Visiting VA Beach/Chesapeake

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by Shanty76, Jul 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanty76

Shanty76 Aspirant (208) Nov 12, 2015 Georgia

What are some of the better places to shop for beer in the area? Intereated in Toppling Goliath...Aslin...The Veil...Hardywood....Lickinghole Creek. Traveling from GA will be weekend of the 7th. May can bring some from here to possible do an in-person trade as well.

Cheers!

Hayden34 likes this.
  2. Maltytasker

Maltytasker Initiate (0) Oct 7, 2007 Virginia

Hey man , glad to see you're coming back to town . No TG that I know of . Hardywood and LC are available here . For cans at The Veil in Richmond or Aslin in Northen VA you have to go there . I've seen some on tap , mostly at Esoteric and Bottlecraft . Bottlecraft is the best new store around here . They have stuff from JWB , Modern Times and a bunch more . And Grape and Gourmet is a must .
    I'm heading to NJ this weekend , should be getting beers from Kane and maybe some others . Give me a shout .

3. NeroFiddled

NeroFiddled Poo-Bah (11,574) Jul 8, 2002 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Commonwealth Brewing in Virginia Beach is often overlooked. Benchtop in Norfolk does some great stuff as well. And if you're going to hit The Veil you might as well hit Strangeways and The Answer which are really close.

As for shops there's also Bottle craft in Virginia Beach. I'm not sure if they'll still have it but they've got a collaboration beer with The Bruery call Geburtstagkranz that sounds interesting.

4. stereosforgeeks

stereosforgeeks Savant (939) Jul 10, 2005 Virginia

Triple Crossing over Strangeways all day long.

5. MistaRyte

MistaRyte Zealot (553) Jan 14, 2008 Virginia
    Trader

Beer shopping in VA Beach... you have Grape + Gourmet on Va Beach Blvd, Bottlecraft and the TW out at the Hilltop area, and Mix it Up on Shore Drive.

Chesapeake... I'm drawing a blank. I know theres a TW in the Greenbrier area. Just go to Big Ugly Brewing I guess :slight_smile:

6. RC51Mike

RC51Mike Initiate (156) Dec 17, 2004 South Carolina

We enjoyed a stop at Wasserhund in VB. It's been a little while so I don't recall beer particulars but we must have really liked some IPAs because my wife said we stocked up on crowlers. Food and atmosphere good in spite of location in a small strip center. I think it's well worth a look.

MistaRyte likes this.
  7. montman

montman Devotee (418) Mar 10, 2009 Virginia
    Trader

Make sure you hit up Reaver beach brewing in VB, great sour/wild program as well as plenty of other options. Commonwealth is in VB and will have some cans to take back and stop by Benchtop if you make it to Norfolk.
    Grape & Gourmet and Bottlecraft will have you covered for all your out of distro take home needs.
    As stated above no Veil unless you find some on draft (esoteric is your best bet) but honestly there is plenty of great stuff to drink you can't get in GA, just set up an IP trade if you really want to try something from Veil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.