  23. brewseum

brewseum Initiate (86) Nov 11, 2004 Minnesota

Old Stove brewing will be opening in the Pike Place Market addition...soon. Report to follow.

sharpski likes this.
  24. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

25. coquet

coquet Initiate (94) Aug 31, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

Hey pacific northwesterners! I'll be in Seattle for a few hours this Tuesday and am hoping to find some west coast brews to ship back home. Any can't miss bottles I should keep an eye out for?

Thanks and cheers!

26. Ostpies

Ostpies Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2015 New Zealand (Aotearoa)

I was there in January and I enjoyed Big Time Brewery and the selection available at Bottleworks.

27. AgirlnamedMEGA

AgirlnamedMEGA Initiate (0) Feb 26, 2014 Minnesota

I will be in Seattle near Pike Place for work in May (16/17th), but with NO car! Any shops that are worth an uber to? Most do not seem centrally located. I do see that will also be beer week.... I head to Vancouver via the train there after if anyone has any MUSTS I'm game to hear them too!

28. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

Which one?

29. TheBungyo

TheBungyo Champion (813) Dec 1, 2004 Washington

Pear Delicatessen in the market isn't a bottle shop but they have a great selection. Cloudburst brewing is right by the market as well, and they're brewing really tasty stuff.

30. jtirpak22

jtirpak22 Initiate (0) Aug 27, 2015 Washington

Unfortunately, Cloudburst won't be open while you're here (they're closed Monday and Tuesday) but it would definitely be worth Ubering to Holy Mountain. Pear Market is a good suggestion for bottles. It wouldn't be too difficult to get to Chuck's CD either.

BBThunderbolt and TheBungyo like this.
  31. AgirlnamedMEGA

Canada style. Will be heading there via train......

Erik-P likes this.
  32. AgirlnamedMEGA

Thanks friends! Uber to the Mountain it is :slight_smile: Yea- I heard Chuck's is great, i might be on a time crunch and flying solos as my co-workers are not on my level! Twisting their arms to get us too some breweries though!

33. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

Hit Brassneck up there. @JonnyBeers can give ya some more localized advice.

You'll be passing through my town, but won't have time to hit any of our breweries. Your loss. :wink:

jtirpak22 likes this.
  34. AgirlnamedMEGA

@beertunes Thanks man. Didn't know if the Canadians drank like us!

35. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

Van City has quite a nice scene going on. Central City is a favorite of mine, you can find their stuff around with no trouble, and there's a growing bunch of breweries. You'll want to check out the Alibi Room.

jtirpak22 and AgirlnamedMEGA like this.
  36. walterfredo

walterfredo Initiate (199) Nov 22, 2011 California
    Trader

My wife and I just did the same thing, train from Seattle up to Vancouver. Hit up many places in Vancouver, and we found the Alibi Room to be the best spot, by far!

AgirlnamedMEGA likes this.
  37. jtirpak22

jtirpak22 Initiate (0) Aug 27, 2015 Washington

Old Stove just opened in The Market this past weekend and is open daily. I haven't made it there yet but perhaps someone else in here will be able to recommend a visit (or dissuade you from one).

AgirlnamedMEGA likes this.
  38. JonnyBeers

JonnyBeers Disciple (345) Oct 24, 2012 Canada (BC)

Ya we've got all kinds of things going now. Four Winds just bought 8 foudres! Bump the Vancouver thread in Canada forums if you want a broader update, quite a few BC peeps on here now

AgirlnamedMEGA and BBThunderbolt like this.
  39. brewseum

brewseum Initiate (86) Nov 11, 2004 Minnesota

Old Stove is worth the visit. 6 or 7 styles to open,I had 4 and all were solid.Its walking distance from the Edgewater,and their food offerings are reasonable and tasty. They have great waitstaff-even though it was packed,people were taken care of in short order. They have sliding windows that can be compacted so the room can be opened to the sidewalk. A very cool display of historic beer cans and a cool wall mural that fools the eye-you'll have to see it yourself!

AgirlnamedMEGA and jtirpak22 like this.
  40. sanford_and_son

sanford_and_son Initiate (0) Jul 23, 2012 Washington

Anyone else make it to Ravenna Brewing over the weekend? It was too packed on Friday, but I made it back on Sunday and it was very cool. Nice, cozy neighborhood vibe. Pale ale is quite good. Vanilla Porter.....not so much.

jtirpak22 and BBThunderbolt like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.